• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I know Project Revolution. And you're still giving a point to my argument, they've been working on the mod for over 3 years, isn't that enough time?
Yes, but they still have models that are really quite bitching. Sure, by the time they finish starcraft 2 will probably already have come out, but PR is still a nice achievement nonetheless.

Level 26
Wait. A movie based on Wc3 or WoW? If it was based on Wc3, they would have a lot of material to work with...a good plot and all that. If it was based off WoW, then they wouldn't have much...
You're out of luck. They're making it a WoW film adaptation. However, they say it is based on a storyline completely independent of any currently made warcraft game, though I'm not sure about this part.. Also, the film budget is over $100 million. That's a lot. Let's hope it's good. It might be released 2008, but I'm not sure about that either.

Level 24
For $100m it had better be. Wonder what they'll do if they really are going to use an independent storyline.

Level 8
Excerpt from the Script

Scene One - Outdoors, Night, Barren Landscape

Main Character
We must fight the evil!

A short pause

Supporting Character
Yes! The evil! We must fight it!

A longer pause

Main Character
Yes! Now, let us go out and fight this evil evil which is evil!

And so on and so forth.

Level 3
For all you guys talking about the Warcraft movie:
IRVINE, Calif. -- May 9, 2006 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Legendary Pictures today announced that they have entered into an agreement to develop a live-action film based on Blizzard Entertainment®'s award-winning Warcraft® universe. Based on the terms of the agreement, Legendary Pictures has acquired the movie rights for the best-selling game universe, and both companies are now focused on translating the high-quality Warcraft entertainment experience to the big screen.

"We searched for a very long time to find the right studio for developing a movie based on one of our game universes," said Paul Sams, chief operating officer of Blizzard Entertainment. "Many companies approached us in the past, but it wasn't until we met with Legendary Pictures that we felt we'd found the perfect partner. They clearly share our high standards for creative development, and because they understand the vision that we've always strived for with our Warcraft games, we feel there isn't a better studio out there for bringing the Warcraft story to film."

"One of our goals at Legendary Pictures has been to bring heroic stories to life in groundbreaking ways, and it's inspiring to work with a company such as Blizzard that takes that approach with each of its products," stated Legendary Pictures chairman and CEO Thomas Tull. "The Warcraft universe is possessed of such a rich mythology and, as such, serves as an ideal platform as we go about translating that universe into what we intend to be a major event film."

Blizzard's Warcraft games have developed a loyal following since the series debuted in 1994. Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness™, released in 1995, won multiple Game of the Year awards and is still considered one of the best games ever made, and Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos™ broke multiple sales records when it launched in 2002. World of Warcraft®, Blizzard's latest entry in the critically acclaimed franchise, has quickly become one of the world's most popular online games, with more than 6 million paying customers worldwide.

"From our first Warcraft game to our latest novels, our intention has always been to develop a rich fantasy universe that could support stories and products in many forms," stated Chris Metzen, Blizzard Entertainment's vice president of creative development. "In addition to being a truly rewarding experience for us, the creation of this motion picture also feels like a natural next step for the Warcraft universe."

"It's not always the case that interactive game properties lend themselves to proper adaptation to film," said Jon Jashni, Legendary Pictures' chief creative officer. "We are intending to approach this as we would the adaptation of a best-selling novel: respect the essence of all that it is but also build upon that fertile base while translating it into a new medium."

Further details about the upcoming Warcraft movie, including director, cast, and targeted release date, will be revealed in the months ahead.

About Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® series, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Vivendi Games, is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry's most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard's track record includes ten #1-selling games and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company's online-gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active users.

About Legendary Pictures
Legendary Pictures formed a partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures in 2005 to co-produce and co-finance at least 25 pictures during an initial 5-year term, which includes a first-look distribution arrangement. The company operates from the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, California. Legendary Pictures' first film was Batman Begins, directed by Chris Nolan. Future releases include Superman Returns, directed by Bryan Singer, M. Night Shymalan's Lady in the Water, and Roland Emmerich's 10,000 B.C.

I think they're going to start the movie from the Warcraft one days(hu and orc).

Level 7
I think it's absolutely necessary that the undead arise from battles victorious. Arthas is one of the most important characters in the warcraft lore right now, due to the important fact that he hasn't been murdered yet by a bunch of random WoW players.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
That depends on the story, people. In Reign of Chaos, what you call "Good" did win, but in the Frozen Throne Expansion, Arthas ultimately triumphed.

And we wouldn't really want to see every race from WoW in-game. Seriously, I think Blizzard did a great job making every race balanced and unique, but they shouldn't storm in with new races just because of that. They should introduce one new race if they think that is ok, but, like you can see in Electronic Arts' Battle for Middle Earth Series, mass factions/races is balance-killing.

Level 35
The important things I would want to be in a possible warcraft4 is a better gameplay experience.

I would really like to be able to make fortresses with walls and towers and turnable buildings (not facing the same direction) and a customizable hero.

But of course my fanboyism also wishes for the High Elves to be a faction.

The "High Elves" specifically need to rise again, the other games just left them in a cliff hanger, and the Blood elves just are not High Elves anymore.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I don't play WH40K so w/e, but my point is, I doubt Blizzard will introduce new races. For example, Sc's and Sc2's races are still the same.

But perhaps Warcraft IV will have The Forsaken instead of the Undead Scourge.

As for the High Elves, they are too few. The Scourge eradicated 90% of the High Elf population, 7% of them turned Blood Elves, that leaves you with 3% of the once glorious high elf warriors of Quel'Thalas. Which isn't much, as you can guess.
A faction that would fit nice would be Blood Elves + Naga. Naga was a nearly complete race.

Level 35
I understand that of course. Although if 7% is enough to make a WoW race for thousands of players, then 3% is enough to make a faction race if allied with another race especially to bolster their forces

Since the percentage amount of High elves that survived the scourge is still in question and is only an estimate, the High Elves number is not quite official.

High elves are also stirring in the secret places of Azeroth like Dalaran and the sunwell restoration is being planned by the dying race.

Not to mention the High elves while being scattered minorities in Theramore and Stormwind are few but if united they are still many.

You could also compare the High elves numbers to the Dark spear tribe, a single tribe of trolls on an island capable of providing not only ranged assistance during the 3rd war but also witch docters and heroes, plus they became a race in WoW.

But of course I also know that they are most likley not numerous enough to be a race to consider. I just wanted to point out the possible things about their inclusion.

Level 1
WOW will die as does any MMORPG, it will take an era maybe, but as did Ultima and few others it will die. Oh, it has bebun already...

Talking about WC, I expect to see Sylvanas allied with the Nathrezims and rest of the burning legion vs Arthas. At the very end, every demon will be slain and they will be lovers :grin:

Or maybe Sylvanas will ally with Jaina and Thrall, if that's so Arthas is going to lose.

Level 36
I don't play WH40K so w/e, but my point is, I doubt Blizzard will introduce new races. For example, Sc's and Sc2's races are still the same.

But perhaps Warcraft IV will have The Forsaken instead of the Undead Scourge.

As for the High Elves, they are too few. The Scourge eradicated 90% of the High Elf population, 7% of them turned Blood Elves, that leaves you with 3% of the once glorious high elf warriors of Quel'Thalas. Which isn't much, as you can guess.
A faction that would fit nice would be Blood Elves + Naga. Naga was a nearly complete race.

Well you might want to check it out, since it's the reason that you have this website to post on. I don't mean anything personal, but it just grinds my gears to see all of these people out there blissfully unaware that the sole reason that they even have this site to post on is because Ralle created WH40K TD way back in the day.

Quiet Player: Ultima NEVER EVER EVER had 10 million people playing. It took long enough for it to fall, imagine how long it will take when you have 10 times the number of players, which grows by about 1.5 million every year? WoW right now is unstoppable, and unless something else comes along out of the blue that is good enough to shake things up, WoW wont be knocked from the top until well after this decade has ended.

Level 35
And thus the prophecy went...

"From the shadows a game will be born, on the wings of a strategy game a demon will fly from the depths, it will ensnare the youth of the earth, destroy once great stories of lore, and darkness shall intwine the souls of the innocent. Forever more shall they dwell there, in a virtual life that steals their real one. Addicted to the poison of WoW they will fall one by one as souless wraiths bound to the will of the one game, throwing their money and lives away.....Then out of the wastes of their depravity shalt an new game arise to challenge the beast. Like an angel from the High Heavens it will clash upon the bandwidth gates and with its graphicsCard blade and shield of Righteous Gameplay it will slay the once unstoppable WoW with great vengence."

-Prophecies of Elenai 7:8:Gameras-

Level 34
I just hope everyone who thinks WOW has destroyed WC has actually played it. I don't mean tried it or played a few times, I mean got to at least level 30 or so. Although if you have then you have all the right to bash it or whatever you are doing :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.