• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft IV, what story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
There are two things that I'd like to see in WC4

Warcraft - Thats right people. Forget about those silly side things and dungeon runs. Old gods? elemental plains? Sargeras? I'm sick of this stuff that WoW brought along. I hope blizzard sticks to it's old, classic roots, and make warcraft a story about races beating the living poo out of each other. None of this peace stuff. None of the shaky truces. If there are peaces and truths, tell us something like "4 years of peace/truce, now war"

A map maker. Seriously. The only reason warcraft 3 has survived this long is because of the ability to make custom maps.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The ability to make maps of various types, something that wasn't possible in Warcraft II.

Sargeras and Old Gods don't belong to World of Warcraft, they are part of Azeroth's story.

Thinking about it, I wonder if Warcraft 4 is going to be interesting. Sure, new game, new graphics and stuff, that's all cool, but World of Warcraft revealed the entire worlds of Azeroth and Draenor. Can Blizzard bring us anything new and absorbing? I wonder.

Level 6
Because they also belong to Warcraft III, and the older ones, just as much. The old gods and elemental lords didn't magically appear out of nowhere when they made WoW, they've been in the lore for quite a while.

Sargeras is even in talked about in TFT campaign, so I don't know what you're on about there.

As for what I think might happen, I think they'll try to resurrect the ancient animal spirit-thingies that roamed Azeroth a long time ago. Malorne, and those. I don't know how or why, but it's an idea at least :p

Level 6
Alright; don't include WOW in Warcraft 4. Just ingnore it.

This is what the story of Warcraft 4 should and shouldn't include. No new races; we got enough already. No more Demons that come out of a portal to try and destroy a world. We've already had that. No Fel orcs as a playable race, but they can still be an ally to control for certain missions. They are just to close to the regular Orcs. We need unique races. The Orcs, Humans, Undead and Night Elves must go on. Dwarves are unique enough to be made as a separate playable race. No Blood Elves because we already have the Night Elves. Draeni can be the other playable race, so thats six playable races. The Blood elves, Naga, Fel orcs and Dark Horde can be races that you ally with and fight throughout the game. Demons should just continue their role as creeps.

No more "peace crap"! This is Warcraft for crying out loud! Take us back to the good old days of all out War! Only this time include all the races just fighting against each other. It can be the World War of Azeroth! Now, I bet you would ask,"Why; why are all the races fighting each other?"

Here are the Reasons:
1. Power and dominion over Azeroth.
2. To defend their land and race.
3. Just pure hatred.
4. Because they feel like it.
5. Revenge!
6. Because they have no choice.

Warcraft 4 should be a World War.

Level 22
I don't know... firstly I would try to get better at SCII, playing it, laddering etc, and then suddenly War4? I want to play SCII at least for 4-5 years before War4 is out if such thing will be out. Even for mapmakerrs, you make something just for 1-2 years and you wanna throw it away coz an even better game emerges suddenly. If they do war4 it shouldn't be earlier than 4 years of SCII.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well, that's a lot of years waiting for Warcraft 4, most people don't have that much time before needing to throw ourselves to life.

About adding races, they'd most likely add a number of races to form up a faction. The Alliance is composed of Humans, Dwarves and Blood Elves (in melee), for example. The Horde has Orcs, Trolls and Tauren.

And I don't like the idea of having the entire lot of races fighting each other for silly reasons.

Level 6
Are those reasons really silly? Come on, a World War would be awesome! The Fel Orcs would fight just because they feel like it. The Night Elves could fight out of pure Hatred because of what Grom and his Warsong clan did to them during the 3rd War. The New Horde can fight to defend themselves. The Undead fight for Domination and power. Blood Elves fight for power because of their lust for magic. Draeni and Stormwind/Jania's Humans fight because they have no choice; they just get caught up in it. Dwarves fight for their riches because some other race threatens to take all their land and mines. Scarlet Crusade fights for vengeance. Naga fight because they feel like it. The Dark Horde fight for power as well as for just pure Hatred for the New Horde and any other races. Everybody keeps trying to ally with the Goblins because of their ability to make powerful yet secret weapons. And any other minor races just get caught up in the World War. Because this War will become so devastating; the World of Azeroth nearly gets destroyed. It would be an ironic twist. Instead of the Demons trying to destroy the world; the races on the world almost do it themselves.

