• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4 Confirmed but not announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Within the freshest Starcraft 2 panel from BlizzCon 2008 Blizzard proclaims, that Starcraft 2 will be expanded into a trilogy. Furthermore Blizzard verifies, that Warcraft 4 will be released with the same principle.

I saw this on one of blizzards things, and this is on most fansites I know of..

Its confirmed but not announced... Guess what? All those people from those wc4 debates that thought wc4 would never happen? Guess who was proven wrong?

Not only this there have been many hints in reviews that its up next. And why not? Just because WoW is around doesn't mean they can't make a RTS, theres still a lot to explore in warcraft, sure illidan and LK are dead or will be, but theres still a lot on the table to use.

Plus on one of the reviews they said if they did a wc4 they would ignore WoW.

Level 15
erm, WC4? hope that doesn't happen soon? i love my WC3...
would hate to remake my project ideas for another game...

Level 12
Of course, it wont be out for atleast 4-6 years

Reliable source? TO you guys nothing is a reliable source. Its inevitable, if pple knew anything about gaming companies, they would know. Games branch into different genres all the tine. Theres no reason not to go back to the RTS, if it was stupid idea then why make a starcraft 2? Even if that game goes MMO and it will, they will still make RTS games.

Level 21
Of course, it wont be out for atleast 4-6 years

Reliable source? TO you guys nothing is a reliable source. Its inevitable, if pple knew anything about gaming companies, they would know. Games branch into different genres all the tine. Theres no reason not to go back to the RTS, if it was stupid idea then why make a starcraft 2? Even if that game goes MMO and it will, they will still make RTS games.

A blue post would be reliable. But you're not even giving any sources at all in the first place. Without those, I just smell trolls.

Level 3
Blizzard is going to make it, but will start off from where wc3 ended, not where wow ended. World of Warcraft is now slowly dying as one of the greatest mmorpgs of this era, and Blizzard will want to continue the warcraft story since it has been so successful.

Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 are undoubtably going to be extremely good. But I'm sure Warcraft 4 is going to be a very hard, worked on project, as of seeing all of the negative reviews from WotLK.

Level 15
where WC3 ended? i supposed that part of story gonna be shown in Warcraft Movie... again, a game based on movie... =DDD

Level 3
Rather a movie based on a game:). Since Warcraft is based around it's either ever changing lore or world. Both the movie and game might follow the same path. But I don't think the movie will be based on wc4 lore, or wow lore. I think they've based it around just the third war, not much battles, just undead steamrolling through alliance on their roflengines..

Level 12
Actually I don't think we knew what happend a year before WoW, only a couple years before it. And if you read about the movie, which theres even a page on blizzards site about it, it will be staged a year before WoW, and not focus on first/second war just because it will be too similar to Lotr, they even said it,

Plus they said warcraft 4 will use the same thing, they never said if they make it.

So if I color code the quote blue its reliable?

EDIT: Seriously just google it, its been a announcement on most wc3 fan sites that they confirmed it, thinking its untrue is just ignorance. Not to mention all the friggin hints and then implying.

Level 6
I think all he was asking for was a blizzard post on it. Like a link or something. That would be nice. People do make up rumors all the time about games, so it still could be false.

I, personally, do believe you, however.

Level 12
I'm pretty sure the quote was taken off of one of there occasional reviews they have. Not to mention they have been hinting this on a lot of reviews, and they never said it wasnt impossible, or unlikely. What do you think will be next?

Level 3
2015? Jesus, you people think it will take that long? They are most likely talking about the lore and such as we speak, that's step one, and should only take a couple months to get down. You do know it's like 2009 right :D And we're talking about Blizzard, they'll probably speed up production when diable 3 and starcraft 2 are out. Wow creation isn't hard to do, unless they really try on the next expansion. Overall I'm sure it'll most likely be out or near completion in 2011 and will most likely come in 2012. Wow expansions at this pace only last a year or two, so they'll be done with wow before wc4 comes out.
(all of this is just rough foresight from good observant skills over the last 10 years of watching blizzard...)

Level 12
I think that one of the producers said that they are making SC2 like that, and "will be making WC4 in this likeness too", or would be. There was a massive fuss about it a while ago, wasn't there?

My first post has a quote of that.

And really 2015 really isnt that far away, SC2 2 has been in production for 6 years, and its not out yet. Good games dont come out in 5 minutes. Good games take time to make. And blizzard will make sure it is a good game. Once Wc4 is out, that very well may be the kill strike for wc3.

Also if they make wc3 like SC2 im going to be pissed, I want to be able to play offline skirmishes and shit I dont want to have to be online to be able to do campaign and stuff.. one negative about SC2 which is stupid

Level 21
EDIT: Seriously just google it, its been a announcement on most wc3 fan sites that they confirmed it, thinking its untrue is just ignorance. Not to mention all the friggin hints and then implying.
Yeah cause warcraft 3 fansites are to be trusted? The real ignorance in here is that you still don't provide any sources, especially when it's "so easy to google".

I can certainly expect blizzard to consider war4, but if it's not announced, it's not possible to be confirmed. Fail thread is fail.

