• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ours is very long as well... but SO worth it

[EDIT] Speaking of which... Kixer you have not seen these yet but here is some of the terrain and the main character (Single-Player Map)

Attachments

• Base Screenie.jpg
    Base Screenie.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 187
  • Combat Screenie.jpg
    Combat Screenie.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Level 3
Did you change your idea to my idea? o_O

Actually we had doubts about the time limit. It would be quite hard to balance four custom races AND to optimzie the new gameplay-variation within the deadline. So we decided to pull of our fun map concept which is indeed somehow like the idea you had. Thanks a lot for your support, although BEER BEER will be a little different to play. We hope that you're going to enjoy it anyway! ;D

(If you want to, you can take part in testing the beta version, I'll pm you as soon as it's finished.)

PS: I like you too Revellion :thumbs_up:

Level 12
ok salamander, golden tiger and i are looking for partners, right now i'm actually trying to see if i can drag one of my friends into this. if not i'll pm one of you two. or you both can join with each other. Either way it'll all be good. btw bob maybe you should also have a list of people who are in need of partners that way its easier for us to find someone who is looking too. ;-)
why does everyone keep forgetting me?!

Level 5
Female Models

Jacek and I wanted to scare you all and show some screenies of our new model. there are no custom textures. We just finished most of the techtrees, heroes, and abilities, We started terraining.

-tessar

Attachments

• siren.jpg
    siren.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 151
  • trident.jpg
    trident.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 150
  • turtlie.jpg
    turtlie.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 169
  • witch.jpg
    witch.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 155
Level 10
My partner has not been responding to any of my P.Ms now... oh well, I am doing the terrain which was my responsiblity anyways and I guess he will be pleasantly surprised.

Sorry about that, was out all day yesterday doing chores and fishing. I should be on the computer until 2pm today.

Level 12
Alright here are some WIP shots of our maps terrain... I still have a ton to go so there are a ton more shots coming eventually but for now... here. if they are in order... we have shots one and two as the marines base camp (the siege tanks are just placeholders), the third being an oasis that is part of a quest, the third is a terrorist POW camp, minus the terrorists and the POW's lol, and the fourth is just where you start the game. In game, it will have a helicopter all trashed and destroyed and of course, the marines. Also, would someone tell me how to make my oasis more.. oasis'ish?

EDIT: I just realized that I didnt get a good shot of my POW camp... so look at it but don't judge. Since you cant tell in that pick I will explain it. You are looking down into where the POW's are kept. You can see their water bowls in the bottom right, and in the mid left there are some graves they made out of boxes in the top.
BaseCamp1.jpgBaseCamp2.jpgOasis.jpgPOWCamp.jpgStartingPoint.jpg

Level 19
Great, now we have completed tech-trees for all the races, but me and Cavman are at a debate of whether the Stranded should be creeps or a playable race, what do you guy's think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW: Chaos Overlord good terrain, Whitehorn I'm interested as to what your project is.

Last edited:
Level 24
No, if I made a map seperately that could be integrated into my campaign, as map 4. At the moment there are only 3 maps.

Well you could make a map for the campaign, but it would have to be playable without the campaign, and well I don't think your gonna get a whole heap of points for submitting a map in the middle of a campaign.

I'm a quick ass worker when it comes to maps,would I get a higher score if I reworked the whole thing into a single player campaign?

I can probably get it finished within...one week max?

You can if you really want to, as long as you haven't started it before the contest. I but really don't see how you could make a good campaign in a week, I don't think anyone could even make a decent map in that time.

Level 4
Add Pls! ^.^

ok then, me and my partner (steve) are going to be making a CTF Style map to input here....no name yet for the map, we'll keep u posted

BTW Steve can't post right now, he just joined, and well, is having issues with the posting, so...i'll keep u posted, XD

Edit: We're going to use World Editor Unlimited (link : http://www.wc3campaigns.net/tools/weu/ )
Is that ok?

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Hi, this is TheSpoon and I'm Billy's partner, just wanted to say hello :bored:

. . .

Oh! Got some screen shots for you all.

If Rep is still going for them, please make sure you give rep to both of us, because we're both working on the screenshots.

If you're wondering what the screenshots are, they are little pictures of the six areas, Light, Dark, Fire, Water, Nature and Earth. The game is based on these 6 and the game is about aquiring elements to get the edge over your enemy. The models are from this website so I'll give thanks to Chriz., Werewulf, General Frank and Callahan. These are very good modelers and if you're looking for some good customs I suggest you search them.

Attachments

• Dark Element.bmp
    946.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Earth Element.bmp
    978.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Fire Element.bmp
    974.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Light Element.bmp
    905.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Water Element.bmp
    908.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Nature Element.bmp
    962.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Level 7
Question! Again : )

Can I just give like a little preview of the map? By this I mean not screenshots.

I mean , I make another map with my map's details like ... a little cinema on game play!

Is .. that ok? :confused:

BTW heres the percentage of the map finished:
-Units:30%
-Abilities:70%
-Terrain-14%
-Triggers:75%
-Imports:100%
-Bonus:1%
Overall Percentage:48.3%.

Status
Not open for further replies.