• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.27a - Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably half a year to a year until any meaningful changes are released.
I don't mean this as a discouragement, as I think it's great what you do, but imo your expectations are too high. Wc3 will never (at least not from Blizzard) be patched to a point where you can do everything you currently require.

As for modders, I think we're lucky if we get higher mapsize limit, some bug fixes, some more UI modification possibilities and 5-10 new natives which make life easier. Of course I would be happy if my expectations are surpased by Blizzard.

There is a hack that removes mapsize limit.

Level 21
Well hopefully my maps won't be damaged by the new patch and I am going to download the patch and update the maps to the latest.
So everyone will hopefully do the same for their stuff, just in case older stuff won't work for the new patch.
I honestly thought to that we were going to have more balance changes to this patch, but thankfully they fixed stuff around for it, and I am kinda glad it's now 1.27.
Seven is my favorite number. :3

Level 1
Mac 10.9 and earlyer

The patch dont update on my old mac. Is it like i cant enter battle.net anymore? Do i have to buy a new computer if i want to enter battle.net on the frozen throne?

Level 19
I don't mean this as a discouragement, as I think it's great what you do, but imo your expectations are too high. Wc3 will never (at least not from Blizzard) be patched to a point where you can do everything you currently require

why would anyone wait for it in this case? company which can't deliver cannot succeed, especially novadays.
they had easiest quests of their lives, simply change constants there and here. remove hardcoded limits. and they didn't. no reason. just - no.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The patch dont update on my old mac. Is it like i cant enter battle.net anymore? Do i have to buy a new computer if i want to enter battle.net on the frozen throne?
According to Apple you should have brought at least 2 computers since they dropped PowerPC support entirely so this is not a problem. On your modern x86 Mac you can download the new client and run it with full compatibility and support. The editor is not supported for now but that may or may not change in the future and is hardly any better than before anyway where the Mac editor was very buggy.

How is it a good patch for windows 10 users? I run windows 10 and never had 1 problem with wc3...
D3D8 implementation of Windows 10 had compatibility issues with Warcraft III. These included broken gamma (cannot set game gamma) and extremely bad in game performance. The work around before was to use -opengl which did not suffer these problems. Now I can confirm both gamma and performance is back for D3D.

why would anyone wait for it in this case? company which can't deliver cannot succeed, especially novadays.
they had easiest quests of their lives, simply change constants there and here. remove hardcoded limits. and they didn't. no reason. just - no.
There is a game called StarCraft II. That has many of the WC3 problems fixed.

So do Ambient sounds not work on maps anymore?
No, but as they said this is a temporary compatibility issue due to something wrong with the midi system. Chances are it will be fixed in a coming patch, possibly as early as next week when they release their balance patch.

Level 37
Some of you guys need to chill out and let Blizzard do their thang.

yJyjkZB.png

On a side note, I am extremely happy about the Windows 10 compatibility!

If you are on 10.9 or earlier, you should patch to Yosemite. It is a free upgrade!

It looks like they changed the audio backend in the update--and iirc Yosemite made a lot of changes to Apple's audio framework. Just a guess, but that might be why it has such a strict requirement. If I were you, I would just upgrade to 10.10 or 10.11. I've tested it and the update/installer runs just fine. :)

so, how it changes the world editor? excepting graphics??

It doesn't. This was a compatibility patch. But they've shown signs of making further updates, e.g. for melee balance, so we'll have to wait and see. Imo, it is better that they get basic compatibility issues out of the way now so they can move on to other things without worrying as much. The more you add in a patch, the more that can go wrong. ;) Once issues get intertwined, it becomes hard to see exactly which updates caused which bugs.

Level 19
There is a game called StarCraft II. That has many of the WC3 problems fixed.

there are dozen games around, even better than sc2. guess what, I don't care, I wanted stuff for WC3. And it's the only reason many of us swarming around.

by the way, is "fixed chaing lightning crash" pointing the old antihack system with invisible incorrect lightning?

