• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Official WarCraft IV Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Warcraft 3 - Reign Of Chaos is lacking (or well, at least RoC's editor). TfT just filled the holes (i.e. abilities tab in object editor).

I still think that TFT is missing one key ingredient, a good save and load system.

Level 24
If blizzard make wow and follow the story line campaign will be epic and make more races playable then it will be so nice.

As much as I like the story of WoW I do not think we need a Warcraft IV campaign that retells the story, I would rather see them make an individual story for Warcraft IV if they would make one.

I reckon that Warcraft 4 should start with a quick, albeit hazy recap of all that happened in WoW then the Lich King waking up from a "horrible" dream (WoW) and there we go Warcraft 4 starting off from where 3 left off with all the bad bits being cast away into the alternate universe paradigm.

I swear that if Blizzard make WoW canon I'll call for a King Jeoffrey manhunt.

Level 25
I think, the story is a continuation of that WoW's story. WoW didn't ruined the story, It is just like after the first and second war, novels are released and some of it's parts are not featured in Warcraft I or II. The night elves, Grom is cutting trees then...Aliens! Where do those Night Elves came from, Trees? We don't know as we first saw them right? WoW is isn't a mistake. Blizzard earned many cash from WoW and probably they can use it for Warcraft IV. Imagine Draenei, Blood Elves and Pandaren will be playable in Warcraft IV. And that is my thoughts about Warcraft IV.

Actually WoW did ruin the story by inserting an online roleplaying base you basically kill off all possibility for new characters to be developed through situations or events and merely old characters reacting to them with a sub standard resolution.

An MMORPG cannot sustain or produce a good franchise the evidence is there. If there was to be a Warcraft 4 it would have an infinite ability to produce new; exciting people to replace Jonnyz_540 and 32KidBoy23 who defeated Zul'jin in the level 80 raid.

I hope you realise the point I'm trying to make because it is really important to such a vast world like Warcrafts which is in desperate need of a 'linear' title to replace the demon-spawned MMO.

Level 22
Remember the wc3 beta? I hope they do that to wc4, the beta promised a new game genre and not a real time strategy type of game play. I think the current technology could handle something like that.

Meh, the Warcraft 3 beta seemed a little too... difficult. As an online game it's potential seemed limited and it would've had to have been very singleplayer heavy.

I don't know though the original idea for the game is very hit or miss and very confusing as to how the entire unit, building, gameplay structure would've panned out overall, admittedly it would be a truly great game and system for Blizzard to pull off well and I could see it hitting the top markets if it were ever achieved due to it's sheer uniqueness.

Level 22
Still, that would be exciting to play, a new system to adapt to. But the marketability will still be important, so yeah, I think it won't happen.

Level 1
Stay guys. We all know: they will not take wc VI. Blizzard make online game with codeamed Titan. It will be StarCraft-online.

Level 6
through this that tons of warcraft 3 characters are dead (Illidan, Arthas, Cairne Bloodhoff, Kael'thas, Kel'thuzad, Anub'arak etc) making warcraft 4 based on this that what's happening in WoW is too much difficult. Thus if there's gonna be a warcraft 4 then they must forget all things about WoW and start from where they were, although that I doubt Blizzard abandon such stupid money making business and go back to RTS warcraft...
anyways I (and I know you too) will be very happy if Blizzard make warcraft IV.

You guys are all talking about story, since it's just a part of the game but the most important part is the gameplay and ofcourse the World Editor =]
Blizzard mostly cares about the gameplay and the balance between the races, because it's very important for them to make another E-sport game for competitive scenes and tournaments. Another important thing for them is bugs, Blizzard just don't want to have bugs in it's games, because of that, they've shown the people the first trailers of StarCraft II demo and gameplay in 2006 (I'm not really sure) and they released it in 2010. They made many trailers about Diablo III (both gameplay and cinematic) in 2008-2012 and they released it in 2012.

Level 2
I would have to agree, Blizzard made a massive stuff up when they made WoW, and while many people are mistaken in saying their is no storyline to the game, it did take Blizzard a stupid amount of time to make a story. Personally I found most of the expansions had more of a story to them then the main game did. I also think there isnt much hope for a Warcraft IV, unless Blizzard creates a whole new race or makes something happen to one of the old races, maybe even have a less powerful version of the burning legion return, all are possible, but very unlikely. Also think about how long its been since the release of TFT, generally if another game is going to be made to continue a series, it is announced a year or two after the last game, but in saying that, it wouldnt be the first time a game series made a return after it is thought to be dead.

