1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Official WarCraft IV Discussion

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Dumblor, May 8, 2008.

1. Dumblor

Dumblor

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WoW ruined any hope for Warcraft 4?

I don't know if there are more threads about this, but if there are, mods, please delete this one.

So, do you think WoW ruined any hope for Warcraft 4, do you think that Blizzard made a huge mistake in your own right?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2016
  2. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They allready said that if they made wc4, It would skip WoW Storyline, So probably not.

3. SantaBla

SantaBla

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard gained loads of cash from WoW. It was a commercial success and therefore it was not a mistake at all.

4. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Source please, that would be a pretty huge load of info.

5. Dumblor

Dumblor

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If speaking about commercial succes , yes , that wasn't a mistake. But they ruined the game. The original. Instead of making Warcraft cards , they made World of Warcraft cards. Instead of making Warcraft film , they're makig World of Warcraft film. See ? Personally , to me , WoW is an abomination to the series. I grew up with Orcs and Humans. Starcraft and Diablo were the second faves in my computer. Atleast Starcraft isn't going to be MMORPG. While Warcraft is. That's why I sometimes hate Blizzard.

6. Raigoura

Raigoura

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hate World of Warcraft with a purpose and reason! You guys explained it right.

I think there is so many of these polls. But Blizzard did ruined the story for the Warcraft universe.

7. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just means they have more money to invest in the development of new games such as Sc2, D3 & eventually war4.

8. Dumblor

Dumblor

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They got loads of them. I could build another empire state building out of money they have already , and they had even before WoW was released. But "Why make another stupid strategy with load of fans , if we have a huge load of nerdy 10-years old no-life bastards who are paying as 15-dollars a month ?" They ruined the series. There's no way for another , not to mention they don't want to make it , as long as WoW brings them money. 1000000x15 = 15000000$/month.

9. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually I don't think World of Warcraft ruins anything. If it did then they could just skip all what happened in World of Warcraft and continue the story-line in Warcraft IV. So I'm Ok with both.

10. Dumblor

Dumblor

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Skip ??? That would be stupid. The storyline is , in many ways , not good for a strategy anymore. And the devs are statisfied with no-lifers giving them cash , why do they need us ?

11. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I though it was in this, at the bottom, but I couldnt find it.... I think I saw somebody post it on thehelper a while ago.. I'm not sure if I will be able to dig it up again or not.. =/

12. Lestat(br)

Lestat(br)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    i think that WoW doesnt have an ACTUAL story, since its a MMORPG. WoW's flow in the story could be skipped, and there could be another Warcraft starting from the Arthas wielding the Crown, but I don't think that Blizzard would do it at all, it would be completely blurred by WoW. If it could be done, it would be done by fans...and just a bit of modding.

13. ~VanMavus

~VanMavus

Resources:
    Resources:
    WoW basically is WCIV, without a storyline, an editor... fun gaming... fun multiplay-

Yeah they screwed up. It's a good turnout for them, I bought it and hated it from the time of installation. 12gb+ of wasted space.

WoW has no storyline, oh other then the Eredar falling from the sky and the blood elves making a massive town overnight.

If another Warcraft RTS is made, please god let them realise there mistake and give us an original story for once in our lives. Something that WoW doesn't impact the story of and something that doesn't impact the story of WoW. That way all the noobs over there won't complain that an RTS destroyed their 'amazing' gaming experience.

14. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Omg a dimensional ship that crashes on azeroth

Wtf are those Draenei? Aliens? =p

15. Dumblor

Dumblor

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well , about Draenei , they were featured in WC3TFT. But a interdimensional ship of sorts...

16. ~VanMavus

~VanMavus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually they're an evolved form of Eredar... which I wonder. Or vice versa, but it's crazy in... the how many year gap in time between WCIII and WoW... lets say it's about 50 they grew tentacley beards, nice skin tone, moo moo legs... What did they hit a reactor in space?

17. Dumblor

Dumblor

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually it's about five years , but the draenei of TFT are the broken ones.

18. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    WoW

Yep, the playable Draenei's in wow left Azeroth many years before Wc3 to escape their relatives, the Eredar. I really truly HATE the Draenei in wow, they are ugly and not cool as they were in wc3(one of my fav-races). I mean, look at Akama!:cry:

Anyway, wow ruined the story completely, with bosses that shouldn't be killed such as illidan and no story whatsoever, just that the burning crusade suddenly felt that they should attack again since the last time went so great, and the horde and alliance just broke through the demon gate and conquered outland.

What...Is...That...Supposed...To...Mean?
    I hope that blizz will to a Wc4, but erase the "story" from wow.:slp:

19. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    WoW is fine if its the only game you play and you play it a lot. If not then it is too expensive.

20. JetFangInferno

JetFangInferno

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    WoW is a mindless grinding game but its amazing visuals and source of escapism and means of communication captivates millions of players all over the world. I myself would play the game if it were more like Warcraft instead of an MMORPG. Warcraft 4 would never happen because if you owned blizzard, would you rather rake up tons of cash from an already successful game or would you please a perhaps smaller majority of players who would want a Warcraft 4? I would personally love to see a Warcraft 4 but it just won't happen.