• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Official WarCraft IV Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
The whole horde vs alliance is retarded anyways. Storywise the humans night elves and orcs live hapily on Kalimdor as BFFs and for some stupid reason they hate eachother again even tough the world is about to be devoured by the undead :croll:

The Kul Tiras disapeared because Admiral Proudmoore was killed by Thrall and Rexxar so it IS agood reason :vw_wtf:

No that is not a good reason an entire island nation does not disappear because its grand admiral leads an expedition to Kalimdor. I have no idea what your logic is but my point still stands.

Level 6
No that is not a good reason an entire island nation does not disappear because its grand admiral leads an expedition to Kalimdor. I have no idea what your logic is but my point still stands.

i mean like they got decimated and only the villagers were spared so they must be rebuilding the kul'tiras:ogre_icwydt:

i mean like they got decimated and only the villagers were spared so they must be rebuilding the kul'tiras:ogre_icwydt:

What are you talking about?:vw_wtf: You are talking about Theramore not Kul Tiras, Kul Tiras is an island kingdom not just a specific group of people. Theramore wasn't "decimated" as you put it considering it was a major hub in WoW. Kul Tiras was never attacked and all I'm saying is how it is completely absent in WoW considering it's importance

Level 6
What are you talking about?:vw_wtf: You are talking about Theramore not Kul Tiras, Kul Tiras is an island kingdom not just a specific group of people. Theramore wasn't "decimated" as you put it considering it was a major hub in WoW. Kul Tiras was never attacked and all I'm saying is how it is completely absent in WoW considering it's importance

Oh
i see it now sorry about that:thumbs_up:

Alright that's fine, I was a bit... confused about what you were saying.

One thing about War 4 I would like would be four races: Alliance, Night Elf, Horde, Undead/Forsaken, Blood Elf, Illidari/ Naga. I think one thing they could do would be to resolve the third war as WoW, being an mmo, can't really end it or properly and if they have ended it I don't think it was noticeable.

Level 6
Alright that's fine, I was a bit... confused about what you were saying.

One thing about War 4 I would like would be four races: Alliance, Night Elf, Horde, Undead/Forsaken, Blood Elf, Illidari/ Naga. I think one thing they could do would be to resolve the third war as WoW, being an mmo, can't really end it or properly and if they have ended it I don't think it was noticeable.

Nerubians should have a race too they have alot of potential for it:goblin_yeah:

Maybe, but if they were to appear in War 4 I think it would either be as a Naga-type race or Draenei type race - no full techtree but with a good few appearances in game. I agree though that they have a lot of potential and I think Blizzard is saving them for something as they missed Wrath Of The Lich King to give them their grand appearance.

Maybe Blizzard should create a liaison between them and a website like this to get an idea about what they should change/make. It would stop atrocities like WoW from ever breaking our Human Right to a proper game Warcraft game lol.

Level 6
got i was so pissed off when i found out that you could only play as the naga on the campaing. They create a new race for wc3, they give it a techtree but they dont make it playable on normal melee games

I just thought it was weird what they did with the Naga, they basically just introduced that race as an excuse for an enemy Night Elves fight them, Undead fight them. They served more as plot filler rather than a sensible story move. I guess the four races they already had just couldn't be moulded to fit the story like Kul Tiras was for the Rexxar campaign.

Maybe if they had made a campaign for them and turned them into that 5th race then I'd have no problem. I'm not flaming on Blizzard its just what I would've expected from them.

Level 6
If you ask me i think the rexxar campaign was just another custom campaign used to buy time and entertain players so they wont complain about the naga for the time being :ogre_icwydt:

But aside from all the schemes, shenanigans and stuff the naga were a cool addition to the game

I think they should've kept with the updating campaign theme as that would progress the story a lot better than WoW. What I mean is that for the not-going-to-happen patch 1.3 they could have added a human campaign for Stormwind then for 1.4 they release a Horde campaign or something and so on and so forth with each patch advancing the story.

Yeah I guess so but the really annoying thing is that the mighty Lich King is killed by who you ask, a band of adventurers.

The crazy but powerful demon hunter Illidan is killed by who you ask, a band of adventurers.

The uber powerful Lich Kelthuzad is killed by who you ask, a band of adventurers.

Deathwing, Nefarian the destroyer of the world and former aspect of Earth is killed by who you ask, a band of adventurers.

It gets repetitive and annoying that no more heroes or legends like Lothar can be made.

