• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im still looking for a partner, if anyone interested to make a "dark and evil" based map with demons, vampires and chirstian slayer beasts just pm me :D

I dont have any maps made by myself, but im pretty good with the editor...

Level 5
Tee hee, you said pms.
...sorry.

Anyways, if you wouldn't mind me disappearing for 3 weeks starting July 27, then I think I fit your criterion fairly well...
--donut3.5--

Sounds good, I'm actually leaving for a similar amount of time in early August. I'll PM you with some ideas, in the mean time: could you sign us up Bob?

Level 5
well since we need our own custom spells anyone suggest a person or place toteach me jass. been wanting too but never got around to it this sounds like perfect time cause im also learning to make models n icons for this too.

Level 7
Question?

I was wondering ... Is it possible I can be part of the Contestant's list if my friend didn't want the reward and if he has just a Battle.net account? (He doesn't want to waste time on Hive's accounts because he didn't really care about the Forums though , he just thought of doing maps for other's enjoyment was reward enough. ( I do care about your forums at least :grin: ) ) his username on Battle.net is GivenMight :spell_breaker: .Also the map name of the map we will work on this contest is called "One Spooky Night at the Mansion". Side Note:If you think am lying am not you can check him yourself ... also If I lied I would really hit myself with a tennis racket really hard on the head saying in my mind "WTH , I told you I didn't lie!!!! Why doesn't anyone believe me!!" :bored: ....

Level 7
Yay. I have a partner.

May you please add JarrardKO and Lingonberryjam as a map making team to your team list. Map name is still in discussion as of now, but we'll definitely come up with something asap.

Level 9
Ok,
myself and Ratherion are entering...
No idea of a name yet but its probably going to be a single player map of some kind...

Level 2
T_T I'm just checking this out. =\

By far, the most interesting is "Ender's Game: Battle Arena". If you have read Ender's Game, you would know that theres no gravity and theres no way to stop unless you turn around a wall, grab a teammate, or flip over.

What makes it interesting:
1. The gravity.
2. The lasers.
3. How is the game going to be played on WC3....

The most creative and playable is "Beer Beer". Considering how you just get a hero, bash up some people like any good old hero arena. And then of course, you get crushed by a giant beer.

What makes it fun:
1. Bashing
2. Non-stop killing
3. Violence T_T

-wishes he could be a judge-

Anyways, Size Matters looks like you might be crushing people to get bigger..

Oh, and I'm just commenting. Is that ok?

Beer Beer, Enders Game: Battle Arena and One Spooky Night at the Mansion will be fun. (Just look at the titles.)

Level 4
hey peoples! I am interested in joining this competition i partner though. My highlights are terrain, units and abilities. I'm fair at triggers, but for complicated triggers i will need help. If ur interested send me a msg plz!

Level 7
T_T I'm just checking this out. =\

By far, the most interesting is "Ender's Game: Battle Arena". If you have read Ender's Game, you would know that theres no gravity and theres no way to stop unless you turn around a wall, grab a teammate, or flip over.

What makes it interesting:
1. The gravity.
2. The lasers.
3. How is the game going to be played on WC3....

The most creative and playable is "Beer Beer". Considering how you just get a hero, bash up some people like any good old hero arena. And then of course, you get crushed by a giant beer.

What makes it fun:
1. Bashing
2. Non-stop killing
3. Violence T_T

-wishes he could be a judge-

Anyways, Size Matters looks like you might be crushing people to get bigger..

Oh, and I'm just commenting. Is that ok?

Beer Beer, Enders Game: Battle Arena and One Spooky Night at the Mansion will be fun. (Just look at the titles.)
I will say that Beer Beer will be alittle fun from my point of view .. , Enders Game:Battle Arena will be cool, and my map along with my friend GivenMight is gonna be a really long-spooky night map DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT LIKE SPOILERS ****Spoiler**** - The map size is Huge (lol) , has some really tough traps and stuff and you get stuck in the Mansion because the door gets locked ... but if Morning comes ....... YOU DIE ..Of course you must explore the mansion and grab the Entrance Key and get out of there!!..... :eekani:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You say:

5. Custom Spells, Models and imports can be used, but you must acknowledge that they are not made by you, and they will not count towards to your score.

What if the map makers make their own models, would that then count towards their score?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Exactly. If I were to join, I'd probably find a good mapper to handle the triggering and such, and I'd work on the art and the polish. In that sense we are both contributing, so that should add to the score.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well then, not really my cup of tea.

Level 16
Models and such are rated on usefullness and how well they fit the map. The simple fact that you made your own models wont give any extra points, all custom models/skins etc. will be rated on how well they contribute in the maps overall appearance and gameplay value. This will atleast be the case with my judging (unless it will be made into a rule that doing your own models gives extra points :p).

Level 3
I will say that Beer Beer will be alittle fun from my point of view ..
Actually we have to disappoint you a little. While the name and the scenario is quite funny, the gameplay of "BEER BEER" is meant to be more or less serious. And it's moreover not an arena-style but a custom race map with resources, buildings, units.. and so on.

Nevertheless the following is 100% correct! :thumbs_up:
The most creative and playable is "Beer Beer".

What makes it fun:
1. Bashing
2. Non-stop killing
3. Violence T_T
(+ you get crushed by a giant beer!)

Models and such are rated on usefullness and how well they fit the map. The simple fact that you made your own models wont give any extra points, all custom models/skins etc. will be rated on how well they contribute in the maps overall appearance and gameplay value. This will atleast be the case with my judging (unless it will be made into a rule that doing your own models gives extra points :p).

You're right it should be include in gameplay,quality.And the simple fact of adding you own model shouldn't be rated because there is no difference of a lame map and a lame map with custom model.

Level 10
Seriously, who wants to be with me?.

Start messanging around, I think there are a few people out there who need partners.

Also, don't make a plan until you get a partner. Like me and chaos are putting ideas down, then we are slowly putting them together until we got a full idea on how we are going to create our map.

Status
Not open for further replies.