Level 26
What is the problem? It's one of the Windows libraries and was linked against when compiling. Put it in Windows/system32, respectively additionally Windows/SysWOW64 for 64 bit. You probably have an older version, maybe you would even get it via a Windows update. Seeing that they have msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll shipped in the Warcraft III folder, they probably forgot to replace it but yeah the thing is, you normally do not want to bloat your software with all the platform dlls.

edit: http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20742924583

Last edited:
Level 5
what the bullS@#! why they released such a crappy patch after all of these years they released a windows 10 support LOL
it`s so sad that we expected much from blizzard ,this patch reminds me the 1.27 wish list in Forum :(
maybe after 10 years they release patch for windows x(what ever version would be) again :))) I think blizzard has abandoned Warcraft III Core Update and they just release compatibility patches so stick back to your project and don`t let Warcraft III die
disappointing ....

Level 26
Nah, the compatibility patch is reasonable if they want to build up on it. The problem is just that they did not care for the years ago. Seems they now recruited new people who do not deserve the criticism, but yeah, guess I will leave some thread in their forums as well about why there is all the mistrust.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
what the bullS@#! why they released such a crappy patch after all of these years they released a windows 10 support LOL
it`s so sad that we expected much from blizzard ,this patch reminds me the 1.27 wish list in Forum :(
maybe after 10 years they release patch for windows x(what ever version would be) again :))) I think blizzard has abandoned Warcraft III Core Update and they just release compatibility patches so stick back to your project and don`t let Warcraft III die
disappointing ....

How about some fucking gratitude that they even bothered to do that?
Name another company that updates a 10 year+ old game when they got newer ones in the same series.

You can likely count those companies on one hand.

Level 5
How about some fucking gratitude that they even bothered to do that?
Name another company that updates a 10 year+ old game when they got newer ones in the same series.

You can likely count those companies on one hand.
You are an optimist person i appreciate that
but a Company must keep it`s Clients Satisfy a game which still has millions of players in the world specially the tools that game offers to users for developing new maps why they suddenly stopped supporting their users? even they don`t release new game in the warcraft`s series i know blizzard might be busy with WoW but why they have created a ridiculous (in my opinion) game like Heros of Storm (a poor copy of DotA lacking game play) instead of upgrading the Warcraft`s engine ? at least they could remove Maplimit Cap and Replace their old models with new high polygons models which is a super easy job for a Game company (you can find plenty of these unofficial patches for warcraft) i don`t want to mock their efforts but what efforts?what we have in 1.27 patch?judge that

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
but a Company must keep it`s Clients Satisfy a game which still has millions of players in the world specially the tools that game offers to users for developing new maps why they suddenly stopped supporting their users?
WC3 probably has less than three-hundred thousand players. Most of which have not paid for the game so are not supported.

Heros of Storm (a poor copy of DotA lacking game play)
Its gameplay is far better than DotA. None of the nonsense DotA has.

instead of upgrading the Warcraft`s engine ?
They have. It is called "StarCraft II". It does so much more than WC3 can.

at least they could remove Maplimit Cap
I agree with that. It is probably 1 line of code to change.

Replace their old models with new high polygons models which is a super easy job for a Game company (you can find plenty of these unofficial patches for warcraft)
WC3 does not support such a thing due to how the game is programmed. Also since WC3 gives them practically no revenue outside of the Chinese tournaments who is going to actually pay the millions needed to make HD assets? There is a reason SC2 only got a few HD Warcraft models.

what we have in 1.27 patch?judge that
A game that works like it should on Windows 10. That is a big improvement over it not working like it should on Windows 10. It also now works on modern Mac, which is an ever bigger improvement. Both are what was most needed.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
StarCraft II would be an upgrade from WC3 if they improved the multi-core performance or offloaded more work to the GPU. As it stands, the stuttering is obscene with a group of players or lots of units involved. It's a shame that it performs so poorly on most peoples' computers, because both WC3 and its predecessor StarCraft were very light. The way SC2 lags my machine I would assume its graphical quality was on par with Battlefield 3 - but it really is closer to a high-quality mid-2000's FPS. Not even the rich-texture storyline scenes are noteworthy.

Level 19
But you'll have to learn everything from scratch and according to others it takes a lot of time and effort to learn even the basics...

well, some of ppl could get used to "change your game to X" argument. It's not even funny how mature guys comes here to throw the same argument again. It doesn't work this way. There are no "the same, but even better" walls in the city. Hope this analogy is clean enough.