Level 23
you see what they did with pandaria?
they can make another island with a lore any time they want

btw Deathwing is not nefarian but he was known as Neltharion the earth destroyer

Nefarian was killed in the raid from 4.0 patch and Onyxia was killed in multiple raids I believe

Sorry my mistake but you know who I meant. The names are similar and I just wish all dragons were named bob or barney - so much simpler than Tirygosa or Kalecgos

People are complaining that the horde has all the heroes but that's only because they haven't been killed off unlike most of the alliance. Warcraft 4 would give us an opportunity to have more alliance heroes and kill off the horde ones.

Everyone practically.

Horde: garrosh, thrall, voljin, Rexxar, eitrigg, saurfang, Bain, lor'themar, sylvanas, jorin, rohkan... And the list goes on.
Alliance: Jaina, varian, anduin, velen, malfurion, tyrande, Genn. Full stop that's all.

And even then they haven't developed their characters as much as they could have.

Level 19
Yeah, after Garrosh' fall in the end of the Mist of Pandaria-expansion, Horde will face hard times, and the two factions will get more balanced I believe. But there are several more important active Alliance heroes you forgot to mention - the Bronzebeard brothers, Gelbin, Trollbane, Darius Crowley, Shandris, Broll Bearmantle, Nobundo, etc etc etc

I agree with amargaard that's what I sort of proposed as long as they hammered out the dents in the WoW story.

Blizzard shouldn't pull a starcraft II though as far as online goes that was a disaster. I'm just curious about what people think of my update campaign style for advancing the story.

Level 6
I agree with you :goblin_yeah: if we played the WoW storyline on an rts style it would be 10x times cooler. But ffs they should change some stuff, like arthtas gets killed by a bunch of random warriors, Illidan gets killed by random warriors, Kel'thuzad gets killed by random warriors, just wtf where is all the epic battes warcraft used to make? :ogre_rage:

Level 14
I agree with you :goblin_yeah: if we played the WoW storyline on an rts style it would be 10x times cooler. But ffs they should change some stuff, like arthtas gets killed by a bunch of random warriors, Illidan gets killed by random warriors, Kel'thuzad gets killed by random warriors, just wtf where is all the epic battes warcraft used to make? :ogre_rage:

According to WoW, where Arthas died, he wasn't killed by just any raiders. He was killed my Azeroth's strongest champions + Tyrion who had the Ashbringer.

Actually Arthas defeats the Champions, and than Tyrion goes over 9000 and breaks Frostmourne. Then Frostmourne starts to release all the souls that it has claimed, which proceed to attack Arthas. Then the champions get revived by Tyrion, who smack Arthas till he's crown falls off his head.

Level 5

Illidan killed by Maiev in the story

Level 17
Talking like story of Warcraft prior to WoW was something to be proud of.
Warcraft was an old strategy game with primitive yet functional story, the whole "lore" is a garbled bunch of homages, references and barely canon random stuff compiled by completely random authors years after the original games came out.

The franchise does not take itself seriously, neither should you.
Trying to make sense out of it is silly, I mean things in warcraft are there because they felt like it, not because they made sense. There are dinosaurs because dinosaurs are cool, there are pandaren and panda's on Azzinoth's Glaives because Art Director likes pandas, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire warcraft "lore" would be a compilation of in-house jokes.

That being said there are undeniable plot holes and blatant continuity errors in WoW, but it is not like the previous lore was any better in that regard.

Level 14
I agree.

Obviously Undead are in wc3 because they are cool. It's not about making sense in the realistic way, it's about sticking to character. It's about presenting cool stuff. Obviously a DH has Warglaives because those are cool, and you can add a cool animation to it. But what's not pretty (for me) is telling me, that Illidan who proved strong, maybe misguided, but strong still, is falling apart from a mere defeat.

That's not a strong character, that character is not worthy of my respect and sympathy. So when I engaged Illidan, it was more of a "let's get this over with, he is a retard anyway". When I engaged Kil'jaden... he was still the same in my eyes. It was like "fuck yeah it's KJ, this character is so cool". When I fought Illidan I expected Mana Burn, Immolation, Evasion & Metamorphosis. He had none of those except the Metamorphosis. He didn't feel as Illidan. Arthas, or Lich King, didn't feel either.

It's not about realism, it's about making things feel good. I loved Illidan in wc3. I felt like he always tried to do the good deed, he just never knew how to go about it into the right way, he tried to take shortcuts. I loved that. But Illidan in WoW isn't the same Illidan from Wc3, he isn't better or worse, he is completely different. And that completely different Illidan is an idiot, and I can't symphatize with an idiot character.

