• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.27

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

It looks like Warcraft 3 still has a beating heart.

Rumor has it that Warcraft 3 may have a patch in the making:
[Reddit] | [Source (Chinese)]

There isn't any info, but it could happen. Supposedly some reporter asked whether a new patch was in the making, and supposedly the answer was 'yes'. Why didn't he ask more questions? No clue.

There isn't any official word on whether this is true (yet), but it sounds pretty exciting! If it does come, it'll likely just be a lot of maintenance/balancing, but perhaps there will be some compatibility changes as well?

Warcraft 3 is still living strong competitively in China. As many of you may already know, China got its own official ladder client this past year (NetEase). In addition, Warcraft 3 was one of the featured games in Blizzard China's Gold Series (2015). This can only spell good things for Warcraft 3's future, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Attachments

• Patch127.png
    Patch127.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 219,898
Level 19
well a few things could be improved

dropping items rested cooldowns to loading all over gaining.

uhm.... what else???? 0-0

well that is all I can think of. if you know of any bugs, tell me.

what could be added?

it would be cool of they allowed units to gain experience point, and, being able to select your starting units with units you saved from your last play throw. this way you can start each round with a little backup from the units you managed to promote and protect from last round.

a set of passive hero abilities earned and bought with special game point used at the victory screen.

god powers used in game.

and hmm... what else... you know I'm actually getting excited about changes which are likely never going to be added!

how awesome is that!

Yesss! Maybe they can add a way to manipulate projectiles without having to resort to a missile system and figure out the absolute z-axis of a flying unit over water/near cliffs/over doodads/etc. Bunch of new editor stuff, really. Also, from what I understood, wc3 only runs on 1 core? Multiple core usage would be great.

-nerf siege tank HP
-nerf windwalk, buff mirror image mana cost
-buff headhunter, shaman & tauren dps
-nerf death knight speed, buff crypt lord speed
-buff cripple mana cost
-nerf wyrm's frost breath duration & AoE dmg
-buff mountain giant war club DPS
-nerf cyclone mana cost
-nerf storm crow's DPS, allow it to attack both air & ground
-buff ancient protector (in literally any fashion)

^my proposed balance changes

Roland

R

Roland

How about you all calm your tits? It's just a patch.

Better yet it MIGHT be.

Well, That's how Blizzard Fanatics/Addicts are.. Even the smallest thing happened in the blizzard franchise they go Koo-Koo.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Wow... That is amazing. What is it, like, 13 years old at this point? I love this.

There is literally no way they'll do this, but you just know I'm gonna be here crossing my fingers for a new custom Tavern hero. :D Or, perhaps even better, allowing buffs to stack!! What a world.

I've been away from modding too long to remember the other big issues, but those stand out to me.

It looks like Warcraft 3 still has a beating heart.
You can't kill the... Undead?

-nerf siege tank HP
-nerf windwalk, buff mirror image mana cost
-buff headhunter, shaman & tauren dps
-nerf death knight speed, buff crypt lord speed
-buff cripple mana cost
-nerf wyrm's frost breath duration & AoE dmg
-buff mountain giant war club DPS
-nerf cyclone mana cost
-nerf storm crow's DPS, allow it to attack both air & ground
-buff ancient protector (in literally any fashion)

^my proposed balance changes
I like you. You're consistent. :p

This isn't the first time I've heard about the UD problems (nerf DK & crypt fiends, buff crypt lord & dreadlord), but that's an interesting milieu of proposals... What about the Warden being too crazy?

Keep the fires burning, brother. : )

Level 25
"I hope they're going add this and this and this and editor support and explosions and physics and realtime shadows and a new graphics engine and
they're going to fix the leaks in the game and add bloom and dynamic water and increased modding support and balance the game and.."

Changelog 1.27
* Added support for selling Warcraft 3 on Battle.net

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
"I hope they're going add this and this and this and editor support and explosions and physics and realtime shadows and a new graphics engine and
they're going to fix the leaks in the game and add bloom and dynamic water and increased modding support and balance the game and.."

Changelog 1.27

Love your comment :D And love your deceiving signature as well :D +rep!

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23

Changelog 1.27

^ This.

Level 19
If we are very very lucky, Blizzard concerns about the modding community.
I have my personal wish list :D

However I guess the best we can get is a few ingame balances, updated os compatibility
and battle.net as gaming platform.

That would be already pretty awesome.

