1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Official WarCraft IV Discussion

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Dumblor, May 8, 2008.

1. Gundam_Siege

Gundam_Siege

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warcraft 4 possibilty?

I was searching the internet and found this on VGB:

Blizzard’s VP of game design, Rob Pardo, was asked about the possibility of the developer creating the next Warcraft 4 real-time strategy (RTS) game in the popular series. While the MMORPG World of Warcraft has over 10 million subscribers, the franchise started out in the RTS genre, so will it be returning to its RTS roots? In an interview from last year he answered:

“Yeah, of course there’s a chance,” he confirmed. “The way that we develop things, each time a development team becomes available, because they’re done with creating the games that they’ve been doing, they have a lot of say over what their next game is. So what it would take is for one of our teams to decide that they want to make Warcraft RTS and of course, there’ll be some talk about doing that and I’m sure after StarCraft 2 ships, it will be one the ideas on the table for that team to do, but that’s pretty far off in the future and it would really be determined by a combination of the dev team and the company leadership.”

Mr. Pardo continued: “I think that one of the things that makes us ultimately successful as a company is that we’re more lead by our game-making decisions and not so much by business decisions, which is one of the reasons why this question used to be the StarCraft question. Back when we did StarCraft, we did Brood War, and everyone thought they were amazing games; they were successful and I used to get all these questions like, “Why are you doing another Warcraft RTS, shouldn’t you be doing StarCraft?” Well Warcraft was what the team wanted to make, they were burned out on the StarCraft universe, that was the game they wanted to make and as far as Warcraft goes, we love the universe – it’s an amazingly successful universe. If we want to go back and do it, maybe we will, maybe we won’t.”

But then again, it could be a stupid rumor some cheapskate made up to get us all excited, which wouldn't surprise me as this was from June 15 of 2008.

Here's the page just to prove it: http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/06/15/warcraft-4-release-far-in-the-future.htm

2. Dark Master

Dark Master

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice. But there is CHANCE. Chance is nothing.

3. JimBob

JimBob

Resources:
    Resources:
    What do you want in Warcraft 4?

I haven't seen a thread talk about this yet, but than again I haven't been here in a while. What do you want in Warcraft 4? Please, this isn't about what story you want, so don't talk about that. What are some things you want to see in Warcraft 4, like gameplay, graphics wise, Map editor wise... Yea, we got quite a while before the game comes out but, hey, it gives us plenty of time to think of what we want in WC4.

1. I would like to see a faster paced action game that still revolves around heroes.
    2. The same 4 factions from WC3.
    3. I would like them to add another faction with each expansion.
    4. Two expansions.
    5. Naval Warfare.
    6. A better and more simple Map Editor which is expected.
    7. Darker tone- story and graphics wise, yet I doubt they will do that, so I'm not counting on it.
    8. A Market system kind of like Age of Empires.
    9. Random generated terrain which includes trees..., in the Editor for people who are lazy, like me, sometimes.
    10. I would like to see trees or mushrooms as something that is added with the terrain like it was in WC2 instead of it being a doodad. It would make things easier that way. However, I would still like to have trees be a doodad as well.
    11. Decals or logos, like what they're doing for SC2.
    12. A Higher cap, however, not as high as SC2 or it kind of takes the whole point of heroes away.
    13. More team colors to choose from including black and white.

Well, thats all I got so far. What do you guys want?

4. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    i want warcraft 4 to happen

5. JimBob

JimBob

Resources:
    Resources:
    What makes you think it won't happen? Of course it will happen, just not until they finish the last part of the SC2 trilogy. But really, what do you want to see in WC4?

6. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    it's not going to happen because WoW is continueing the warcraft series. Though, I would't mind a world of starcraft :O

7. JimBob

JimBob

Resources:
    Resources:
    WoW will eventually come to an end. You do realize that they are making another MMO, right? Why? To replace WoW. The MMO is suppose to be a whole new franchise as well. See, there is still room for WC4.

8. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blood Elves joining the Horde, High Elves being accepted into the Alliance, and so on.
    I actually wanna see if some of the Theramore residents are pissed off about Admiral Proudmoore being killed, and High Elves joining them for the first time, and some other races as well. Well I was very interested in Rexxar's Campaign so yah.

I really love the Blood Elves and High Elves. I hope they have a battle as well, and i hope for the Goblins, Ogres, and Forest Trolls join the Horde like they did in Warcraft II.

9. L2love

L2love

Resources:
    Resources:
    Note warcraft 4 wont happen for quite a long time.

But i want to see some awesome story and actually nice terrains and models not shitty one because the campaign isn't for bnet.

10. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    i want realistic sized buildings and units

11. JimBob

JimBob

Resources:
    Resources:
    Look at the Alpha screenshots for WC3 and you will see that they had realistic sized buildings and units. They had build-able walls and gates too. I'm not sure why they decided to go in a different direction. However, I would like to see realistic sized buildings as well for WC4, but I don't think they will do it.

Of course it won't, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it until it does.

12. L2love

L2love

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well they did but it could have bin better here's a few things i want in the new wc4.

A scroll in and out for camera.
    A better gameplay system.
    A better campaign 1 since it wont be played on bnet they should make it epic.
    A way to make epic battles and i don't mean small groups i mean armies and without lag.
    A awesome editor full of fun/epic things to revolutionize fan made maps.

13. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Epic battles fail. Warcraft 3 wasnt made for controlling 100 units, I hope that Warcarft 4 wont be either. >.<

14. L2love

L2love

Resources:
    Resources:
    Epic battles are awesome, thing is i just don't like having a group of 7 footman fighting like 3 abominations as a epic battle for warcraft.

15. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In epic battles you can only autoattack and wait who wins... Many skillz!1 -_-

16. JimBob

JimBob

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really have no ideal what Blizzard will do for WC4. Will they make it like WC3 where the game revolves around heroes; if so than it won't have big battles. Or do you think they will make it like SC1 and SC2 where it focuses much more on fast paced action with bigger battles and more units? Personally, thats what I would like, but I think the majority of the people here want the same gameplay as WC3.

I would also like them to stick to 4 factions; anymore and the game will be too hard to balance. Personally, I wasn't satisfied with the Undead in WC3. If they decide to bring them back as a faction for WC4 than they better get them right. In fact, I think the Undead are best left just being a bunch of creeps. The Horde and Alliance are definites', but I'm curious to see what races are implemented into these factions besides the Orcs, Taurens, Dwaves and Humans. Any thought of what races you want in any of the factions?

17. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'd like a Dwarven Race and a High-Elven.

18. .Ragnaros

.Ragnaros

Resources:
    Resources:
    High Elven = Blood Elves after the horde "redeemed" them.

Anyway... WC4 will be released for sure because blizzard already talked about it.

19. Lmao.Me

Lmao.Me

Resources:
    Resources:
    Trolls!

20. hazy

hazy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gilneas to be involved, somehow