• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft IV, what story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Okay, so here is the deal. For those of you who dont know, Im very stubborn, and here is what i have to say(oppinion, not fact).

- Not including the WoW Lore is like abandoning a baby that you dont like. A good parent just doesnt do that.
- Including the WoW Lore will not be pleasant. There are just to few "major threats" left, unless they ressurect a bunch of bad guys like Mal'Ganis or maybe corrupt some of the good guys.
- Somehow we need a new "main character". In Wc3, Arthas was kind of a main character, since many parts of the campaign as a whole were about something connected to him.
- No new race, or atleast dont make it like "omgz, we are storming ur landz, here is our supreme leader with super powerz who will kill you all" with this "supreme leader" as the main "bad guy"

In conclusion, for me, it will take much work and even more creativity for this to turn out well, but I hope that blizzard will rise and shine again like the lone star they once were in my oppinion

Level 13
Wouldn't be as popular as a new piece of lore considering that there is a full colection of books about the first invasion of the Legion.

Level 5
Lets say i know that WC4 will have 4 new races and be able to build a beatyfull cities.Terrian will be destroyable(will have option to be deformated)plus auras will protect cities.Now if you ask me how do i know all this,well...I would have to kill you :D

Level 13
Tell me, I don't mind death. Too many people are after my head lately, one more won't make much difference.

Level 13
As having Two Thunderfurys', or two Sulfuras' Hammer, or two Ashkandies' or any other item suposedly unique.
I thought about the system that Blizzard uses to continue in the lore timeline and I started liking. They are indeed killing all the villians, but that doesn't mean that new ones won't come into the light.

Level 18
Hmmm. Plot of Warcraft IV, you say. It should be something related to the Old Gods. I would like to see more Murlocs as well. And yep, more of the Legion.

About the WoW lore: Well, Illidan and Arthas will be alive and kicking, I hope. As for some other events, for example the summoning of Kil'Jaeden, oh well... Kael failed bcause of rebellious Blood Elves. Yes, epic fail, and M'uru redeemed the Blood Elven race.

But now the world faces a new treath, the destruction of Azeroth!
Some evil race from a different planet (like outland it connects between a portal) and out that portal a group of powerfull creatures come destroying the world.
At first you have to liek defend them but it's in vain so most races retreath to outland and try to counter attack from there but fel orcs, draenei and demons (all playable races ofourse :p) will try to kill other races.

Meh this would seem nice to me. xD[/I]

I know it's a bit late to be quoting the first post.. But..

Did the exact same thing not happen with the Orcs invading Azeroth? I think it did.

Level 13
Some say history repeats itself. Why shouldn't this fenomen happen in Warcraft too?

Level 7
Fools! Argh you are all Fools, You dont know whats coming to get ya! Goblin! Aye, Goblin are coming for you!

(Sorry could'nt resist ^^) But seriously if blizzard made a goblin race that would pwn, I myself have tried making one but since my computers many crashes none of my own projecs get done ^^ (I know i suck at backin thing up).

Anyway think about it, The Trailer could be like maybe some humans that are fighting some other race and have paid some goblins to fight with them, And then when the fight has begun the goblins awesome machines and stuff comes out of the earth and from the sky (or whatever) and basicly ''Ownz'' the enemy army.

When the enemy is routed the human general says something like ''Damn we are going to have to watch our backs from the goblins in the future'' (To he's second in command or whatever) and ''BAAM'' some goblin assasin or something else thats ''Badass'' kills him and the goblins attack the surrounded humans! Then it fades out with some text like ''The goblis are coming''

Ok it has some flaws but still could be kinda cool and the goblins could really have some new cool units! I atleast have alot of ideas in my mind :D

Sorry if i went abit off topic, and also sorry for all my (''or something'')

Okay. That would be pathetic if the whole thing were based around Goblins. The entire backstory would be related to getting gold just for pure greed. I wouldn't mind having them as a race though, but I doubt it would happen. Especially considering they're just a merchant race and don't have any specific alignment or heavy participation in the war effort.

Level 7
Okay. That would be pathetic if the whole thing were based around Goblins. The entire backstory would be related to getting gold just for pure greed. I wouldn't mind having them as a race though, but I doubt it would happen. Especially considering they're just a merchant race and don't have any specific alignment or heavy participation in the war effort.

Ok im sorry it really came out wrong, I was just thinking ''Green'' when i wrote it. Of course the whole thing cant be based around goblins, that would be dumb since they dont have a big role in any of the other warcraft games. I just meant it would be cool if their would be a new warcraft goblin race and perhaps a goblin campaign, But that doesent mean that they cant have a Orc,Human,Undead,Nightelf (or other races) campaigns.