Ok, I guess a little WOW lore should be included in the story. I also agree that WC4 shouldn't come out till about 4-5 years after SC2, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about a possible story. One more thing; none of us really know what Blizzard will do because they still have to make a movie that's going to take place between WC3 and WOW.

Level 12
The WC Movie is a lie.

And even if they make it... it will probably suck.

How is it a lie if it was confirmed?

And they wouldnt add too many races, look at warhammer for example, before they stopped and went to number 2, they have I think 9 different races, only like 3 unique build styles among them.

3 factions is perfect, its easiest to balance and everything. But I would say make it similar to SC style. No micro management shit, if they are doing this after wotlk(they should).

They should have blood elves and possibly undead as a faction(forsaken is the is the only faction sylvannas isnt allying out of nessessity.)

Tauren/trolls/orcs/goblins-horde

humans/dwarves-gnomes/Draenei-Alliance

And maybe a demonic kind of faction. Or better yet, back to the original concept, horde vs alliance no demonic shit.

Level 12
I can feel it. I just can't see warcraft on the big screen.

Sources please?

Well one guy said it was confirmed, but if you would get up once in a while and read reviews, wc4 never happening is not a option. Including since THAT wasn't even said. the blizz teams work on w/e project they want to work on next, whether its a WoW 2, warcraft 4, starcraft 3, new series, W/e they want to do. And if you read reviews, that wc4 is more then likely the next game on the list, since that already hit there other games with new games, its the warcraft RTS's turn.

Level 13
Well one guy said it was confirmed, but if you would get up once in a while and read reviews, wc4 never happening is not a option. Including since THAT wasn't even said. the blizz teams work on w/e project they want to work on next, whether its a WoW 2, warcraft 4, starcraft 3, new series, W/e they want to do. And if you read reviews, that wc4 is more then likely the next game on the list, since that already hit there other games with new games, its the warcraft RTS's turn.

"Some guy" is not a valid source for me. Aaaaand... Starcraft 2 is still to be released, we already have WoW 3 (WotLK), Diablo 3 is on it's way so... they will have enough money income for years and, let's be honest, money is what moves this bussines, they won't move a finger untill these stop being profitable, and believe me, with the new Bnet system, that date is faaar faaaaaar away.
I wonder if my grandchildren will get the chance to play WC4.

Level 12
They did Wow, they did diablo, they did starcraft 2m warcraft 4 is the next logical choice, and its been hinted many many times in reviews that is more then likely or is the next project.

Level 6
No, they will skip Warcraft 4 and go right to 5 instead. Then they will comeback and do it 20 years after Warcraft 8. It would be like the missing chapter.

Level 3
If they have a Warcraft IV, then Dreadlords better not sparkle.

I had a great idea for WC4 a while ago... I can't really remember much of it, though. I remember something about a hero system where each team has three race choices (horde = orc, tauren, troll, undead could be like skeletal, zombie, and evil human (like death knight and necro) or something) then each race has three class choices...

Level 6
I haven't played WOW in several years (and I thank god I stopped when I did), so I was curious and read through the synopsis of what's happened since the original launch.

Kael has become some kind of lunatic undead mage (who can be killed by a group of 5 random doods), dragon flight have gone to war and killed each other, Illidan is still a wuss, and Kil'Jaeden has been summoned and defeated (? Unless I misread the article).

Sounds like a lot of wtfpwnage that doesn't make any sense to me. Some things could remain the same from WOW (Alliance and Horde split up after their unification at Hyjal), but the major events couldn't remain consistent if the timeline is to continue linearly.

I think it would be best if WC4 started a century or so after Arthas became the Lich King. Many of the immortal characters would still remain, but Azeroth would be changed enough you could develop a strong "protagonist" character (like Arthas was in ROC) and skip over all those silly details (who pwned Ragnaros and got his loot) and chalk up the history as 'well the history books were written by a bunch of daft gnomes who wanted all the glory, so no one really knows what happened'. The story can be developed from there, exploring some of the past events through legend and introducing new conflicts conveniently. Do the Night Elves have their immortality? Who succeeded Thrall? What's the Lich King been doin'? Etc.

