• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc 4!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ok, I know. There have been, like, 12 threads on this topic. I started an earlier thread on this topic. But all the Wc 4 threads get bogged down and die. Anyway.

I think Warcraft Four is never going to happen unless we do something to make it happen. Here's what I'm talking about:
  1. An organized proposal which we will send to Blizzard. This proposal should have:
  2. The signatures of over 500 people from THW, and an assurance that the proposal represents the wishes of the WC3 community. After all, we are one the biggest Warcraft modding sites out there.
  3. A summary of the changes we would like to see.
  4. A list of reasons as to why Wc4 would be make money, and some strategies to bring back old WC players and bring in new ones. Maybe some ways that WC4 could leverage off of WoW to get more players.....?
So, what do you guys think?

Level 26
Blizzard is not some monkeys encased in a lead shell, though it may seem so at times. Who the hell DOESN'T know the benefits of a WC4? If they have sunk their ship far enough to not make a WC4, I'm pretty sure a petition isn't going to change much.

Level 8
1. It would never happen
2. Blizzard is going to make more money off of WoW and SC2 than WC4
3. There is no need for WC4
4. I wouldn't buy WC4
5. WC3 would be better than WC4
6. It's not happening no matter how much you beg...

(To Revolve: WC3 killed most of the plot then WoW killed the rest of it....)

Level 35
I have to say Spacebar you have an EPIC talent for showing people their inner hypocrisy.

I personally would love to see Warcraft 4 come along. And there is a way to salvage the Lore that Wow damaged. You just have to be careful.

Of course Wc3 didnt kill the plot at all. WoW beat it senseless, but its not dead. A new, revised, and EPIC plot for Warcraft 4 would greatly compensate for the damage WoW has done. And hopefully revive the Warcraft series to its original glory.

Level 26
You already did. Why should I waste my time, Hippocrates?
Hypocrisy is the act of condemning or calling for the condemnation of another person when the critic is guilty of the act for which he demands that the accused be condemned. Though hypocrisy is frequently invoked as an accusation in debates, a few theorists have studied the utility of hypocrisy, and in some cases have suggested that the conflicts manifested as hypocrisy are a necessary or even beneficial part of human behavior and society.
Your turn.

Level 4
How about this, then, he dodged my comment? Just saying he can prove that's he's intelligent doesn't really fit into any category of stupidity I can ponder up right now.

Level 8
Look, could you people get back on topic? Please?

Everybody says we should do that, nobody winds up ever doing it

Well, then let's do something instead of sitting around arguing. I agree with Elenai..... WC4 could be a landmark in RTS history. A lot of you say that a petitioning Blizzard wil nto do any good. Well, not petitioning Blizard will do no good at all. We have an option between doing somethigng and doing nothing.

Just tell what I should do in deep detail, and ill do it.

Just a note: Blizzard is busy working on other projects atm anyways...

Just another note, ignore people that say blizzard is busy working on other things, after they make those they make more! NOw or never!

:razz::con:

I hope you know that Blizzard most likely will ignore that request. I believe there line/emails or whatever is only for techincal support and stuff like that.

Unless you know someone who works for Blizzard, you are probably out of luck.

And Moontraveler, stfu, where's your proof?

Level 26
Look, could you people get back on topic? Please?

Well, then let's do something instead of sitting around arguing. I agree with Elenai..... WC4 could be a landmark in RTS history. A lot of you say that a petitioning Blizzard wil nto do any good. Well, not petitioning Blizard will do no good at all. We have an option between doing somethigng and doing nothing.
Here's a good idea: Let's petition for world peace! This is surely what we need to remind our government that world peace is good, because they evidently don't know that!

Your plea is ridiculous. No shit Blizzard will make wc4 if they have the chance. A petition won't change shit whether they make one or not.

Well....i don't like the idea of Warcraft 4 unless it's a new patch on the game.If the game is totally new then all the work that has been done to maps and stuff like that will be lost.
And also i don't think the story can go any further.Arthas is now the Lich King and he rules the Undead race.
Well,yes Blood Elves and races like these might want to resist against them,but it would be a good effort.I think it's better the way it is now.

Level 26
Well....i don't like the idea of Warcraft 4 unless it's a new patch on the game.If the game is totally new then all the work that has been done to maps and stuff like that will be lost.
And also i don't think the story can go any further.Arthas is now the Lich King and he rules the Undead race.
Well,yes Blood Elves and races like these might want to resist against them,but it would be a good effort.I think it's better the way it is now.
1. "Oh lord! If they make a new game my maps will disappear!" Get real. They're making a starcraft 2. You don't see the people who play starcraft complaining. I certainly don't see any warcraft 3 players complaining.
2. The story has much to stem from. The villain has taken over, but much of the resistance is still alive.
Yes,the story can go on.But,it would be way better if it would remain the way it is.And i have heard rumors about the Warcraft movie coming on 2009.:ar:
Last I heard, it wasn't a rumor. It was a World of Warcraft movie. The only known part of it is that Legendary Pictures is making it.

Level 10
I'd like to see wc4 since there are still somebody left to stop Arthas. Such as Sylvannas or Lady Vahj or Kael. It should be continued where it was but its up to blizzard to make :p ( A Magical Wand would solve our problems with only one zzzap!)

Yum

Yum

Level 3
Warcraft lore is dead.

There is no team readily available to make a Wc4, and there won't be a for a while yet.

They arn't going to make Wc4 since it will compete with SC2. Even after SC2 has been out for a while- next in line will be an expansion for SC2. Just embrace it already.

All that said... I agree with Will, a new franchise would be cool- so long as it doesn't deviate too much into unexplored genres (see: Starcraft Ghost). Also, Blizzard has said they have another project in the works they havn't announced so who knows what will happen?

I just hope it isn't another retarded MMORPG or Diablo game...

Level 8
The project their working on is most likely:

1:New Series.

2:Starcraft 2 Expansion.

3:WOW's 3rd Expansion. :)confused:Why are they making it now?:confused:)

4:Diablo 3.

5:W4:IWOWNH-Warcraft 4: If WOW Never Happened.

Those are all possible candidates for their unknown project.

Level 26

How about rock n' roll racing 2? xD

Level 9
I like the idea of a wc4 and any real warcraft fan should to but I dont think that blizzard will work on anything like that for a while. I think that blizzard is probly going to work on something new other than an older franchise for the moment. I think a petition would help get the idea into the heads of blizzard that us warcraft fans would like to see another game in the warcraft franchise. And yes if they desided to make another wc game then they could easaly come up with a continuing story or suprise us with something noone had thought of. Anyway im up for the petition even if it doesn't work its worth trying.

They will probably make the next WoW expansion before they make the Sc2 expansion.

For any new series I think a long time will happen before anything is near ready.

Level 9
a prequal is a good idea but there wouldn't be much to add other than maybe new models. If you wanted a prequal type game it would be easy for someone to make one using the world editor. I like the idea of maybe the story starting off a few years after arthas becomes the king and and ressistance is scattered through out the world. And arthas could have come up with lots of new techs and found new undead sub races like the nerubians. I think that would be a good idea. I could go into good detail but i think ill save it for anyone that askes for it :D

Level 34
I personally believe that Diablo3 is next. The Diablo3 community has been around for a while, petitioning the crap out of them.

Level 34
If you can't even tolerate Diablo 2's graphics enough to see that it's a good game, I don't respect you as a game critic anymore. Its graphics aren't even that bad.

Did I say it wasn't a good game? It's just so dated, and the graphics are so poor. I used to love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.