• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Official WarCraft IV Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
fuck that wow bull shit, i want wc 4 to continue its story after it ended of frozen throne bcs thats the end i know for now, i never played wow and i dont know what happened there so im hoppin they will continue the story with wc 3

Level 15
I suppose that if they come around to making a WC4, they'll say "Gee whillikers, WoW didn't actually happen and we're sorry you should forget it all and stuff" and go make some more money.
This man has a point, WC4 would obviously use Thrall as one of the main charicters (totaly announced) but its probably going to be thrall that came back after WOW story ended.
Does anyone knows how WOW ended? xD.

Level 23
as long as blizzard can milk wow why would they end the story of it and create a w4?
I never played w1 and 2 so if they remade them to w4 I would be pretty happy.
Or if as suggested by Deolrin something from the past, also with great editor as always :D

Level 14
If Wc4 ever hits the shelf, I bet it will only destroy this franchise built on the first 3 games. Basically it would be the second coming of WOW (lore wise), or the SC2 for Wc1-3. For me, I think it would just ruin the entire lore.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
If Wc4 ever hits the shelf, I bet it will only destroy this franchise built on the first 3 games. Basically it would be the second coming of WOW (lore wise), or the SC2 for Wc1-3. For me, I think it would just ruin the entire lore.

Regardless the fact that the entire campaign and the story could be ruined, the graphics and performance would improve greatly. Not to mention ability to use World Editor. It's a known fact that most of people either play custom maps, or blizzard's melee maps, people usually just play campaign once or few times just for the scenery, but what keeps the game alive, is the custom maps, which could be a miracle in Warcraft IV.

Level 14
Regardless the fact that the entire campaign and the story could be ruined, the graphics and performance would improve greatly. Not to mention ability to use World Editor. It's a known fact that most of people either play custom maps, or blizzard's melee maps, people usually just play campaign once or few times just for the scenery, but what keeps the game alive, is the custom maps, which could be a miracle in Warcraft IV.

Yeah, well I guess you guys need more fantasy/medieval models.

Level 5
Well, warcraft has always been an awsome story and scenerio, i played like 6 times already and i want blizzard to continue warcraft 3 frozen throne story bcs i dont know what happened in wow, i just knwo arthas died but i dont know when and why,i think there gonna make warcraft 3 at a 10 year anniversary or when they get bored of dlcs on wow.

Level 6
Blizzard should either go waay back in time, could've been even more and stronger magic back then, humans isn't exactly magic friendly, and back in time i would imagine humans to be alot less evolved ;P
Also "Ancients" sounds like some massively strong magical beings which would probably make for some cool happenings...

If they don't wanna do that they could just go from where WC3 ended, but i guess it shouldn't follow WoW's storyline since that would be boring for those that know it :p

They can't make WC4 from where the last WoW expansion ended cause then they kill WoW, and they would never do that, not when they are making so much money :p

To be hones, i don't know jack shit about the storyline though, and i've been playing WC3 ever since it first came^^
I am, and allways has been, a custom games whore hehe, started with TD's and tower wars and evolved into so much more :D

Btw if we want to push/encourage Blizzard a little i think we can, which other place do you have so many creative ppl with such thorough knowledge about WC3 and more importantly the world editor?
What if someone would create a thread here where everyone could come up with suggestions on how to improve world editor, including, but not limited to, incorporating the other different softwares you are using for model creations etc.
And after a while make a good presentation with all the best suggestions/ideas for how it could be, hopefully with an illustration of how it could all look like aswell and send it to Blizzard development or wherever it could be sent to get some attention....
Ofcourse it would be important to mention the website so they could see how many ppl that are still very interested in this game, and maybe add some other websites aswell, just to increase our chances of success :)

Okay i guess u get my idea now, sry for the wall of text :p

Level 23
well, there are dozens of thousands players modding wc3 but there is 9 milions of ppl paying for WOW so I doubt they will put any money to improving things which maybe noone in blizzard knows anymore, especially when they wont have any more profit from it(you can just download it from anywhere, there are shit loads of copies of it to pirate :D)
We give nothing for trying but It I doubt it will make blizzard look again at wacraft 3
World Editor is not perfect and have tons of incomplete functions either in Jass or general but if you are smart enough you can create anything with it

