1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Patch 1.31

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, Mar 25, 2019.

1. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    On point!

2. sonphamthe11H

sonphamthe11H

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe :rofl:

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Look at StarCraft II. Trying to monetize like this in the rest of the world is not as easy as it is in China. It is pretty much impossible due to liabilities and consumer rights.
    It has UI implications that would still apply to melee.

4. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Okay, that's reassuring. But I'm still wary. After all, Starcraft II was being made as a proper game, a big release in its own right, and quick profit came as an afterthought.
    Reforged is being made purely for quick profit.

I see a couple solutions how it could be avoided.
    Ideally, there would be different UI layouts, like Starcraft II has, and then there could be separate layouts for 12-unit and multiple-unit selections.
    Alternatively, icons of 12+ selected units could overlap, like they do in Age of Empires II. Or icon size could be reduced. Since both of those would only apply dynamically if selection size exceeds 12 units, they would have no impact on melee games.

5. LiSen冯

LiSen冯

Resources:
    Resources:
    can you created the LegionTD or Dota ? no can say your mom?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  6. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    I totally agree. Even for melee, I'm not quite sure it would be such a disaster if the 12-unit cap was removed. Pros would just have to change a wee bit their habits, and newbies would learn the game more easily.
    But at least as an option for custom maps, it would be fantastic.

I don't think so. From what I understand, 1.31 is the next patch we will get, and it will be released before Reforged is out. 1.31 WE will include the same features as Reforged WE though.

7. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    1.31 will lay quite some foundations for Reforged tho.

8. DjKniteX

DjKniteX

Resources:
    Resources:
    We need more players (beginner level like me) on ladder! But hot nuts; I hope that means I can stream from Netease soon.

I can't wait to see what's next with 1.31

9. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    i still think this is a troll until we get official conformation.

10. LiSen冯

LiSen冯

Resources:
    Resources:

This requires the authorities to make a new game(map) to attract new players,not 1v1battle

11. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If this is legit news, that is absolutely amazing to hear. It will open up massive doors for modders to work in wc3 and i'm absolutely pumped for it!

Just a reminder though, we can prepare ourself that when 1.31 hits, a massive amount of bugs could be introduced. We know what happened when the desynch detection got improved.

12. LiSen冯

LiSen冯

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes, the news from official.

13. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I found the article talking about netease making big bucks of microtransactions or whatever, in chinese.

But rather than the monetization stuff or anything like that, what really caught my eye was this: 不喜欢物品栏的摆放方式?你可以修改,改成你喜欢的模样。

Now I can't read Chinese, but to me that's saying that we'll be able to change the UI for the inventory and/or possibly change the number of items etc.

Maybe we'll even be able to make completely custom inventories, like in TKoK, since it's talking about RPG maps.

And of course, if there's the functionality for those kinds of UI changes, then there's probably going to be lots more of UI customization that will be possible.

But obviously, I've got no idea whether they've got some credible source for this or it's just someone saying some random BS. (And I don't really know Chinese to begin with either...)

p.s. I came upon the article by google searching the image from:

14. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue...

15. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You guys know that if you just copy paste "Inventory (Hero)" and name it "Inventory (2)" and then give a hero both the normal one, and the (2) version, then the hero will be able to pick up 12 items, right?
    That has been that way for over a decade.

Here is a GIF of it. This was done without any triggers or abilities other than the second inventory ability.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    And how does one see and interact with items in second inventory?

17. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  18. nuck001

nuck001

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's not something new.Netease and some third-party platforms in China have already achieved such function last year,which only support old Wc3 versions before 1.27a though.Check this link if you are interest in,pay attention to the video.I'll upload some screenshots of a WoW-like prototype to you in case the video can't be opened by overseas guys.

UI_01.jpg
    UI_02.jpg
    UI_03.jpg

Pete Stilwell comes to China in March every year and holds so called "Conference of mapmakers" since 2016.However,the quality of our new maps and capabilities of our mapmakers have been declining since Netease and Blizzard allowed moneytizing and microtransaction.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  19. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately, I don't really know exactly, other than killing the unit and having them set to drop on death.
    There might be a way with triggers.

But I find it nifty that it works at all.

20. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    I actually wasn't aware of this, but since there's no UI for it, it doesn't seem particularly useful either way.

One thing that struck me though is this makes it more convenient for item combinations, since in a lot of maps if you've got a full inventory you can't pick up items, thus an item that should've combined with another into a new item doesn't since the component can't be picked up.

Workarounds for it includes replacing all sold items with dummy units, so obviously this wasn't common knowledge, but it could be quite handy. Now I might not have to make a dummy unit for every item anymore, so while I don't see the use in terms of having a hero with more than 6 items, I'll find this useful in other ways.
    That's awesome

p.s. the link works for me at least