Level 5
It's not about realism, it's about making things feel good. I loved Illidan in wc3. I felt like he always tried to do the good deed, he just never knew how to go about it into the right way, he tried to take shortcuts. I loved that. But Illidan in WoW isn't the same Illidan from Wc3, he isn't better or worse, he is completely different. And that completely different Illidan is an idiot, and I can't symphatize with an idiot character.

Of course he is different from WC3. Do you know what is the different between being Imprisoned for 10,000 years and defeated by someone that you think you can beat easily(or maybe defeated by your mortal enemy) and then you are hunted by the Lord of Demons because of your failure?

Think about the stress. At least he had not have any life and death situation when being imprisoned for 10,000 years.

Level 6
Well i guess you are right on this point :ogre_icwydt:
Also he was denied alot of times on the wc3 story when he was trying to help Malfurion and the others

Of course he is different from WC3. Do you know what is the different between being Imprisoned for 10,000 years and defeated by someone that you think you can beat easily(or maybe defeated by your mortal enemy) and then you are hunted by the Lord of Demons because of your failure?

Think about the stress. At least he had not have any life and death situation when being imprisoned for 10,000 years.

Yes I do know the difference being imprisoned for 10000 years has a much worse effect than being beat by a person you deem weaker than yourself.

Think about the isolation and repetitive nature of your life compared to having the chance and resources to defeat your enemy if you meet again.

Not neccessarily. Blizzard right now have an upcoming MMO "Titan" to replace WoW. With the recent success that is the RTS Starcraft then it is only logical (to Blizzard) to create another RTS to keep the affluence flowing thus we get Warcraft 4. That means Blizzard are constantly working and constantly making; I predict that it will be announced say 2020? to be released 2024 (on Blizzard's calendar 2028). So I will still be alive when it comes out yeah for me.

Blizzard by my estimate has 3 teams; right now working on Diablo 3, WoW and Starcraft. The WoW team starts on Titan the Starcraft team will be working on the Protoss expansion which leaves the Diablo team who by the time Titan is revealed will have probably stopped work on updates/releases for the failure that was Diablo 3.

So to conclude the market wants Warcraft 4, the fans want Warcraft 4, the shareholders would be wise to go Warcraft 4 and we will have a team ready to start Warcraft 4.

Warcraft 4 anyone?

Level 11
Well Blizzard is loosing their subs and I think there will be no other expansions coming out... at least for now, so they might be thinking about a new project. I do not say they will start a new WC RTS but who knows, the mod 'WC A new Dawn' created some interest in bringing WC back to a RTS universe, so they may see some interest in creating their 'WC4' or, again a totally new game.

Still even if they make a new WC4 game, it can never be as WC3 so...

Level 18
Making a faction of Undeads in wow was their biggest mistake, why would you ask? because there's no way to kill all the undeads because players would qq about their chars being deleted.

I guess we will have to wait for wc4 to take away undercity!!

Pub

Pub

Level 2
As much as I'd love to see a Warcraft 4, Blizzard lately has just been making dumb decisions, and I'm not comfortable with them ruining what respect I have left for them by completely obliterating my love for Warcraft. The custom games scene turnout with StarCraft 2 is a disaster, and I'm sure Warcraft 4 would be the same.

Level 24
As much as I'd love to see a Warcraft 4, Blizzard lately has just been making dumb decisions, and I'm not comfortable with them ruining what respect I have left for them by completely obliterating my love for Warcraft. The custom games scene turnout with StarCraft 2 is a disaster, and I'm sure Warcraft 4 would be the same.

Yes the galaxy editor in StarCraft II was true rubish no doubt about that however it's possible that if they decide to make a WarCraft IV that they'll make the world editor more like the one in WarCraft III rather than the galaxy editor of StarCraft II. Blizzard does not only do stupid descisions for example the story and gameplay of HotS or the gameplay of Hearthstone proves that.

And I also think that as soon as they're done with StarCraft II and the WarCraft movie maybe they'll put some time into making WarCraft IV.

It has been 11 years since Warcraft 3 came out and i'm still waiting for Warcraft 4 to be announced. They made only 1 expansion (TFT) to warcraft 3 ROC and that's just too silly. Blizzard has been working on WOW since a while and i think it's time to work on Warcraft 4 (strategy game) but Starcraft 2 is having too much success.
Why do you want expansions ?

It's better to have the complete game released at once than having small delayed releases and having to pay for all those.

Level 24
Why do you want expansions ?

It's better to have the complete game released at once than having small delayed releases and having to pay for all those.

I would disagree, as we saw with WarCraft III it can be good to make expansions that way they can make bigger updates since they get payed for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.