This is of course only my opinion

Level 6
But to play online you need a CD-Key and to get a CD-key you need to spend money ;)

World Editor is not perfect and have tons of incomplete functions either in Jass or general but if you are smart enough you can create anything with it
Then we could come up with some suggestions on how to make it perfect and remove those incomplete functions ;)
Also we need to make it more user friendly, without limiting the possibilities ofcourse.
I will never start playing WoW, but i would most definitely buy WC4...i believe there are many ppl like me, and think about the next generation aswell.
WoW is becoming old news, right now it's D3 all the way, but that will mellow out after a while too i guess, also it's a completely different genre than WC4, both WoW and D3 is...i bet ppl would buy both WC4 and D3 and/or WoW, so in fact they would earn even more money cause ppl buy 2 or 3 games instead of just 1 ;)

Level 6
It can't be that many ppl who play LAN and don't have internet....if they wanna play with some friends on LAN they should just host a private game with a hostbot and play on BNet...yeah they need a CD-key each, but when they got the game installed they should have a CD-key aswell, unless they have done something illegal and i don't think Blizzard should customize the game so "criminals" can do what they want without paying for it :p

Level 6
Or WC4 could be massive and include all that^^ I don't really care about the campaigns though, my main concern is that the world editor gets improved and made more user friendly, and ofcourse some better graphics would be cool aswell, maybe a new race or two ;)
Actually the races aren't that important either cause you can just create ur own by using some of the awesome resources we got here on Hive :)
What would you guys like to see in WC4?(other than the campaigns)

Level 23
well, maybe it will not get improved, however I still highly doubt they will ever update WE again and I also doubt they will create Wc4 anytime soon.
What would you guys like to see in WC4?(other than the campaigns)
I would be happy if I saw wc4, doesnt matter if what races it has or how shitty campaign(not lore wise) there is as long as it is released

ALSO

Also we need to make it more user friendly, without limiting the possibilities ofcourse.
LOL? I think GUI is the most user friendly programming out there

WoW is becoming old news, right now it's D3 all the way, but that will mellow out after a while too i guess
After a while? D3 is already almost dead :D
Worlds fastest selling game, worlds fastest decayed game

It can't be that many ppl who play LAN and don't have internet....if they wanna play with some friends on LAN they should just host a private game with a hostbot and play on BNet...yeah they need a CD-key each, but when they got the game installed they should have a CD-key aswell, unless they have done something illegal and i don't think Blizzard should customize the game so "criminals" can do what they want without paying for it :p
10 people connected at Bnet on the same connection, you'll need a really good connection, or you'll have delay, even with bot.

Also, it's not illegal if two of them have the same cd-key on their respective comp.

Better graphics are something we can be sure that it will be included in a Wc3.

For your question jolly_jumper, i'd like to see less limitations in the WE in wc4 (for example, the tiles, the doodads, the map size, etc...), more included ressources (especially icons, since wc3 has only a few), more configurations on things such as units, spells, etc..., a better gui and a non-leaking engine.

Level 6
@edo494 aaww don't be so pessimistic :p If everyone says it wont come and that's that, then ofcourse it wont come, but if it's requested/demanded by the public, then maybe it will come ;)

@Vladadamm hmm i guess they would need some kind of system that would detect the difference between LAN in the same house and LAN over internet if u get what i mean...i'm sure u do :p

For your question jolly_jumper, i'd like to see less limitations in the WE in wc4 (for example, the tiles, the doodads, the map size, etc...), more included ressources (especially icons, since wc3 has only a few), more configurations on things such as units, spells, etc..., a better gui and a non-leaking engine.
Great start! That would be something of interest to Blizzard, but ofcourse more elaborated ;)

Level 25

LAN has a better speed and reliability, hands down. And you can play whenever you want, including when Blizzard decides to update Diablo 3.

The internet situation is different across the world - here in South Africa, for example, our internet is terrible, and very few have stable DSL+ connections.

