• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4 Confirmed, Starcraft 2 to be a Trilogy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I totally lol'd at your lack of knowledge.
WHAT THE FUCK?
Anyway, I'd die if they used wow models in wc4, cause wow models are pretty horrible for today's standards, and most textures are very low res.
Unless they used something else, they said in the past they were using the same engine as warcraft 3, of course, not in the same way.

EDIT: Eh, lemme rephrase that... They used same graphics engine:grin:

Level 12
Who knows how powerful the engine they used for warcraft 3 was? I'm sure they can bend it to w/e they wanted, but they used the same graphics engine. You can kinda tell wc3 and WoW had pretty similar graphics.. Only WoW's graphics had more detail.

Who knows how powerful the engine they used for warcraft 3 was?
I know. It's really shit engine, unoptimized, gets locked on few thousand polygons, has shitty extent calculations, uses tiles instead of splats, the higher res textures blur easily, doesn't support animation combining, blah blah.
I'm sure they can bend it to w/e they wanted, but they used the same graphics engine.
It's just impossible, not to mention they have redone the graphics engine TWICE for wc3 only, how much sense would it make to use the same graphic engine on two games? Well, that sorta happened with SC1 and WC2, but still, those games were RTSes, had same graphics, and were released in the same time.
You can kinda tell wc3 and WoW had pretty similar graphics.. Only WoW's graphics had more detail.
That makes no sense, wow and wc3 graphics are totally different, both on technical, and art basis. However, you can easily tell that wow models were made long before wow (some of them, that is), cause they are used in campaign screens, and stuff like that. But still, they are not wc3 models, they are just wow models imported into wc3. Now you'll say it's easy to convert wow models to wc3, no it isn't, they just exported from .max to .mdx using art tools, instead exporting to .m2.

Level 9
Who knows how powerful the engine they used for warcraft 3 was? I'm sure they can bend it to w/e they wanted, but they used the same graphics engine. You can kinda tell wc3 and WoW had pretty similar graphics.. Only WoW's graphics had more detail.

Graphics look similar 'cus its the same universe.That doesn't mean its the same engine.

Level 12
I know. It's really shit engine, unoptimized, gets locked on few thousand polygons, has shitty extent calculations, uses tiles instead of splats, the higher res textures blur easily, doesn't support animation combining, blah blah.

It's just impossible, not to mention they have redone the graphics engine TWICE for wc3 only, how much sense would it make to use the same graphic engine on two games? Well, that sorta happened with SC1 and WC2, but still, those games were RTSes, had same graphics, and were released in the same time.

That makes no sense, wow and wc3 graphics are totally different, both on technical, and art basis. However, you can easily tell that wow models were made long before wow (some of them, that is), cause they are used in campaign screens, and stuff like that. But still, they are not wc3 models, they are just wow models imported into wc3. Now you'll say it's easy to convert wow models to wc3, no it isn't, they just exported from .max to .mdx using art tools, instead exporting to .m2.

Actually I was going to say they could have used a newer one, newer version of it, and I remember them saying in the past they used the same type of graphics engine, to keep the feel of it. or w/e they said.

Level 4
I think Frostwhisper's comic strip prophecy was right... Blizzard WILL overstress the WarCraft title and will cause it's own self destruction... T.T

Level 12
More then likely not, just a mixture of races in one faction, there will probably be 3, that would be best, because each faction could be unique and not just a copy and paste race.

Level 12
Starcraft will most likely become a MMO with 3 factions, they can make it, and I wouldn't be suprised, only instead of a world, its worlds. A starcraft MMO would be a LOT larger then the WoW we know

Level 12
Yea.. And have different kinds of "Mounts" And have space kind of battles, Different vehicles, weapons, armor, etc.

Level 5
WC4 FTW!!!
soon sites like wc3edit or wc3something have to change their domain LOL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.