Actually it would be kinda cool if the goblins were just merged into The Horde again in Wc4 and You can have Goblin units in the orc race aswell as Orcs, Taurens and Trolls.

True if the campaign was mostly based on goblins it would be Dumb!

The most important factors is that Blizzard makes a good Campaign with as good fluff as the Wc3 campaigns.

Level 17
Hmm, I was thinking...
Why race this, race that... I'd rather see fractions this time, fractions each having a few races.
Like having the alliance with human, elf, dwarf (lol wc3 already has that). The old horde back! With orc's orgre's and trollz. Maybe some rebel fractions with renegades in it.
Some power maniacs that hire creeps for their army so u could have a fraction of orc's satyrs, and undead? xD

Now something like that would be cool.
Or humans ditching dwarfs and elfs and going yayz with gobbies.

Level 12
Here are my thoughts in this topic.

Really guys, to me, world of warcraft really just looks like a spin off of the actual story, instead of controlling armies, it puts you into a perspective of a young hero that eventually becomes a very powerful being. But of course, theres no logic in it, there are plot holes. Of course it doesn't actually make sense.

Doesn't matter what anyone's ignorant thoughts on how they aren't going to make a Warcraft 4. What official source stated there will never be a sequel? Directly from blizzard, not magazines or any of that, those kind of things aren't quite reliable. What about starcraft 2? it took them more then 10 years just to get around to making a sequel, well to be technical, less then 10 years, but didn't announce it or gave away until roughly 2-3 years after they started working on the basic blue prints of it.

Anyone who thinks there won't be one is seriously just a fool that knows nothing of gaming companies. if it makes money, if it has a large fan base, they WILL make a sequel to it. Look at CoD, Final fantasy, star war games, books, Zelda, Mario, Dragonball Z, metal gear solid, and so on. Like most gaming companies, they sometimes split 1 franchises into 2 or more kinds of games, or I call, spin offs of each other, have alternate universes of the same thing, just different lore or different outcomes. This often happens a lot, including in movies, one in particular is a old classic Highlander 2, a Renegade version, a spin off of the original series.

Whether you like it or not, its inevitable, a 4th will come, and a 5th, and more spins offs will emerge as it gets more popular and Blizzard grows, though they take there time, they don't really "rush" things, they make sure things are balanced, make it as great as possible, give it, its bling, what makes it addicting, its features that allow you to expand your experience. Some games in MY opinion don't have this, some are C&3(Command&conquer 3) And a bunch of other newer games that different sites claim its "9/10!!!"

Warcraft Franchise is a franchise thats a lot more expandable then starcraft or diablo. Because of its peticular lore, there is just so much you can use, so much you can create, add, it almost has no limits. There is so much lot of people realize that hasn't been used yet. Like some said, some of the old gods, Deathwing, old heroes and bad heroes can rise up to power, with how blizzard made warcraft, you can keep it on going forever, I'm serious, this kind of franchise, gives many, MANY to use imagination, and gives more inspiration.

Right now, Warcraft split into 2 different franchises, both with the same lore blue prints, but very different at the same time, how things are approached, the different genres are different, and are handled different. Both Franchises will continue over time, this isn't EA, where they make a game in a year or less and throw it on the shelves, they do it just for money. Blizzard does it for money too, however, they have other goals, they want to make the best games at there highest ability, making it playable and enjoyable to all.

As have many said, they said they would ignore WoW, this is true, it was in a review. Lot of people have read but, but like me, we don't remember where the article is located, and if we looked for it, we might not find it, at least easy. the only successful way they could do this is to either

A.) Start fresh, and go from around 5+ years after Wow.

B.) Ignore wow, and look at what happened in a different perspective on what happened.

C.) Make a prequel of before warcraft.
This means no humans, but story focuses on the ereder and the orcs on dreanor, this would give it 3 races, Burning Legion, Dreanei, and the orcs. Sense the orcs is almost the key race in warcraft.

Btw Dawn of wars races arn't Unique, only a couple actually are, but each races besides I think elder, Necrons are the unique races, all the others really are just copies of each other, each having the same kinds of units, same classes, but normally other super units and heroes. Its balanced but not unique. You guys may think its cool to have all these cool races but its not, the less the better, because of balancing and making each race unique.

Level 8
First of all, I would like to point out this site. I don't know how accurate it is, but it looks interesting.

It would be cool if they fast-forwarded the plot a couple hundred (thousand?) years. At this point in time, the kingdoms of men have fallen into civil war and decay. The campaign could be, the player starts as the ruler of a small province, and attempts to reunite the humans.