A new patch is great news. If the patch notes are interesting more people will play the game once again.
That probably has also direct influence on the THW community.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

please increase the bnet map filesize limit. :3

Level 4
AFAIK it's only a small balance patch that will bring no changes to world editor. Blizzard asked top players in the chinese ladder about what they thought was overpowered.. and now the Warden is getting nerfed because at WCA LawLiet eliminated all 3 best chinese human players with her as the first hero. With some luck, some compatibility issues might get addressed, but I wouldn't expect anything more.

Level 23
AFAIK it's only a small balance patch that will bring no changes to world editor. Blizzard asked top players in the chinese ladder about what they thought was overpowered.. and now the Warden is getting nerfed because at WCA LawLiet eliminated all 3 best chinese human players with her as the first hero. With some luck, some compatibility issues might get addressed, but I wouldn't expect anything more.

This.

I mean, afaik, the WE is as bug free as it can get and most of the functionalities the WE lacked, we've compensated by making the code ourselves. There's little reason for Blizz to make changes to the WE now.

Level 22
I mean, afaik, the WE is as bug free as it can get and most of the functionalities the WE lacked, we've compensated by making the code ourselves. There's little reason for Blizz to make changes to the WE now.

There's still a lot of things WE is lacking including:
- Cooldown API/Manipulation
- Instant Attack or a way to get the Attack/Armor of a unit
- Destroyable trackables
- Attack Range manipulation in trigger
- Item Stock manipulation in trigger
and much more that is too many to mention.

But I doubt this patch will add a new feature.

Level 21
Patch 1.27? What? I thought 1.26 was the end. Will this finally be the version in which the blademaster will be nerfed a little? If Blizzard plans to nerf Warden, probably by increasing that preposterous 1-second duration of blink level 3, I don't think they will do justice to the game.
I'd really wish Blizzard to implement the following:

- An event to detect damage instead of using a complicate DDS
- Conditions to detect attack and armor type
- Actions to alter damage, attack type and armor
- Easy-to-use knockback, 3D collision and jump systems

I'm probably asking too much :3 I'm pretty sure that none of these will be implemented.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I still think this is fishy.

Why would blizzard announce that in a random interview on a random chinese website instead of announcing official news on their own page?

Until a see a blue post, I'd say this is pretty much a baseless rumor meeting a lot of imagination coupled with language barriers.

And even if we get 1.27, the most we can hope for is true widescreen support and W10/Mac compatibility... which is great, don't get me wrong, but nothing to get truly excited about.

A Bnet 2.0 port? Unlikely; they'd have to recode the entire multiplayer client for this.

Level 21

Why would blizzard announce that in a random interview on a random chinese website instead of announcing official news on their own page?

Until a see a blue post, I'd say this is pretty much a baseless rumor meeting a lot of imagination coupled with language barriers.
I agree,this isn't really something to get excited about without official proof

Already working on it myself.
Although the current version isn't user friendly.
I believe that I can make it work with normal unit movement sometime in the near future (sometime this year).

With the way I'm developing it, a 3D knockback extension should be possible too.

___

I would like to request
  • Arrow key events with 0 second delay
  • Arrow key events with any possible keyboard key
  • Make it so objects are right clickable for movement like bridges, although on multi z heights and don't act as (optional) 2D walking plains

Those are my main ones that I can think of atm, but there is just so many things to add and fix.
Not gonna happen, but a man can dream.

They released NetEase and that Blizzard Gold tourney without really mentioning it on any non-Chinese pages. It is mostly being ran by Blizzard CN so I guess they didn't care to market it to anyone else (plus Chinese isn't a universal language, so it only makes sense to market it to China).

I'm guessing Blizzard gave a lot of control of the game over to Blizzard CN. So it is plausible, at least.

I also won't *really* believe it until I see a blue post, but a man can dream can't he? hehhehehheh.

Level 28
I'm not sure this is true to have a new patch for Warcraft 3 1.27?, I mean look at the age of the game she's almost dump in the passe couple of years, I believe only Modding sites of Warcraft such as THW that makes Warcraft 3 still alive. Anyway, whether this is true or not, It will be a such pleasure to have the 1.27 patch for warcraft, I wonder what Blizzard would do on it, Perhaps they might add some costum data or fix some previous ones. But this is still not '' official''... ?

Russia seems to have a thriving modding community for Wc3 though (or is that just an impression?) so perhaps wc3 is more alive than it appears.

