• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #5 - Hero Ability Icon Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Okay, i think this are going to be my entries, but i will work on remakes and the other versions.

For now, this is what i got:

BTNRainOfFire
BTNRainOfFire.jpg

BTNInferno
RanOfChaos2.jpg

BTNHolyLight
BTNHolyLightWip.jpg

BTNSilence
BTNSIlenceV1.jpg

The quality will be even better, since his are .jpg images.

Level 16
What hero does hurl boulder? I know it only from dota :p But if you make some red fire it could be rain of fire, or with green fire inferno ;)

Paladon I like Rain of Fire (but the flames can be a bit wider) and Holy Light,
Silence needs some more colours and details on his shirt maybe
Inferno i dont really like, i think because the green fire in front of the rock is too circly?

and symmetric

Level 8
I would suppose so. This one is good, though, comparing it with the other three it kinda stands back.

@a7xpwns3
Hurl Bolder is not a hero ability. The critical strike is not bad, perhaps if you could make the blood less blurry and more cartoony like. Storm Bolt it to harsh, color vise, and you should try making the edges softer.
PS-If it's any consolation, my icon was much worse.

Level 30
Silence needs some more colours and details on his shirt maybe
Inferno i dont really like, i think because the green fire in front of the rock is too circly?

and symmetric

Thanks for the feedback.
Well, more details on the "shirt" are not necessary, since the shirt conists out of some bandages. For the details, i added some folds.
About the green "fire" in the front of the boulder, that's how it looks like in front of such :)

Level 26
Okay, i think this are going to be my entries, but i will work on remakes and the other versions.

For now, this is what i got:

BTNRainOfFire
BTNRainOfFire.jpg

BTNInferno
RanOfChaos2.jpg

BTNHolyLight
BTNHolyLightWip.jpg

BTNSilence
BTNSIlenceV1.jpg

The quality will be even better, since his are .jpg images.

I think your inferno icon would also look much better if you would change the color to the infernal smoke particle color

Level 11
Lol. I'm thinking of making a big gnarled arm busting out of a tree. But I can't remember what the original looks like, and if it's too close. Is it something like that, or just the icon for Treants, with its face and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.