Level 12
Only way that can happen is if it was a prequel. And there are barely any nerubians left, Lich King turned most of them, now theres just a small batch here and there.

Level 21
I hope that Warcraft IV will go back to humans and orcs.I am sick of all the elves.Night Elves,High Eves, Blood Elves, Naga ,Forsaken ,Satyr(well they are some kind of dark elves).I hope that warcraft 4 will start with humans in Lordearon,Stormwind and Dwarves in Khaz Modan how they will try to save as many as they can from war of undead vs forsaken.Then next campaign will how Lich King starts invasion of Kalimdor but before that he takes control over Forsaken again (who are part of the Scoruge no mather what they or anybody says).But Naga and whats left of the blood Elves try to stop him.But Bloods divide in two groups one who goes back to Dreanor to feed on fel magic and those who realise that Keal has lost his mind and go to Kalimdor to find Night elves but find Theramor Humans who don't know what hapend in Lordearon because Humans and Orcs have lost connections with Lordearon (who would they know it's not like have phones it is far from them and they have other problems with each other)...But Kil'jaden will take control over Ilidans forces that are left on Dreanor (in this story Ilidan is dead as Muradin ,Balnazar,Mal Ganis...).Then good forces will divise a plan to stop Arthas with attack on Frozen Throne.So United forces of all living of Azeroth(including creeps) will fight in epic battle and when arthas is nearly defeted Kilj'aden comes with his armies and starts to attack good who are all vounded then suddenly Ner"zhul and arthas jump on back of Kil'jaden because of combine hatred and destroy them selves.Then undead are again lifeless and all living rejoice.And at the end there will be clip of forgeten one who says that know is time to take back what is rightfully theirs so Warcraft V will have some place to start off.Then we will talk whow will warcraft Iv will die......
And ultimately I shut up.Happy

Level 12
I hope that Warcraft IV will go back to humans and orcs.I am sick of all the elves.Night Elves,High Eves, Blood Elves, Naga ,Forsaken ,Satyr(well they are some kind of dark elves).I hope that warcraft 4 will start with humans in Lordearon,Stormwind and Dwarves in Khaz Modan how they will try to save as many as they can from war of undead vs forsaken.Then next campaign will how Lich King starts invasion of Kalimdor but before that he takes control over Forsaken again (who are part of the Scoruge no mather what they or anybody says).But Naga and whats left of the blood Elves try to stop him.But Bloods divide in two groups one who goes back to Dreanor to feed on fel magic and those who realise that Keal has lost his mind and go to Kalimdor to find Night elves but find Theramor Humans who don't know what hapend in Lordearon because Humans and Orcs have lost connections with Lordearon (who would they know it's not like have phones it is far from them and they have other problems with each other)...But Kil'jaden will take control over Ilidans forces that are left on Dreanor (in this story Ilidan is dead as Muradin ,Balnazar,Mal Ganis...).Then good forces will divise a plan to stop Arthas with attack on Frozen Throne.So United forces of all living of Azeroth(including creeps) will fight in epic battle and when arthas is nearly defeted Kilj'aden comes with his armies and starts to attack good who are all vounded then suddenly Ner"zhul and arthas jump on back of Kil'jaden because of combine hatred and destroy them selves.Then undead are again lifeless and all living rejoice.And at the end there will be clip of forgeten one who says that know is time to take back what is rightfully theirs so Warcraft V will have some place to start off.Then we will talk whow will warcraft Iv will die......
And ultimately I shut up.Happy

Sorry but the Forsaken are not a part of the scourge, the scourge is just a undead army controlled by the Lich King, the forsaken are those who broke apart from the lich kings control and away from the scourge, and they are the forsaken.

Btw everything you said past that part confused the hell out of me.. Can you use the enter button in some points please? And use proper grammar and such =O

Level 21
Sorry I wanted to say they were part of the Scoruge, but now when Lich King is at full power what is going to stop him to simply take forsaken back to the Scoruge with his powers.

Nerubians were able to resist for some time but Lich king turn them dead too.
Only undead powerful to save their will are Revnents.
So forsaken will probably be reduced to few powrful like Sylvanas.

Sorry for my bad grammar I am not English.I will not write that much again.

Better

Last edited:
Level 12
Sorry I wanted to say they were part of the Scoruge, but now when Lich King is at full power what is going to stop him to simply take forsaken back to the Scoruge with his powers.

Nerubians were able to resist for some time but Lich king turn them dead too.
Only undead powerful to save their will are Revnents.
So forsaken will probably be reduced to few powrful like Sylvanas.