Some things I'd like to see in WC4:
- Unlocked maximum players, ability to join game in progress. This way, with dedicated servers, WC4 would become a rich platform that can allow highly customisable MMO play. Also add netcode to transform the game from client-client-client to server-clients.
- Art and code tools for the editor. Converters to convert from all popular 3D and 2D art programs, and a simple model editor to allow you to change the default models, editing skins, bones, animations, add parts from other models, etc.
- Battle.net 1.0 :)

Level 6
Yeah i guess it would need a way to detect if the LAN is short range/distance or via a platform like Garena....i have no idea if this is possible or not though :p

Nice dude you got some awesome suggestions aswell....i think what we need is a seperate thread where everyone could post what they would like to see in WC4 and the new world editor which ofcourse should come aswell.
And after a while when we feel it's enough suggestions, someone should make a good presentation of it(i got a feeling Pharao_ would be great at this! Idk why, just a hunch :p) and ofcourse post the presentation to get feedback before sending it to blizzard's development department or w/e, and every other place we can think of where they might read/see it ;)

The Blizzard development team need some inspiration aswell, maybe when they read the suggestions they get really excited about making WC4, and it could speed up the process ;) Also wouldn't it be great to feel like you played a part in improving WC4 or WE? :)

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Yeah, but most likely it will sadly be continued forever in WoW only :l

I don't think loads of people would be sad cause of it, they would just say that the story is bad, just like in Mass Effect 3 ending (At least I heard it's "bad"). Many more people would come for custom games and that would still make them play it.

Level 6
Personally I think Warcraft IV will never come out. See for yourself: there are 2 more Starcraft II games to come, one having been developed for over 2 years now. So it is for sure that in the nearest 3 or 4 years Blizzard will be focused on Starcraft II, WoW and, maybe, on some Diablo III addons, but not on Warcraft as a strategy, since it is really difficult to develop 2 high-quality strategies at the same time. And, taking into account how long Warcraft III had been developed, it is safe to say that we will not see any Warcraft IV, at least, for a decade. Then people just will not be interested in it.
Especially, after Warcraft moved to online-RPG side... I would say it is as dead a game as Dune, Age of Empires and other, once top-list, projects.

I would suggest making something like Warcraft 3.5 without help of Blizzard. There are many high-class mapmakers out there, fans who know the lore by heart and so on. It would be great to make a new campaign starting right after TFT ending.

Level 8
I read that in the announcement of MoP in the E3, the Blizzard representatives didn't know the backstage microphones were on, and they accidentally mentioned "not to mention an oncoming warcaft four" or something along those lines. Anyway, these threads can be found with a simple google search.

The threads speculate that we'll hear about more about it in 2013. Seeing as Blizzard is currently occupied with SCII expansions and managing D3, it won't come out anytime soon, obviously. But IF there is a Warcraft IV announcing in 2013, we will probably be able to purchases it somewhere in 2020.
Of course, these are all just ideas and speculation. It's good to hope however.

For anyone wondering where the story of the Warcraft lore is gonna go... They can always make a new antagonist race.. -_- Use your creativity; but know the possibility of a Warcraft IV is there.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
An interesting thread that I feel like subscribing to :)
.. or is it dead?
It comes and goes. I merged and stuck this thread because, every once in a while, we have a Warcraft 4 related thread. Might as well keep it all together.

Yes, Blizzard employees have leaked rumors of Warcraft 4 in rare occasions. I think we'll have to wait and see, but you can bet they'll milk StarCraft II for as long as they can. Even though I love Wc3, I understand why StarCraft is more popular and critically acclaimed than Warcraft as a real-time strategy. Even so, WarCraft has some projection in eSports as well and, as such, it might not be a good idea to launch another RTS when eSports is filled with SC.

Level 14
I think Blizzard have hinted that they are bored of WarCraft universe. Thus WarCraft IV is not very likely. However I do expect them to make another fantasy RTS eventually.

You don't want to piss Miss Foxy off!

Say Warcraft will live forever! SAY IT DAMMIT!

Actually id really like a new medieval RTS. Medieval like in Stronghold 3, but only much better and less buggy! Medieval like no spells, or wizards, or elves, or top hats.

Level 24
wc4 will come out when blizzard finally learns to listen to the community... instead of focusing only on things in which they could gain lots of money...
So you're asking them to stop being a corporation?
I guess I would like that as well, but it's unrealistic. If you don't like Blizzard's business model then maybe you should look at buying games from another company, it's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.