• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #5 - Hero Ability Icon Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Wardens head(s) is(are) halved because of the borders. You should try and re size that image to 56x56 pixels and then add the boundaries around.

EDIT:
Hope you don't mind ike, I couldn't resist.
attachment.php

Attachments

• BTNBlinkByIkeIke.jpg
    BTNBlinkByIkeIke.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 492
Level 30
snap, you definitely improved it.

Caeyra, you are using quite generic symbols and represented situations used in nearly any game. That's why we're saying "CnP perhaps"?
Since i haven't seen quite a lot from you before, i'd be glad if you could send me the .psd file. I might be able to give more detailed feedback then.

shaman, just coninue it. The fact that someone else took the same icon to replace doesnt mean that you aren't allowed to make a replacement for the icon as well.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Wow... Just wow. I can't believe I missed this for so long, after I was paying attention to the idea thread... Dang. Must be almost over. :p

Well anyway, I must say, AMAZING ICONS. Especially Mr.Goblin and bananaHUNT, for how well they fit into Wc3 (and, oh yeah, how AWEXOME they are). bananaHUNT, if you don't release or use that Troll tiki-mask icon soon, I will come to your house and gut you. :p

Keep on keepin' on, all.

Level 17
farsight.jpg

Far sight, not keen on this one, hopefully I can replace it. The bg was supposed to be like the maps on the loading screens, but I don't think that comes across at all.

To be honest, that looks like an icon for a windows 95 education game. (no offence)

I also think it's more fitting for the goblin observe version of the spell, since far sight have a more shamanistic theme.

Level 6
None taken. xD

I don't like it that much, I'm not gonna be too upset if others feel the same way.

I really hate the original Far Sight icon, but coming up with an improvement has not proved easy.

Edit:
farsight2.jpg

Maybe more mystical, if not shamanistic. I wanted to add an orcish hand to it, but it's too busy as it is. =/

I think I'ma just pick another icon to remake. :p

Last edited:
Bigger or brighter?
Or another effect?

I suggest making the thing in front of the infernal (the green fire stuff) more glowy and round. Right now it looks to dark to be demonic fire, it kind of looks like as the infernal was falling it hit a disgusting oozeling, which exploded upon impact. And its kind of flat, like the rock is a blade, not a round stone thing. Kind of have the fire overlap the rock a bit more, and it should be fine. :D

Level 15
@Dentothor
It looks as if you ripped the icon off Obsidian Destroyer's Devour Magic somehow :S
@DevineArmy
Looks good. Could be more goblin XD. Put lots of buttons and explosive-looking stuff :D

Anyway, I will work on my icons but I don't seem to be getting much feedback :(
EDIT: Holy... I just realised that my icon layers got merged when I saved as .tga... Foolish of me :(

Level 30
kay
In the meantime, I started a new icon
Goblin alchemist chemical bomb spell.
comments on this and on the rockets please.
Ima take a close look at the old rocket icon ...
It wasn't gray ... I remember now.

also ... this kinda is my first bottle thingy ever ... so hints would be very welcome.

Attachments

• poisonbottle.jpg
    poisonbottle.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.