1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft IV, what story?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Airandius, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    After reading this tread about Warcraft 4 being something we would consider I had this thing on my mind..

What will the game actualy be based on?
    You know the main story line?

Like what do you want to happen?
    What races would you like to see?
    Who will fight whom for what reason, that kind of stuf, what story will we see?

Personaly I would actualy like blizzard ignore the fact they ever made WoW and continue Warcraft IV after the events of Warcraft III.
    Like each race will actualy become a playable race. You can play as Elves[Blood], Humans, Dwarfs instaid of just, the humans.

Illidan and Arthas etc are all dead! Yes! xD
    But now the world faces a new treath, the destruction of Azeroth!
    Some evil race from a different planet (like outland it connects between a portal) and out that portal a group of powerfull creatures come destroying the world.
    At first you have to liek defend them but it's in vain so most races retreath to outland and try to counter attack from there but fel orcs, draenei and demons (all playable races ofourse :p) will try to kill other races.

Meh this would seem nice to me. xD

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  2. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Someone once said that Blizzard once said that if they one time would do WC4, they would ignore the storyline of WoW, no I got no source for this.

3. The Last Istari

The Last Istari

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, it's true, they said they wouldn't (much to the rage of WoW players).

4. Urlock

Urlock

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just make WoW Cannon Discontinuity and continue from after Arthus becomes one with the Lich King. Problem solved.

5. The Last Istari

The Last Istari

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's what they would do. Even though it'd piss people off that their character MrBeeches37123 didn't singlehandedly kill Arthas and become the Lich King.

6. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I've seen absolutely no source for those claims. I presume they'd say that some random adventurers killed them

After all, a bunch of random adventurers lead by Lothar killed Medivh in the first place

As for what happens, anything could happen. If you went to a WC2 forum and told them that WC3 would be about an undead invasion and Lorderan getting wiped out, along with orcs moving to conquer a new land with their shamanistic ways and encountering wild, savage elves who end up helping them to defeat demons, I wouldn't be surprised if no one believed you

7. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm, yeh oke that might all be true, but I wanted to ask what you might think about the story.
    Like what do you want to happen?
    What races would youlike to see?
    Who will fight whom for what reason, that kind of stuf what story will we see. :p
    I'll xif my tread I gues.. xD

8. wugiboy

wugiboy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    well in wc1 it was several footmen, crossbowmen(archer), knights, cleric, and conjurers who did that..

now, not straying too far off as that has since been retconned and added in Lothar and Khadgar into the mix

I would be happy if some of the events in WoW(not all) would be retconned, some are good and do not contradict the previous games, and some are just plain dumbshit

9. Newuser

Newuser

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they just said "WoW'" is alternative universe and Warcraft 4 a different universe, that way they can do whatever they want with the story.

Sony did that for Everquest 1 and 2. instead of connecting the two games together in story, Everquest 1 and 2 are considered in different universes from each other.

That means, they can still make expansion packs/extra story to Everquest 1 while still doing whatever they want with Everquest 2;

Now, not sure what Blizzard will do, but I'm guessing it's easiest for them and for us to just either ignore some of WoW's story or just ignore all of it(like consider it alt. universe).

10. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That would be very nice indeed. (Going to hope they do that.)
    However I want Blizzard to make ALOT of races if they are going to make it. :p

11. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't forget Final Fantasy, twelve times.

12. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    If warcraft IV will come...

Arthas will pwn everyone >.>

13. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No way, in Warcraft IV he died, but he and Sylvannas had children! xD
    And now they are going to destroy earth! >=D

One of the most likely scenarios they will make... xD

14. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nope, he will only suffer from memory loss and then he will be found again ;) .

15. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah sure he just died. If they do kill of the main characters like that, then blizzard may officially call themselves retards and announce that they fail at lore but win at making gameplay.

16. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    /agree

anyway, even if he stays dead, Sargeras is still out there so... who knows what's his next goal

oh and:
    wc4 using somewhat better graphics than wow, but based on it would really really rock... imagine all close-camera maps you could make, without being ashamed of textures and model quality your camera is staring at

17. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hehe, if they will make wc4 (if they make it) the same as wc3, mappers and modelers ect will have a though job making good quality stuf. :p

18. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Quite contrary, it would be much easier to just rebuild our good stuff in those maps than to make it from scratch for sc2

19. Masiah

Masiah

Resources:
    Resources:
    You, young sir, have a problem. (Jk)

There was a thread about this before. No WC4 untill WoW has milked every MMORPG player his last dolar from his pocket.

20. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Take note I keep saying, if they make it.. :p

Oh but I think it will be harder on mapmakers, their maps and terrains might look fubah (my word xD) with so many details, it would be hard to make it look like that.. :p

And people I was asking for a storyline of what you would like to see kinda.. xD