Also think about how long its been since the release of TFT, generally if another game is going to be made to continue a series, it is announced a year or two after the last game, but in saying that, it wouldnt be the first time a game series made a return after it is thought to be dead.

not really, since WoW is the continuation of wc3...

Level 15
I have been playing Warcraft for more than 8 years now! I got WC2 in 2005 and wC3 in 2008. I like both very much, but I prefer the cinematics in WC2. Well, it would be a splendid event to play Warcraft 4 - it would be realistic very much and I hope we can play it in 3D too.

The Warcraft 4 should be continued form the WC3 TFT's events, but differenc from Wow. i have never played Wow, and I do not think I will - I prefer strategy games.

But Blizzard is not making Warcraft 4 - so I mean some mapmakers together should make a huge map called Warcraft 4 and imagine all the events that can happen in the Warcraft 4. What do you think if this idea?

Of course they won't make warcraft 6 were still only on 3 hoping for a fourth. Sadly Titan will not be starcraft online it will probably be a whole new setting and franchise.

Warcraft 4 can happen as I've explained.
Saddly it's true!
You know that Wow continues to be Blizzard's main provider of money! Soo don't expect a fourth sequel to warcraft to soon:((
--------------
I'm curious though about what storyline would they make up after the events of TFT; taking into account the discarding of the WoW lore?

I have been playing Warcraft for more than 8 years now! I got WC2 in 2005 and wC3 in 2008. I like both very much, but I prefer the cinematics in WC2. Well, it would be a splendid event to play Warcraft 4 - it would be realistic very much and I hope we can play it in 3D too.

:O I always preferred Wc3 cinematics.

Mgeterno11 said:
The Warcraft 4 should be continued form the WC3 TFT's events, but differenc from Wow. i have never played Wow, and I do not think I will - I prefer strategy games.

But Blizzard is not making Warcraft 4 - so I mean some mapmakers together should make a huge map called Warcraft 4 and imagine all the events that can happen in the Warcraft 4. What do you think if this idea?

I agree about continuing after TFT, but I don't think Blizzard is bold enough to ditch all the lore created in WoW, especially since they are happy with it.

There were some projects like that. One big one:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-iv-the-edge-of-eternity

Sadly, it died out. It was too massive of an endeavor, IMO. But just a continuation of the story line would be fine. :)

well warlords of draenor is oficially the last expansion for WoW so MAYBE this can mean something

Wait, what!? Yeah, seriously, please prove that it's officially the latest expansion! Never heard that anywhere before o_O

It's not. Everyone rumored that leveling to 100 would mark the end of WoW. Blizzard still plans on expanding, though.

Level 6
aw godamnit i tought for sure it would be the last one alot of people talked about it so i tought it was for real srry for the wrong information :/

Level 24
and Blizzard calls it the next expansion, so I guess that drops the last expansion idea

Why would it be their last expansion when they make a bunch load of money of this game? Also why isn't this debated over at the WoW section of this forum?

Level 6
Why would it be their last expansion when they make a bunch load of money of this game? Also why isn't this debated over at the WoW section of this forum?

the amount of players on wow was dropping down some time ago but i dont know if its still dropping :eekani:

Level 9
Probably WoW is really a commercial sucsess. But now, the rate of players are downfalling. They might see War3 again and decide to make war4.

Level 24
Probably WoW is really a commercial sucsess. But now, the rate of players are downfalling. They might see War3 again and decide to make war4.

The problem with WarCraft IV is that Blizzard don't know how long it might take to develop. And since they're constantly updating WoW, WarCraft IV might be in development for so long that when it finally comes out the lore might not be relevant any more.

Level 9
You know what? There will NEVER have a Warcraft IV. Why? Just go to their mainpage.
4 games (or expanasions): Heroes of the Storm, D3: Reaper of Souls, WoW: Warlords of Draneor and StarCraft 2. So, goodbye your hope for WarIV, cause there is not going to be a WarIV. Forever.
Case closed.

Level 9
I'm soo sorry about that. But now, this is what I'm going to do:
- Download all the wc3 mods and play them, telling to myself they are wc4.
- Hoping for wc4 will come. Maybe I will die before it released, but who cares.

Didn't they add "RTS elements" in the last WoW expansion? Maybe they're planning to make a single game with (MMO)RTS and MMORPG. Could be cool if done right.
WoW's engine is basically a vastly upgraded version of WC3's engine anyway, isn't it?

They could recreate the campaigns and allow you to play them in RTS and RPG at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.