• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft IV, what story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey screw you Xerex, Since when have giant robots ever not been really tough?And even if they weren't it's not so unreasonable to assume they would be, why it's practically a law of video game physics!Right under "the final battle must be the most epic!"Which is just below"Important characters never die for long".Kel Thuzzad is an excellent example of this.So is Illidian.So you don't have to be such a dick about it.I know it's the middle ages and all but their weight alone should allow them to step on a Ghoul.Admitingly I wasn't entirly clear when I said "they should kick everyones asses".I was refering only to anything that messed with them.Burning legion, The scourge, anything else they feel like killing.I'll tell you what though those goblin land mines sure are powerful...they can kill a whole lotta guys, so even if giant robots didn't work as well as imagined they'd still have something to fall back on.Their Goblin shredders have 600 health 3 armor and 31-64 attack points and their not even built for combat.And about the lore...What lore?I've read all the lore on the blizzard site.If it's fan lore it's unrealiable.Perhaps you could point out this lore?And more importantly is it from many years ago in the Warcraft universe?

Vels explaination is much better.
"While goblins have great technology they are in great position right now.
It would be bad for their work if they kill their clients.And their tech is not that advanced.Warcraft is middle age."

Level 12
In warcraft its not whoever has the biggest gun or technology... its whoever has the biggest wand!

Level 3
In warcraft its not whoever has the biggest gun or technology... its whoever has the biggest wand!

Normally you two might have something there but there's just one teeny problem.Mechanical units are immune to most magic.I tried quite a few spells such as hex, storm bolt, war stomp, chain lightning.None of them, worked.Slow worked though but slows not very good... all it does is lower attack rate and movement speed a little.Useful in a close match but still.Oh, but shockwave worked.But still if 75% percent of your spells don't have any effect you might be screwed.The Golbin tinkerer uses robots to a very nice effect.Ya, his robot can beat an infernal 1 on 1.His robot is one of a kind though.Infernals are pretty high end too...I wonder if the burning legion will ever run out of them?And don't pit lords use doom?Your thinking of dreadlords.

Level 21
Goblin robots are not that advanced as you think they have only shredders which are only good for the trees (try to to use them in battle and you will see) and Thinker tank is for building and he is Hero so normally he must be strong .Infernal would melt mechanical units.
As for the goblin sappers and mines that is pure alchemy.

Level 17
Gawd, such a pointless discussion we have here.

Real World: Mechanical will own everything.
WoW/Wc3 World (That is fake btw.): Yes their mechanical units wont be very strong since fire and all sorts of stuff will make them melt/explode/do wierd shit.
But they still are very advanced considering the others just using simple axes and guns to kill each other.

-----

I say that if the goblins would nit,and use their technology for the more evil ways of life.
They would become equally as strong as any other race.
Goblin shredder: Sure it's meant to cut trees, but last time I checked a tree was stronger then a body. So they could just cut up their enemies.
I bet they can even make high tech laser shields to block lame fire spells lol.

And they also have very huge tank-like machines. (You'll see a few in WoW.) They can just run over an entire army with that. Make ehn flat like a bug

.... NOEZ I r being suckedz into tha conversation bout fake stuff. o_O

Level 12
In the world of imagination and games, a world that nerds life in (very dangerous place), everything is possible my friend.
Even Wow has made it's infuence everywhere, even in the real world! o_O xD

Lol, I sound like a something something dark..

SO real a little boy killed himself to show how he died in world of warcraft... Thats why games like WoW are not for little kids lol.

"Hey maybe if I shoot myself in the face with a shotgun I can revive perfectly healthy at the nearest graveyard"

Level 3
Wow really?I thought those were tiny dwarves.So gnomes were around before, but what about gnolls, murlocks, and furbolgs and such?And another thing I don't like about wow, how the hell have they not yet taken back their city from a bunch of level 27 elite troggs!?!(it's a comic on the Blizzard site).By the way, no it wouldn't, the shredders are immune to that immolation too.I haven't tried firebolt yet but I think I'll get the same results.Besides I'm not talking about using regular shredders...I'm talking about using insanely heavily costumized shredders.
Edit:
Which I guess would just make them warbots, no longer shredders.With a blade for cutting through flesh not wood.And the wood gathering aperatis replaced with a hand or an ax, a mace would be good too.And more armor, and health with it.
Edit again:
You know what would make wow better?Fighting from horseback.And giant robots for players.And mercenary armies.They really need to shake things up a bit.They tried to shake things up a bit but then they decided to lower the 2 minute cooldown to 1 minute, and the 1 minute cooldown to 45 seconds, ect. until it got to 10 seconds.That was crap.No zombie formula can work that fast!At 2 minutes it was actually fun to some extent, but even then it still had problems.You really don't see this much from Blizzard but they got sloppy and lazy and didn't change the A.I. at all, which was a bad move, but I digress.I hope if they try to make a story like that one again they won't be so lazy next time.