Level 1
They can't change to much. I mean what makes a special character special. Exectly what he has been through. Wouldn't it a bit awkard if illidan stormrage. Leader of the Naga and self crowned king of outland has been killed by 25 random guys and girls. Who absolutly have no special history. Would arthas be killed by 25 footman, priests or sommething. no I don't think so. people who kill almost immortal people have to fight for something or someone not just to get level up. wizard i mean Blizzard has to start again from the moment where arthas became lich king. then they have 2 series warcraft (rts) and the mmorpg WoW. that would be best.

Srry for bad English

Level 12
Its a shame hes been banished, kil'jaedin took over, and he was defeated. I think burning legion is a shadow for its former self. What we need is to ignore WoW, and base wc4 and its expansion on this.

Illidan in outland? Or ignore that, and do that as a mid point and do wotlk.

I have a story :D
How about this:
After 10 yrs before the events happened in Azeroth, Sargeras, the Heart of Darkness rises again from his tomb. Azeroth now faces extinction.
The first act(part) is when they'll go to the Old Gods land because of a recently disvocered time portal. To travel to the past, and to gather great heroes.

The second act(part) they are now in the past but dont know how to start. So the adventure begins.

The third part will be the in the present azeroth(they returned). The 4th war begins, great heroes of past and present vs Darkness (sargeras)

:D

Level 12
Old gods are evil and have nothing to do with sargeras, there actually more powerful.

How would sargeras come back? his body is in the tomb but his spirit is banished lol

Level 12
You can revive the body but what about his spirit? Also that body was in there for a very long time lol

Level 18
I never said his spirit was dead, I said it was banished, how do you thin after archimonde died Kil'jaedin took over the burning legion =)

Duh.

Even before Archimonde's death Kil'Jaeden was his superior. The supreme reign over the Legion passed to him after the death of Sargeras' mortal body by the hands of Magna Aegwyn and therefore the banishment (yes, you are correct here) of his spirit from all mortal realms. So he (Sargeras) can now only exist in the Great Dark.

Level 9
I'm making a campaign of a story after Warcraft III (not following WoW). I will leave the story later. I'm glad you brought the topic, and I'll bring more to it once I gather a local group ;) .

Level 9
Woah... Sounds long with 20 pages. There's one with 197 pages in one forum (full of spam), but I'll won't lead to that for now.

Level 12
he was ranked above the now-deceased demon lord, Archimonde.W3Man 93 S&L 60, 154 While Archimonde had led the Legion's armies, Kil'jaeden's agenda was to assimilate every race possible into the folds of the Burning Legion. Since the apparent banishment of Sargeras, he has assumed the role of supreme commander.

Ah, your right, he did naturally have a higher rank, but another part im looking for atm, that he didn't have complete control, since archimonde was around, after he died, kil'jaedin took complete control over the legion

Level 6
I figured it out!

I know exactly how the campaigns will be formed in Wc4! This is from my personal opinion.
1- Ignore WoW storyline completely. Arthas can not be pwned by pesky adventurers.
2- New Race: Blood Elven Alliance or something like that. This will equal Blood Elves + Naga.

The Campaign

Ok, the campaign, like the one for Wc3, will be one campaign for each race. Which means 5 campaigns. (remember, this is including the blood elven alliance one.) Btw this is in no chronological order. Im just making this up as i go along :) (Btw, keep in mind that most likely Blizzard will add new main characters and heroes for each race, so u dont play as the same old heroes all the time. Also, to set up the game for an expansion, at the end of every campaign, there will be a level where that race begins to set up colonies along northrend. Huzzah for King Arthas!

Humans: Old Hatreds

This campaign will be in the perspective of Jaina Proudmoore, and her trying to lead in the city of Theramore. This campaign will be much like the Cycle of Hatred book by Keith DeCanDido, where she will be trying to prevent her city from waging war/fighting with racism with the orcs while trying to undermine the Burning Blade cult that lies withen her city.

Undead: Rise of the Forsaken

Thats right, we will not be playing as King Arthas yet. (Maybe Expansion?) but we will be facing Scarlet Crusaders, Arthas's minions that were left in Loerderon (I cant spell, BITE ME), and the final remnants of what is left of Loaderon's broken kingdom. This campaign will basically be Sylvanas and Vamithras's troubles to form their kingdom from the capital city of Loerderon.