Level 12
Yeah cause warcraft 3 fansites are to be trusted? The real ignorance in here is that you still don't provide any sources, especially when it's "so easy to google".

I can certainly expect blizzard to consider war4, but if it's not announced, it's not possible to be confirmed. Fail thread is fail.

When I get time I will look for a "reliable source"

Level 10
Lets see.... Starcraft II will be released I think in this year, no?

Diablo 3 is STILL far away, maybe it could be released after 1-2 years maybe 3. Warcraft 4... If this is true it might be released somewhere.... well yea 2014 or 2015...

Level 12
No LAN for SC2!? Are they insane!?

Yep another anouncement they made, its very stupid, I heard its not gonna be free to go online either. So

Have to pay 50-60 for game, have to have internet to do anything with it, then theres the continual campaigns 20-50 bucks too

I think the NO Lan just killed SC2, thats so stupid how they are doing it

Level 8
Great to here there will be a WC4, but I hope I still have at least 3 years on WC3 still, and I'm glad to here it wont be a continuation of WoW since I dont play it. Arthas is the Lich King, Orcs just pwnzored the humans, Illidan and the blood elvces got wtfpwned which pretty much just leaves the powerful undead in Lordaeron and the Orcs on Kalimdor, and the Night Elves are.......??? :confused:

Level 2
I'll also be glad if they drop the WOW story line. I hate the Blood Elvs and Undead being horde factions and the fact that the Drenai (or however you spell them) become a playable faction. Hopefully in Wc4 they will have more than 4 civs.

Level 7
Great to here there will be a WC4, but I hope I still have at least 3 years on WC3 still, and I'm glad to here it wont be a continuation of WoW since I dont play it. Arthas is the Lich King, Orcs just pwnzored the humans, Illidan and the blood elvces got wtfpwned which pretty much just leaves the powerful undead in Lordaeron and the Orcs on Kalimdor, and the Night Elves are.......??? :confused:

indeed, wow lore sucked while wc3 lore was very good. Especially because the orcs are the "good once" for the first time. :thumbs_up: Thrall FTW !

Level 12
They will likely use lot of content from WoW, but use it differently

there not gonna have 30 footman kill arthas, aint gonna happen, not WoW style

Level 14
If Illidan died in WC3, it would be a good thing. If Arthas died in WC3, it would be an incredible lore.

But they die in WOW, and that's a lore raping. The whole problem is that people with names like Utherium or Ismellpanties can go and kill Illidan, not that he's dead.

If WoW's story is ignored for WC4, I can easily smell demon operations in Tanaris and some slayed Bronze Dragons.

Level 7
WoW fucked the whole world's lore XD
i wont be surpriesd if they just ignore it and continue wc3.
anyway blizzard just cant fuck this one, if they'll make wc4 suckish people will go out the streets and start shooting people :D

anyway the game will be out while ill be at the army or even after that, i hope ill find time to play it XD

wc4... its just a far dream now, i cant even imagne it :O

Level 24
You guys are so terrible at thinking what the story of Warcraft IV would be. You're directly thinking it would take place after Warcraft III with all the cool characters from the previous games killed in WoW. Blizzard isn't that stupid, y'know. As far as we know, it could take place a long time after WoW, or even a long time before. You need to think outside the box.

Level 12
DW and Aszhara will be in the new WoW expansion... What is there left? Mortals cant go to the emerald dream besides druids so, you cant go there...

What is there left?

Level 22
Like I said, it will suck if the game is out within the next 4 years or what......... you start playing sc2 then in 4 years move to war4, you can't get good at one game like that, damn it. It is wayyy to early to talk about war4 now... not until 2-3 years maybe?

It will be a bad idea if they base Wc4 lore after WoW, most exactly after the new expansion.

Then it will be also a bad idea to continue after TFT cause it will not match WoW story at all. They will continue after WoW and it it will be with videos and text for those who haven't played WoW.

Level 7
Then it will be also a bad idea to continue after TFT cause it will not match WoW story at all. They will continue after WoW and it it will be with videos and text for those who haven't played WoW.

If they do continue lore from after wow then it will be the same as warcraft 2: horde vs alliance because there are no other enemies:
-Sargeras: dead
-Deathwing: dead
-Lady Vash: dead
-Kael'Thas: dead
-Arthas: dead
-Illidan: dead
-Kil'Jaeden: dead

Level 11
WEll ,as you allk can notice, blizzard games have really, really, really, long life time. So SC2 will come next year... it will last like 10 years... coz it will have power to replace wc3, as in editor you will be able to convert sc2 into wc3, what some people probbly will.
Its gonna like like RTS engine for making games. Like wc3 almost was, we didn see only RTS games in editors. :)

Level 8
Think. Why is there a tomb of sageras in Wc3?
Easy: Sageras is dead.

In WoW, Arthas and Illidan aren´t dead, because it would be bad for blizzard if they kill off 2 big raid bosses :p
But ofc they died more than 1000 Times (ok, Arthas is still not avadiable so, just Illidan)

~Nurga :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.