• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Melee] Tirisfal Glades 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello,
im an old moviemaker for wc3
and mapmaker from Starcraft 2 ( Meerel Maps for Download ) and i really want to start making melee maps for Warcraft 3.

I played wc3 for Clan Demonknights around 2006 till 2010 i think. Never lost track in my sc2 time and with reforged coming i guess its the perfect time to start.

For the first project i took the ladder map tirisfal glades and changed it a bit to get a feeling for the editor.
i know alot of players dont like this map for several reasons. i tried to place the expansion closer for human fast expansion, added additional 2 goldmines and changed creep position and composition (less poison).
2 new ramps allow for more strategic moveability.

i have no idea if this is any good so please leave some feedback if you want.

Screenshots:
Unbenannt-1.jpg Unbenannt-2.jpg Unbenannt-3.jpg Unbenannt-4.jpg Unbenannt-5.jpg Unbenannt-6.jpg Unbenannt-7.jpg

tirisfal.jpg
tirisfal Kopie2.jpg

Attachments

• (2)TirisfalGlades2.0.w3x
    106.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Level 1
Googling "Tirisfal Glades Warcraft 3" every few years to see if it's gotten more (well deserved) hate is very enjoyable, as the map won me a signed copy of TFT in 2003 despite me knowing fuck all about what made a good War3 map when I was 16. I still don't tbh.

Frankly I'm amazed that people still talk about it, let alone got into the ladder earlier this year! LOL!

Anyway, I'm glad it's been used to give you some experience with the editor :) Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.