• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

T-Junction

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Chinese name of map: “丁”字路口

English name of map: T-Junction

Map file: (24)T-Junction.w3x

Map version: 1.31

Map size: Large (320 x 320)

Map sandbox template: City-state

Map population: FFA or 9v15

Map introduction:
  The elevated road with the word "Ding" dyed red by blood made the whole city wake up in the wailing sound. However, some dark sorcerers took the opportunity to spread heresy again in the name of saving world peace! Who can save the city from suffering?

Player suggestions:

Since the portal in the starting point area of the player set in this map has no return function, the player should be warned to use the exclusive color portal carefully. In the middle and bottom of the "T" road in the figure, there is a black transmission door, which is used for players to quickly go back and forth between the horizontal and vertical paths. Outside the "T" road, there are three white transmission gates in the city area, which are distributed in a triangle shape and are used for the whole picture of players' travel. The exclusive color portal near the player's starting point is only for escape. When the player is about to be defeated, he can take the farmer to use the portal to escape from the gold mine outside the T-shaped road and start a new business.

Note to players:

This map is not suitable for man-machine combat! Due to the geographical distribution of the map, there is a bug in AI of Warcraft III: after the game starts, the farmers of "immortal" and "night elf" will not mine.

I have found out the cause of bug. The reason is that if there are two or more gold mines near the player's "starting point", the farmers of "undead" and "night elf" will not be able to mine after the game starts. Because of the particularity of "undead" and "night elf" gold mines, if a "wild gold mine" and "haunted gold mine" or "entangled gold mine" are too close to the base, AI will not be able to judge the target of "monk" or "elf" looking for mining, so there are "undead" farmers and "night elf" farmers in the game No mining after the Bureau.

As shown in the figure, when there are two gold mines near the "immortal" base, the "monk" will not mine; when one gold mine is deleted, the "monk" will start mining.

If the players who are introverted and unwilling to interact with netizens insist on man-machine battle, it is suggested to set the computer race as "human race" and "beast race". Although the fun of "immortal race" and "Night Elf race" is lost, the scene is still "bloody earth".

Above for BaiDu translation.

ZLY199377
Previews
Contents

T-Junction (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Be sure to use CTRL+PAGE UP/DOWN to properly raise/lower ramp doodads. Well, in some places it looks as if they should be bigger/scaled. It's a bad idea for melee games to have such narrow paths. I have to say it looks nice and all but not suitable...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Be sure to use CTRL+PAGE UP/DOWN to properly raise/lower ramp doodads. Well, in some places it looks as if they should be bigger/scaled.
  2. It's a bad idea for melee games to have such narrow paths. I have to say it looks nice and all but not suitable for this sort of gameplay.
  3. Your map designs are more fitting for campaigns and other types of gameplay, not melee.
  4. Huge melee maps will rarely be played or at least will not come without issues since the distances between points are painstaking.
  5. I think you could turn this one into a sort of template (Template | HIVE) for people to use in their campaigns, custom maps but not melee.
Consider the points mentioned for your other map Prison Havoc

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Shar Dundred
Paillan
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

EDIT: set to Substandard on user agreement Prison Havoc

Last edited: