• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Did Blizzard announce any plans for a Warcraft 4 strategy game. I expect they will have to finish off World of Warcraft first though. It would be really cool if they were already working on it!

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Some of the guy in Blizzard said they'll have the same expansion method for wc4 as for sc2.

Level 9
Well, this is the one that i can enjoy. I have looked the possibilty of: if all every body stop playing wow, it wont get money anymore, and blizz will turn it into a free-to-play, as it will atract more people playing. This is the same happen to star wars the old republic. So, we can only hope.

Level 5
Well, this is the one that i can enjoy. I have looked the possibilty of: if all every body stop playing wow, it wont get money anymore, and blizz will turn it into a free-to-play, as it will atract more people playing. This is the same happen to star wars the old republic. So, we can only hope.
But, if then noone will still be playing, and their forums'll get spamed with "we want wc4" threads, they can do nothing but make wc4.

Level 12
YOU can contribute to warcraft 4! Don't play WoW and let Blizzard know! Since they only care about money, if everyone does this, we'll get Warcraft 4!

Lol do you think that'll actually work? Its pretty plain stupid. How the fvck are you gonna let Blizzard know? And even if they did, you're a just a few people who basically are just waiting for something that won't happen soon standing between them and millions of WoW players. Plus there's Starcraft 2 online too. Its just damn stupid to say that (no offense) and I think you're wasting all the fun and adventure of WoW. They'd probably make Warcraft 4 long from now based on some Starcraft 2 or HoS engine/WE. Sorry to turn you down. Im kinda a hypocrite as you can see.

WoW is the wc4 even though some people will hate on me for saying it. There wont be a wc4 unless they clarify WoW lore as fake and remake it for wc4.

I agree with you. It would be kinda hard to follow the Warcraft universe storyline based on WoW and convert it to an RTS game.

mmmm, hey Blizzard, please cut the crap about not having enough time for WC4 (da rts game) and start doing it! WoW is not wc4 Chaosy. It's something different imo.

I think what Chaosy is trying to point out that it basically IS WC4. It follows the same storyline and shit, though they've just converted it into an MMORPG to earn more "cheese" rather than go with classic RTS game we all love and hold dear to our hearts and earn less.

Guys to be honest, WoW is a really fun game. The storyline is awesome, even the people here who hate WoW have to admit that what they're doing is pretty impressive. Though WC3 and WoW may seem different in many ways, WoW can also be called the expansion of WC3 or more rather an "evolved" form of WC3(where Blizzard gets more cash). I bet they'd make a new Warcraft RTS game in a few years from now. Check out the "Heart of the Storms" game they're making. I'm gonna guess that they're gonna make WC4 based on that since it's gonna have all the cool WC Universe characters. Hehe can't we just live a world where the RPG and RTS gamers live in peace?

Last edited:
Level 12
Lol what now?

And yes, I think If at least 80% WoW players'll do that, that'll work.

It's basically idiotic tbh xD no one will give up playing WoW that easily. I bet there are more fans of RPGs than that of RTS games. And why think THAT? Its just a crazy idea. You expect 80% out 7.7 - 8 million subscribers to stop playing WoW? And even if they did stop, Blizzard WOULD make WoW a free-to-play game instead of a pay-to-play thing. It would attract MORE customers because a lot of people don't play WoW but want to simply because they don't wanna pay. Why stop there? Blizzards bringing in more glory to just by creating Hearthstone. A lot of people who love those kinds of games are BOUND to be drawn into playing WoW. Its pretty ridiculous if you ask me. and why not just propose an idea where Blizzard retains their WoW franchises and at the same time make WC4?

Level 4
They could easily fix the lore by jumping a few thousand years in the future. WoW lore only elaborated Wc3. Wc3 was an elaboration of Wc2, etc. Haven't you noticed that all the lore is drastically different to fit the technology of the time?

Level 12
They could easily fix the lore by jumping a few thousand years in the future. WoW lore only elaborated Wc3. Wc3 was an elaboration of Wc2, etc. Haven't you noticed that all the lore is drastically different to fit the technology of the time?

Now that's pure crazy. A few thousand years into the future? Its like your asking for a whole new game or basically another Starcraft. WoW's lore is an innovated form of Wc3's. Wc3's lore and WoW's lore are technically in one and the same storyline/world. You can't change one thing in the past and expect the same results in the future. WoW follows Wc3 lore. Btw WoW is just 30 - 35 years into the future of Wc1. And the technology isn't different. During the time of Wc2, they already had submarines and zeppelins. Its pretty damn stupid if you don't expect the gnomes, dwarves, and goblins to come up with something new like airships and mechanostriders.

Level 5
It's basically idiotic tbh xD no one will give up playing WoW that easily. I bet there are more fans of RPGs than that of RTS games. And why think THAT? Its just a crazy idea. You expect 80% out 7.7 - 8 million subscribers to stop playing WoW? And even if they did stop, Blizzard WOULD make WoW a free-to-play game instead of a pay-to-play thing. It would attract MORE customers because a lot of people don't play WoW but want to simply because they don't wanna pay. Why stop there? Blizzards bringing in more glory to just by creating Hearthstone. A lot of people who love those kinds of games are BOUND to be drawn into playing WoW. Its pretty ridiculous if you ask me. and why not just propose an idea where Blizzard retains their WoW franchises and at the same time make WC4?

That's not an option. WoW lore is ridiculous, it has to die if we're ever to see WC4 with the same amazing plot as WC3.

Level 12
For me, Wc4 is overhyped by you guys. Lets say Blizzard manages to make a real good Wc4.
I think I can speak for about 70% of the people here by saying that they will be let down or play it just like a normal game (playthrough with a short multiplayer phase).

You just wont have the same awesome first gamer experiences as with wc3.

Status
Not open for further replies.