Sorry for my bad grammar I am not English.I will not write that much again.

Better

Ah, I see, I understand now about you not being english =P.

Just because something was under control doesn't mean it can simply get control back, in the first place, Lich King brought back the dead, and took away there free will, thus they can't make decisions or resist the Lich King, so he could keep them under control, when Lich King was damage he lost control of a large portion of his army(Small?) he tried getting back control, but like I said it goes back to the will to want to resist, they now have the will, however they can't die, which gives them the curse.

Level 21
But Lich King is at full power now (I don't care about WOW story),And he has ability of mental control.
And I believe that Arthas will firsttake care of Forsakens.
Maybe some Forsaken will have their will but their ghouls , Abominations and undead that lost their inteligence will be easy to take back.
They don't have will power to resist.

And as I said only Renavents can't be under Lich Kings control.

Level 13
Nerubians were immune to the Plague and any kind of mind control powers that Ner'zhul had... all the nerubian warriors of the Scourge were those killed in the War of the Spider and later ressurected by the Necromancers.

Level 13
If you ignore WoW Lore, you must consider that the Lich King is still weak after the power leak he had during the attack of Illidan's forces.

Level 21
Yes I ignore wow lore and No I don't consider that Lich King is still week.
He is freed from Frozen Throne and now he is merged with Arthas.
He doesn't need to worry about losing his powers through crack in throne.
If he is still week why did he bother to merge with Arthas if he doesn't get anything from it.

Level 13
Exactly... Arthas was just his key to freedom... he actually inverted too much power into the plan, so he is weaker now.

Level 12
But he isn't weak, he needed to be free and regain his power, which over the years he did, while planning, hes still can be considered the most powerful being in azeroth. Including fusing with Arthas, when Ner'zhul fused with Arthas, he become more powerful then ever.

Level 21
Forsaken

So what if they are free.Orcs were free and that didn't stop Mannaroth to inslave them.
Arthas had free will to,Medive had free will.Free will doesn't stop mental powers.
And I still say that Lich King is at full power because he is FREE.

Level 12
You can't use Orcs as a example, or Mannoroth, considering he didn't just "inslave" them... They were tricked the first time and were very ignorant an the second time Grom and his clan were very desperate and were tricked. Mediv DIDNT have free will, because he was in control by Sargeras, Arthas has free will but that has nothing to do with it, he was led to darkness, he made his choices on his own. Sorry but all those examples are very bad ones lol.

Level 21
Alright how about when Sylvanas was alive.Her will didn't stop her to become Banshee.

For orcs you are right they were tricked.Grom said That they have free will but Mannaroth just laughed because it wasn't true.

Medive wasn't possessed whole his life.Or was he?

Arthas doesn't have will or feelings.Mal Ganis said to Arthas when he saw Frostmourne in his hand that Lich King whispers through sword.
Lich King controls Arthas through Frostmourne.Does that sound like free will.

Forsaken were created by Lich King and thus they belong to him.It is just waiting to be happened.He controls death.

Level 16
Alright how about when Sylvanas was alive.Her will didn't stop her to become Banshee.

For orcs you are right they were tricked.Grom said That they have free will but Mannaroth just laughed because it wasn't true.

Arthas doesn't have will or feelings.Mal Ganis said to Arthas when he saw Frostmourne in his hand that Lich King whispers through sword.

Forsaken were created by Lich King and thus they belong to him.It is just waiting to be happened.He controls death.

Brate, he speaks of arthas before he even touched the bloody sword

Level 12

Sorry... No offense but you have no clue what your talking about... Mannoroth laughed because that fact mortals like orcs and humans are easily decieved, as in tricked, they have free will, but can be easily tricked, and Mannoroth tricked them twice, and enslaved them twice. Medive was BORN with Sargeras in him, he didn't take control of him until around a teen if I remember correctly, and over time he took more control of him. Like I said Arthas was LED to darkness, to the point the Lich King was in control, Arthas let it.

Also on the first part... Sylvannas DIED, A.K.A KILLED by ARTHAS, and ARTHAS brought her back to LIFE, as a SLAVE, it was until Lich King was weakened he lost control of her, and she wasn't a slave.

Sorry you haven't made your point, because what you have said makes no sense to people who actually know a lot about the lore, and the meaning.

Level 21
So Lich King will just take her back.If Arthas kiled her once he will do so again(not literal).
Orcs were idiots... end of story.
Medive was unlucky
Arthas had a choise but he made wrong one.

As i said before Lich King rules dead and dead are his and no free will is going to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.