Last edited:

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
well, some of ppl could hear "change your game to X" argument in childhood, but it's not even funny how often local citizens comes to say it here. Like if we are artists and they think "all walls are the same, guys, use any in the city".

This has to be the most confounded thing I've read all year. What say trying to where?

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Ahhh, yeah. That makes a lot more sense. Thank you for clearing that up, and I agree that there is no replacement for WC3. StarCraft 2 is the least interesting Blizzard game they've released in a long time. It had a lot of potential, but was marred by the system requirements and terrible storyline which resembles nothing of the original.

Ahhh, yeah. That makes a lot more sense. Thank you for clearing that up, and I agree that there is no replacement for WC3. StarCraft 2 is the least interesting Blizzard game they've released in a long time. It had a lot of potential, but was marred by the system requirements and terrible storyline which resembles nothing of the original.

Don't forget the massive learning curve of Galaxy Editor.

Level 1

Dota 2 is the future, with custom maps. Warlock is nice.
Anime maps is meh, because need more resources and tutorials..
DON Next gen, on it. HoA next gen, on it.

Level 1
If you are on 10.9 or earlier, you should patch to Yosemite. It is a free upgrade!

It looks like they changed the audio backend in the update--and iirc Yosemite made a lot of changes to Apple's audio framework. Just a guess, but that might be why it has such a strict requirement. If I were you, I would just upgrade to 10.10 or 10.11. I've tested it and the update/installer runs just fine. :)

I am on a OS X 10.6.8 and I cant find any upgrade possible. Where can i upgrade to yosemite? Is it even possible on this old mac?

I install patch 1.27 and my warcraft will not open. Look!!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/eid4s3/Capture.jpg

Download "Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013":
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Then the problem should go away.

I am on a OS X 10.6.8 and I cant find any upgrade possible. Where can i upgrade to yosemite? Is it even possible on this old mac?

It might be possible. It may depend on the year/model of the mac, but check out this link:
http://www.apple.com/osx/how-to-upgrade/#hardware-requirements

The minimum OS requirement is 10.6.8 to upgrade directly. You might want to back-up your files just in case, though. Good luck! You can PM me if you have questions.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
StarCraft II would be an upgrade from WC3 if they improved the multi-core performance or offloaded more work to the GPU. As it stands, the stuttering is obscene with a group of players or lots of units involved. It's a shame that it performs so poorly on most peoples' computers, because both WC3 and its predecessor StarCraft were very light. The way SC2 lags my machine I would assume its graphical quality was on par with Battlefield 3 - but it really is closer to a high-quality mid-2000's FPS. Not even the rich-texture storyline scenes are noteworthy.
SC2 actually is very light on the GPU because its shaders are so efficient and most of the GPU overhead is on a separate thread. Any modern gaming GPU can run the game at extreme like it is nothing.

The performance problems are a result of the CPU being overloaded by the complexity of the state. This is to be expected seeing how SC2 does considerably more complex things than WC3. For example you can order any number of units to move at once and they start moving instantly and flow everywhere. In WC3 there is a reason they only run 1 movement update per player per game frame.

But you'll have to learn everything from scratch and according to others it takes a lot of time and effort to learn even the basics...
The basics take more time and effort, but the advanced stuff takes practically no effort at all. For example swapping a unit's model during gameplay is a few seconds of work, changing the texture of a model without changing the model about a minutes of work. You can alter unit hitpoints with triggers directly without having to import/make complex systems that exploit bugs or dozens of abilities.

Don't forget the massive learning curve of Galaxy Editor.
That mole hill is so big to climb...

If it is the Intel version it should support WC3. If it is the PowerPC version then you are using something unsupported by Apple so one can expect no WC3 support.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Snow Leopard is only Intel. It was Leopard which allowed PPC CPU's to run. Snow Leopard simply had Rosetta to support PPC applications, not hardware.
I was looking at the tables on Wikipedia and it said 10.6 still had a PowerPC build.

Anyway it is worth noting that this patch secretly raises the system requirements of Warcraft III. It now links to Direct3D 9. Although XP systems without D3D9 compatible hardware should still have the dll if installed and it should still work to run D3D8 code, it does mean that some users which do not have D3D9 installed will get errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.