Patch 1.27? What? I thought 1.26 was the end. Will this finally be the version in which the blademaster will be nerfed a little? If Blizzard plans to nerf Warden, probably by increasing that preposterous 1-second duration of blink level 3, I don't think they will do justice to the game.
I'd really wish Blizzard to implement the following:

- An event to detect damage instead of using a complicate DDS
- Conditions to detect attack and armor type
- Actions to alter damage, attack type and armor

I'm probably asking too much :3 I'm pretty sure that none of these will be implemented.

A way to manipulate missiles would also be amazing. I know it's a pipe dream, but crazy things happen all the time, right? :p

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Wait so people for some reason did not think a new patch was in a making? Was it not obvious by the job placements listed on their official site last year? You know the ones which were looking for people to maintain retro games?

The patch will most likely fix problems such as no modern Mac support and broken Direct3D mode on Windows 10. I doubt many new features will be added as there is no reason to add new features.

Level 7
Wait so people for some reason did not think a new patch was in a making? Was it not obvious by the job placements listed on their official site last year? You know the ones which were looking for people to maintain retro games?

The patch will most likely fix problems such as no modern Mac support and broken Direct3D mode on Windows 10. I doubt many new features will be added as there is no reason to add new features.

I think they should try to update their cinematics and codecs so that we can watch the cinematics in-game on Windows 10 without any washout or black screen issues. I mean, really, those things are broken right now.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
The good thing is: there are some things that can be changed without actually having to recode anything: like the 8mb map size limit in multiplayer, which is pretty much only a constant they have to change.

Just set it to 100mb and be done with it. If people don't mind waiting 5 minutes to download a map, all power to them!

Level 1
Guys. We are actually in contact with Blizzard about the patch now. I think we should send them a link to this thread and let them decide what should be improved.

I think the priority should be put on COMPATIBILITY issues like:
- Support for modern MAC
- Windows 7/8/10 Direct3D mode
- Support for a TRUE widescreen resolution (16:9 ratio) and NOT a stretched one
- Updating cinematic codecs for Windows 10
- Also if I recall, people have problems with Nvidia Optimus on laptops in Direct3D mode where if you Alt+Tab out of the game and get back in, the game switches from Nvidia Optimus to Integrated graphic card which usually kills FPS etc. Of course you can switch to OpenGL via shortcut or registry in order to avoid this but still I think it would be better to fix this.
- Fix the mouse lag issue where if you have VSync turned On for Warcraft 3 in Nvidia Control Panel (although perhaps it could differ from card to card I'm not sure) the in-game mouse cursor starts lagging, responding slowly etc.

Last edited:
Level 19
Guys. We are actually in contact with Blizzard about the patch now. I think we should send them a link to this thread and let them decide what should be improved.

i feel bad for that. who knows, maybe all they want is about "fix broken exe on win10"? we need tons of new natives, thats what can give this game second chance, kind of. anything visual-related like hi-res barely matters in long run, if nobody ever will create maps for this due to lack of natives.

people tends to play games with really various gameplay. in the current state WC3 can't overpass itself and something have to be done.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Windows 7/8/10 Direct3D mode
It only started to give problems in Windows 10 as far as I know. It worked fine in 7.

Woah, seriously??... How did you guys swing that?
By being the largest surviving Warcraft III support site? Its just like how SC2 mapster is often in contact with Blizzard's SC2 team.

In built Anti Aliasing and Antistrophic filtering support would be nice. One currently has to force them on in the GPU driver.
Fixing the local declared "local handle variable reference counter leak on return" bug would be nice.
Adding all natives to GUI would help newbies.
Maybe give some kind of low quality real-time shadows render which in turn disables the shadow map and blob shadows.
Wide screen support, but only fixed popular ratios (no 48*9 or other stupid resolutions).

Level 1
It only started to give problems in Windows 10 as far as I know. It worked fine in 7.

I remember some people had problems with very low to none FPS on Direct3D and found no fixes. But then again maybe it had something to do with their system, drivers etc.

In built Anti Aliasing and Antistrophic filtering support would be nice. One currently has to force them on in the GPU driver.
Fixing the local declared "local handle variable reference counter leak on return" bug would be nice.
Adding all natives to GUI would help newbies.
Maybe give some kind of low quality real-time shadows render which in turn disables the shadow map and blob shadows.
Wide screen support, but only fixed popular ratios (no 48*9 or other stupid resolutions).

Agreed.

I still hope for proper widescreen, even if it's Vert-, but is highly unlikely.

Same here. I think that should be one of the main features in an update that would "modernize" the game a little bit so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.