• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft IV, what story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
They brainstorm with like 20 people, >.>

I think the corruption actually started happening when the burning legion started infiltrating them.

Level 3
I freakin loved baulders gate, but realistically speaking, what's to stop you from having more than 6 players in a party?Why not have 14?But I digress.I'd like to see creeps play a much bigger role in Warcraft 4.Like maybe instead of a dragon turtle fighting to the death, when he gets down to 500 hit points he gets scared and runs away, presumably into the nearby ocean.Or maybe those trolls run when you come into thier pad with a jillion units, maybe their troll beserker stays behind and gives all the other trolls time to escape, and maybe those trolls get mad at the player that killed their friend, and maybe they decide to attack their undefended base.Or maybe they meet up with some other trolls or surviving creeps and they form a powerful warband to confront this new threat.And if they win the battle they then march on you're base.Or maybe they just run off the map.All this would require a lot of AI work but I'm sure blizzard could do it.On a totally different note, does anybody else think Blizzard is changing, do they seem to be getting, greedier.Or is it just me?

edit: whoops, looks like I forgot to quote, I probably lost a few of you there.

Last edited:
Level 12
I freakin loved baulders gate, but realistically speaking, what's to stop you from having more than 6 players in a party?Why not have 14?But I digress.I'd like to see creeps play a much bigger role in Warcraft 4.Like maybe instead of a dragon turtle fighting to the death, when he gets down to 500 hit points he gets scared and runs away, presumably into the nearby ocean.Or maybe those trolls run when you come into thier pad with a jillion units, maybe their troll beserker stays behind and gives all the other trolls time to escape, and maybe those trolls get mad at the player that killed their friend, and maybe they decide to attack their undefended base.Or maybe they meet up with some other trolls or surviving creeps and they form a powerful warband to confront this new threat.And if they win the battle they then march on you're base.Or maybe they just run off the map.All this would require a lot of AI work but I'm sure blizzard could do it.On a totally different note, does anybody else think Blizzard is changing, do they seem to e getting, greedier.Or is it just me?

Actually half of what you said is already in, but lot of times they die too fast to notice. Creeps were in for only 1 real purpose, to level heroes early game and such.

Level 3
I know right!It's a bunch of bullcrap!And with all the new patches they completly nerfed the creeps!Now they can't even attack a player who passes too close by!They're just waiting to die, there's no point to them anymore,screw creeping, screw leveling:angry:! I just want blizzard to give creeps their balls back, they removed tons and tons of creeps too like on this one map on a sunken ruins setting the creeps are tough enough to effect gameply except in the one place that really matters, the first expansions.Tell me, are their any maps left in TFT where their are still tough creep camps around the whole map?.Also, what half was already in?I only read up to page 10.Or are you talking about the game?

Level 6
I know right!It's a bunch of bullcrap!And with all the new patches they completly nerfed the creeps!Now they can't even attack a player who passes too close by!They're just waiting to die, there's no point to them anymore,screw creeping, screw leveling:angry:! I just want blizzard to give creeps their balls back, they removed tons and tons of creeps too like on this one map on a sunken ruins setting the creeps are tough enough to effect gameply except in the one place that really matters, the first expansions.Tell me, are their any maps left in TFT where their are still tough creep camps around the whole map?.Also, what half was already in?I only read up to page 10.Or are you talking about the game?

Well we personally were talking about the storyline to Wc4, but thats also a good thing to bring up. The creeps were supposed to help the hero level, but to me that is utter crap. They should help level but also have their own AI system. Like for example, we can have a small forest troll village. Not very strong, but not very weak either. They have a set amount of troops, but act similar to how a player acts, only with limited features (no using goldmines/harvesting/building/training) BUT they are able to not only be attacked, but attack as well. Like lets say you discover their base and kill 2-3 of their troops but is forced to retreat cause an enemy player is attacking ur base. When you retreat, the Trolls will know that you are not an ally, so they may send a raiding force to attack your base. But we must remember not to make creeps too strong, just to give them a bit more life then just standing and sleeping LOL. I can picture myself being a Forest Troll High Priest.. just standing there saying: When is that paladin boy gunna kill me? I cant wait all day... hopefully he does it in my sleep. Then we have Forest Troll Trapper Johnson: I hope a night elf kills me *smiles*.