Last edited:
Level 12
They add content and alter content, thats all they will do. Just wait till WoW 2. It will have double or even triple amount of subscribers >_^, Which then the world will prob be 2 or 3 times bigger then the world we know, unless of course they make starcraft mmo

Note: There will not be a WoW 2 for at least 8 years, A warcraft 4 will likely be in production in roughly 4, and they will likely base wc4s lore for WoW 2, then WoW will crush that lore so they can always have a fresh start >_^

Level 3
actually, experts predict the earth's human population will peak by 2050 at 9 billion, they could be wrong but it won't be 3 times bigger.And if they do make a WoW 2, they should do something like what I just mentioned as an experiment for the old WoW.It could happen!:con:

Level 21
I hope that they never make WoW 2.Lore is ruined quite enough.With WW 2 we will have to bury it.
In wow everything is stupid about lore.Everybody lives, alliances that make no sense, peace treaty is forgoten...
There is no place for RPG game in RTS game.It just doesn't merge right.
The best lore was in Warcraft 2:Orcs and Humans just fighting.No burning Legion, no elf stories, no unending twists...Just simple real strategy.

Level 12
They already said in a few reviews they would ignore WoW lore... Also I consider WoW a spinoff, which doesn't and shouldn't effect the RTS Franchise. They should make a WoW 2 with new crap, not using previous stuff and killing it until its unusable. I wouldn't be suprised if they made one after wc4 and based the storyline on what happend in wc4...

Level 12
Yea... It was pretty much confirmed it will be one of there next projects.. lol, in many reviews it was also hinted.. There are some threads that talk about this.

However, its doubtly that they have actually started on it yet. But after WoW, starcraft 2, and D3, they will likely go for Wc4, logic would make it be so. They did WoW, Starcraft Sequel, and a Diablo Sequel... Time for restarting the cycle.. Its doubtful they will make a new franchise, they already picked the best themes.

Anyway, its best to make a Wc4 Anyway, WoW didn't replace the series, only made another branch for the series. They will prob make Warcraft 4, then WoW 2 or a starcraft MMO(would be best)

BTW, I wouldnt say it was 100% confirmed, but if people kept up to date on the things they release, reviews, etc. They would know thats pretty much there next project.

Level 12
WoW isn't as good as they say, at least TBC is.
You can't have played Diablo III yet, as it did not go out to stores yet.
And with Starcraft 2 and Warcraft 4 I agree as long as they make custom games with Starcraft.

Level 17
And with Starcraft 2 and Warcraft 4 I agree as long as they make custom games with Starcraft.

He didn't said he played it.
He only said it sounds like a good game.

It has potential I agree, but Blizzard has become the big bully of the class now. With no super hero to kick hiss virtual butt.

Level 12

Actually it is, you may not like the style, the newest expansion sold the most copies on the first day it was put into stores then any other video game in history. Over 12 million subscribers.. TBC was the same at its time yea I agree the game looks cooler and more appealing when they talk about it and when you read the cover and see images.. But hey, they got to appeal to everyone. WoW is a very sucessful game.. However there gonna kill it if they keep going, they keep milking the fuck out of it, killing off anything they can think of, shoving as much content down its throat. If they keep going they might as well make a Starcraft MMO, because they will need a long time to think of "new" ideas, not reviving old ones and milking it to where its beyond logic or making any sense.

Vel, even if you could, you would go to jail, to be honest, that would be a fact... Unless your a super super hacker, they would catch you, and you would prob get sued then thrown in jail. or just thrown in jail, plus you would cost them a lot of money.

Level 17
Actually it is, you may not like the style, the newest expansion sold the most copies on the first day it was put into stores then any other video game in history. Over 12 million subscribers.. TBC was the same at its time yea I agree the game looks cooler and more appealing when they talk about it and when you read the cover and see images.. But hey, they got to appeal to everyone. WoW is a very sucessful game.. However there gonna kill it if they keep going, they keep milking the fuck out of it, killing off anything they can think of, shoving as much content down its throat. If they keep going they might as well make a Starcraft MMO, because they will need a long time to think of "new" ideas, not reviving old ones and milking it to where its beyond logic or making any sense.

Vel, even if you could, you would go to jail, to be honest, that would be a fact... Unless your a super super hacker, they would catch you, and you would prob get sued then thrown in jail. or just thrown in jail, plus you would cost them a lot of money.

Like blablabla? Do you even know they use mind control? =:D
Just look it up, even play WoW and listen very good at the backgrounds, read the teksts very carefully.
It's crowded with subliminal messages in there.
Other then that, they are abusing the human's weak mind. They are herd animals. One jumps the cliff, there are bound to be more following the first one.

This conversation about WoW has been going on long enough, let's go back to the original purpose of this tread now! =:D

Level 19
Actually there's this game called Dark Ages Of Warcraft, search it in Epicwar, it's creator, Luka_Blight could be trying to make a Warcraft 4 storyline through it...

Status
Not open for further replies.