• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Custom Campaign Map Tirisfal Glades

Tirisfal Glades Demo map of Custom Campaign: Azeroth Crisis

Tirisfal Glades is the first playable map of the Custom Campaign “Azeroth Crisis” and can be tested today for feedback. This map represents what you can expect to see in my Custom Campaign.

189272-49f72a7dc239dee5c2fd62401ccb298e.jpg

Story:

Weeks after Prince Arthas betrayal. With King Terenas Menethil's death and Lord Uther slain, The Silver Hand is having a difficult time. They have been trying to save as many as possible with their new leader "Alexandros Mograine" The Ashbringer.
After been injured against Arthas, Maxwell has recovered and returns to duty.

The story takes place in Reign of Chaos when Arthas becomes a Death Knight. You will be playing as Maxwell Tyrosus, a Paladin from the Silver Hand trying to do his best to save his people and to stop the Scourge.
Events in Reign of Chaos can change depending on your choices you make in the Campaign.

Info about Azeroth Crisis:

This Custom Campaign will have the following

- New player Faction: Argent Crusade
- All units are voiced in cutscenes. Some units like Maxwell Tyrosus got custom quotes as well.
- All maps got their own custom music
- 20 Playable maps. 25-28 maps total.
- Choices that will change future maps/events
- Boss battles

How to play?

1: Open the Campaign File inside the Editor (F7)
2: Open the File
3: Right Click the Map called " TheVillageBegining" and "Edit map"
4: Test Map (Ctrl + F9)
5: Done!

Questions I want to answer:

Question: The models cannot move their mouths?
Answer: In order to make Animated Portraits work, you have to do this: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/how-to-warcraft-3-reforged-animated-portraits.325536/
and I do not have the skills to make it work with every sound file being a custom audio file.

Question: Planning on a Classic Version?
Answer: If enough people want a classic version of the Campaign, I will do it, but need to know if it is worth it for me to make it. Reforged Version will be the first one to come out.

Question: Is the full version of Azeroth Crisis ready?
Answer: Not yet! A lot of stuff I need to do + real life as well. If everything goes after planned, the campaign should be ready in 1 year from now.

Question: Can you skip the Cinematics?
Answer: No not in this version. It will be skippable on release, but for now I want you to enjoy my work

Note that:

- Maxwell Tyrosus Abilities are NOT final. these abilities are only for this map.
- This is the first map you play in the Campaign and Maxwell Tyrosus can get to lvl 3 (On release he will NOT gain EXP on this map)
- I am aware of the Bonus areas, they are not finished in this version, still you can give feedback on them.

Things that will be fixed before release:

1: The Bonus areas will be fixed
2: There will be a option is disable Tips

Give your feedback in this thread or on YouTube Here:

I will try my best to answer questions as well.

Credits for models used in Tirisfal Glades:

Brigitte Abbendis by Footman16
Silverhand Captain by Footman16
Nosferatu Made By Mr Ogre man

189273-ad36dd859aefae11a9012b771250478f.png
189279-441b09be5446dd2396a06dbed4f6058b.png
Previews
Contents

Azeroth Crisis (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
It's a nice beginning but relies extensively on Warcraft III material and no real custom stuff to diverse the gameplay or make it feel like you're not overplaying the game. Also, it's just one chapter. The screenshots and some of the text could be...
Level 7
i saw you saying that if enough people want a classic u'll do one could u put a vote chart please i'll try this one tho gl in all your future projects i hope u keep working on it

Level 2
I have just completed your map and it is my review.
Firstly, cinematics and voice acting are amazing! Terrain is also beautiful.
The only problem i had, was about quest i think it would be better if you separate them and create two separets one or you should mark them as completed i mean change desription that one quest is completed and other is discovered (in the quest menu) but it is only my opinion. Overall 10/10 good work :D

Level 4
I have just completed your map and it is my review.
Firstly, cinematics and voice acting are amazing! Terrain is also beautiful.
The only problem i had, was about quest i think it would be better if you separate them and create two separets one or you should mark them as completed i mean change desription that one quest is completed and other is discovered (in the quest menu) but it is only my opinion. Overall 10/10 good work :D
Yeah, quest stuff has never been my strong side. I plan on revisit the quests in the future. Thanks for your honest feedback!

This is kinda coincidental because I was thinking about making a campaign after my current one covering the immediate aftermath of the scourge of Lordaeron following the Ashbringer and showing the formation of the Scarlet Crusade. So I'll be keeping a keen eye on this campaign, also good to see HD graphics being used well :)

Level 2
really cool map, but had some issues with the opening triggers. for some reason my game wouldnt let me choose "right path" or "left path" and the pathing blockers stayed in place. I just deleted the pathing blockers and the triggers in the worldedit and the whole thing ran smoothly :)

Level 7
Will admit, I have seen the youtube videos for this campaign, lots of potential and great work. Just curious, you need any help with storywriting? I do think it needs a little work.

Level 4
Will admit, I have seen the youtube videos for this campaign, lots of potential and great work. Just curious, you need any help with storywriting? I do think it needs a little work.
Right now, the story/events are mostly final. I know for some players, this kind of Campaign can be a little off. Just keep in mind that I am using existing sound files from all of Blizzards games. I have around 20 playable maps + 4 Interludes and the Intro aswell. (26-28 maps). so if I needed to change something in the story I would have to:

1: Find new voice lines for each character in that scene + future cutscenses.
2: If it is a choice the player is making, that will need to change aswell + into future maps.

Still I would be interested in what in the story you do not like.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It's a nice beginning but relies extensively on Warcraft III material and no real custom stuff to diverse the gameplay or make it feel like you're not overplaying the game.
Also, it's just one chapter.

The screenshots and some of the text could be put between spoiler/hidden tags to ease scrolling.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/