Or even better, maybe we can have 2 different forest troll tribes at war XD. I can imagine AI given to creeps, not player ai but regular, reactive ai.
Also, I dont believe blizzard has gotten greedy, but much more stupider (YES i know thats not a word, but im too lazy to write a real word, like unintelligent or retarded.... even though I took the time to write it now instead of parenthisising it... wait.. is parenthisising a word? Let me check Hive Workshop Spelling Check. IT IS!! Parenthesizing!! kk back to post) Like for example. I remember when I first played WoW. It was the best rpg in the world, pure awesome... but then later on.. revolutionary patches started to take place that pissed me off. I liked it when the battlegrounds could give XP, sadly now it dont. I liked it when it was only Server pvp, where u ALWAYS see the same enemy/allies when you join.. now its battlegroup which = enlargement. As for expansions, I dont mind, but Arthas now is a total faggot no offense to arthas lovers. Arthas is badass to me, but sadly blizzard made arthas without his helmet look wierd and fat. And the voice isn't him... sound like a mix of darth vader and one of those animal cartoons. The voice from wc3 was kickass. "Im succeeding you.... father. " I also hate how blizzard removed the ranking system like Private, Sergeant, in pvp.

Hmm if my laziness doesn't consume me, i will prolly edit one of the melee maps and make a very small edit with an ai system for a creep camp or something. Dunno if I will actually post it on this site though. Since it will be very small >.>. Well, look at the time... its Download youtube music/videos/sexy videos/kinky videos/monkey videos. It is also crack time... or was that yesterday...or tomarow....or.....sleep? *passes out on keyboard from deep thought*

Level 19
Arthas should launch a firm counterattack to destroy Azeroth.
He has the power for it, the will and the might.
Also they should make some Pandaren Empire come in, could be good for WoW.

''The Pandaren Empire took Pandaria over and sended his armies to destroy Azeroth.''
I mean like, then they could make uber Chinese Buildings in the game.

Last edited:
Level 15
I would love for Blizzard to make it so that the Pandaren play a more active role in Wc4. Even if Blizzard decides to make them more of a neutral party, there should be some kind of point in the Campaign where the "bad" guy attacks them without warning, causing all of Pandaria to aid in the battle. That would be awesome in my opinion.

Level 20
Goblins weren't always neutral remember the Second war. Nobody knows really about Panderan. Only one panderan was ever seen in Warcraft so ho can anyone claim anything about them. I am just saying what "can" happen and not what "will". Also panderan were just a joke so in reality they shouldn't have any role but this is thread where we say what we think can happen. It is pure imagination.

And no need for insulting.

Level 20
You misunderstood me. Crusade is nice idea but I don't like the dead Dreadlords that are alive. They remind me little of my people. They can't simply give up and run. They are fighting for what is theirs, for freedom and right to live. Aldo they don't have much chance they still can be useful to Alliance.

Level 20
Well after few hits in the head maybe they will get smarter?
But what I meant was as long as humans are still fighting in Lordearon Theramore human will have reason to go back. I actually don't know much about them because they are from WoW. I kinda don't like WoW lore in most of the cases.

Level 3
In the next warcraft, burning legion returns to outland, blows the shit out of it and heads for azeroth. The Blood Elves, Naga, Draenei and Fel Orcs are all playable races and team up to try and stop the invasion. Night Elves from the warden, Maiev comes to help, but they all lose, travel through portal to azeroth and say "shit! we fucked it up!"

Level 10
I would like to see Warcraft 4 like 100 years after TFT. Lich King and Burning Legion are gone, and peace has settled through Azeroth (just some minor things like gnolls and kobolds attacking), but there is one evil soul on Azeroth, Sargeras!

Level 11
Well they can make seperate story in Wc4... Similar like we are doing with our mod. We have our own region, like you have outland. If they ever make Wc4 I doubht that they could ignore WoW... that would be fail. They can only make either story before wc1 story, or some seperate paralel story.

Level 11
I dont like wow story coz its chaotic. And it continues on wc3-.,č.,čl
but when I think teice, I think wow has his own story about >World< of Warcraft, so it takes full warcraft story. So in fact yea, wc4 should continue where wc3 ended... But we will see Warcraft movie before new wc game. Movie is scheduled for year 2010 or 2011.

Level 9
Isn't Warcraft IV coming out in 2013 (with a couple of reading through Google searches)? Anyways, that's heaps of time before it releases anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.