Orcs: I honestly do not know. Some sudgestions for me please? I mean, we are allready doing Cycle of Hatred for Humans.. shall we include parts of that for orcs as well? Hmm...

Night Elves: The Healing of the Land

I guess this campaign will be mostly about restoring the night elves' land that was greatly corrupted. The main enemies here will be like huge clans of satyrs, corrupted furbolgs, and remaining demons I guess.

Blood Elven Alliance: The Outlandish Empire

This will be about Kael and that uhh snake lady.. forgot her name sadly. I have horrible memory. Anyways, it will be about them taking over all of outland. Btw, since im thinking that Blizz wont use WoW's story, then Illidan got owned by arthas and is now dead. So Kael and snake woman, knowing that both the Alliance and the Horde would be against them, retreated back to Outland to form their own empire there.

That is personally what I think. I would hope that they would add new units for the currently existing races. Possibly a new hero as well. The only problem I see is that if they make Blood Elven Alliance.. then would they still leave the spell breakers? What if they replace the Spell Breaker with like a Scarlet Crusader unit or something. Nvm.. just remembered that scarlet crusade ended up getting attacked by alliance as well since they would slaughter "innocents" for thinking they were undead. Tell me what you guys think of this. Btw this is how my face looks right now, since i just drank 5 cans of coke and I am also listening to system of a down music in a tiny dark room. :razz:

Level 12
Actually, the scarlet crusade as a faction would be pretty great

Scarlet Crusade

Stormwind Alliance(with theremore, and remember NE and dwarves too)

Horde

Forsaken(maybe?)

wc4 campaigns might not too significant like traveling to outland, scarlet Crusade would actually be a nice faction to delve into and focus on, with also later campaigns into outland. And the expansion could be about Lich King, then we could have undead/scarlet onslaught/stormwind alliance/horde

If we stick with just 4 races thing can be good to go, because this way the races can have quite different tech trees

Level 6
thing is that now, most likely arthas will be taking and establishing his true empire on northrend, so while all of the campaigns are going on, he would be making his base, raising the dead, and other fun stuff. But there should be a part in a campaign where King Arthas gives a taste of his power. Im waiting for the day where Blizz will stop making expansions for WoW temporarily, and make that new WC4 expansion for wc3 :). Also maybe we should replace that elven alliance with scarlet crusade.... I have always been a fan of that order. (Like the Templars!) But in my opinion, at the end of the scarlet crusade campaign, the order should fall. Because they have gone insane now attacking anyone and accusing them of undead. But not before they beat the $hit out of the forsaken!!! Then after their campaign finishes, then forsaken campaign starts where they have to forge their empire. And now... I shall pass out. I had no sleep last night, worked my a$$ off in the backyard today as well.

Last edited:
Level 12
thing is that now, most likely arthas will be taking and establishing his true empire on northrend, so while all of the campaigns are going on, he would be making his base, raising the dead, and other fun stuff. But there should be a part in a campaign where King Arthas gives a taste of his power. Im waiting for the day where Blizz will stop making expansions for WoW temporarily, and make that new WC4 expansion for wc3 :). Also maybe we should replace that elven alliance with scarlet crusade.... I have always been a fan of that order. (Like the Templars!) But in my opinion, at the end of the scarlet crusade campaign, the order should fall. Because they have gone insane now attacking anyone and accusing them of undead. But not before they beat the $hit out of the forsaken!!! Then after their campaign finishes, then forsaken campaign starts where they have to forge their empire. And now... I shall pass out. I had no sleep last night, worked my a$$ off in the backyard today as well.

Scarlets would be a great faction, first being good, then gone evil. This could also introduce the ashbringer, and mograine. Then it can actually lead to the deathknights being freed during the expansion... That would be awesome..

But yea, getting a hint of it would be great, Arthas is idle, Kel'thuzad isn't

Level 6
I know how they would go evil. At first they will be good at first of course, defending the remnant villages as much they can, but then when they see that the infection spreads too easily, they all go insane, killing any human that is not part of the order. The character the person will play as will be the only one actually noticing the insanity that is going on in the order, which is why at the end he will get arrested for " conspiracy of treason ". lol It will be cool if Blizzard somehow went into hive workshop, and ended up looking at this post. Of course its a 0.05% chance but still a chance :). Hm...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.