• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What would happen in a 'Warcraft 4'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yvx's thread asked what wc4 should be called, but he just decided a story himself and only let us choose the name. I would like to see your opinions on what would happen in Wc4 Re-return of the burning legion? Return of Arthas? Skipping of WoW lore? War of the Ancients? Crossover with the Warhammer universe!? You decide!

Level 14
Arthas would wake up sooner from that thone, and he would still retain his personality and he would be talking to himself, although he is actually talking to Ner'zhul who is in the helm.
He would than rally his undead minions and commence actions to recruit some more. However he would disguise it as if it would be the actions of the Forsaken.

The Forsaken completely work to secure Lordaeron, and in doing so, they meet with prince Kael'thalas. Kael was going to Quel'danas to meet with Tyranda. He was carrying illidans skull and some of his items to give to Tyranda. In return Tyranda promised to help the Blood Elves from their endless thirst.

At the same time Stormwind forgets about Lordaeron and continues their full campaign onto the Orcs on Kalimdore.

As stated Illidan is dead, and the naga retreat under the surface and wait for a more apropriate moment to resurface. However they would show themselves in siome misions which would link them to the blood elves and night elves, in order to further find out what has happened in the past between Azshara and Tyranda.

With Illidan dead the Draenei forced the illidari forces out, and Outland is closed once again.

As tension rises, only Malfurion realises the real threat. No one would listen to him though. Malfurion wants to lead an attack against Arthas. and so he does, with the help of the Forsaken, Blood Elves and Naga. This "elven" alliance would succeed in stopping and defeating Arthas.

TL;DR: Retcon all wow please, kk thx.

Last edited:
Level 9
Huh? Yes, they did return.

i am pretty sure the plot of warcraft 3 is invasion of burning legion on azeroth and my idea is the return of sargeras which is the true leader/creator of the burning legion not Archimonde or Kil"jaeden thease people are just his lieutenants

Level 14
Ah, the return of Sargeras.
Don't worry, WoW will get to that eventually.

I actually doubt we'll get to deal with Sargeras in WoW. Maybe we'll be able to stop him from entering Azeroth, maybe we'll defeat him once more, but I really hope that Blizzard won't make the same mistake and kill of its main baddies in generic raids with cinematic cuts that are far from impressive (though, honestly, I did quite like the end of the Lich King raid).

WC4 will be made, that's for sure. I already discussed in another thread (note to the admins: merging the threads would be nice, as we now have several split discussions on WarCraft 4, with no big difference between them or whatsoever) the reasons why we'll have WarCraft 4. Just like Star Wars, WarCraft Universe has become too big for Blizzard to let it die.

So, yeah, I tend to believe that Sargeras will make his return in the end of World of WarCraft, and we'll be left to deal with him in WarCraft 4. I already talked about possible races - Human Alliance and Orcish Horde are the two which are almost 100% sure (that's WarCraft after all), and I'd vote for Demons and Old Gods. Of course, Demons would make their return in a WarCraft-styled fashion - not directly as a playable race, but possessing a race (orcs and undead were the ones for now). As for the Old Gods, I suspect we'll either see Nerubian or Naga culture.

Heck, we might even see the Titans. Who knows. But one thing is certain - WC4 WILL be a continuation of World of Warcraft (come on, you didn't seriously think that Blizzard would debunk such a large fan-base just because a bunch of WC3 fanatics actually don't like the WoW story, did you?)

That said, I wonder if we'll be hearing anything from the Un'Goro crater in WarCraft 4, or the Tuskarr, or the goblins, or any of the other "funny" side stories. :ogre_icwydt:

Level 14
come on, you didn't seriously think that Blizzard would debunk such a large fan-base just because a bunch of WC3 fanatics actually don't like the WoW story, did you?

We're not Wc3 fanatics, just doubt Wc4 will deliver. I mean yeah sure, they will continue the story... how they wish, want, w/e... but they will not deliver.

Just like Star Wars prequel sucked, so will the Warcraft sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.