• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4 rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Ok i have seen like a video trailer or something about a warcraft 4 i just want to know do any of you belive that they would make a 4th one and would you play it?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Yes they will make a fourth one. I even heard somewhere that one of the blizzard managers mentioned it by mistake. However as their staff is already split between 3 games (WoW, D3 and SC2), I dought it is even in development. If it is, it will probably be using a modified SC2 engine as they have finished coding that and so those programmers probably have reduced workload so logically they will be redirected to that.

Anyway, SC2 will be long out before WC4. Probably D3 will be out before WC4.

If a WC4 was to be made, like I said it would be impossiable to be released before SC2. However, if it uses a modified SC2 engine, it could be released inbetween the last of the 2 SC2 expansions or slighly later. If it uses a custom engine, you are looking at another 2-3 years of work atleast before it is capable of doing anything.

Thus focus on SC2, atleast until it is released rather than trying to skip to WC4.

Level 4
I'm curious to how a wc4 would fit into the story, as i thought that WoW was suppose to be the continuation. (Just kinda makes me think a wc4 is impossible)

Level 9
heard the same as trax. I'm sure they'll make a WC4 but until it is set in stone I will not 100% believe the rumors. As to the story? Well I mean some on WoW is the end. I mean its a story about an entire world. It's not going to be ended like that. Anyways it would be nice to see a new one. Especially to see what they do with the WE.

Level 9
I'd rather see the story expanded through WC4 than WoW anyways. From what i read about the WoW story line it sounded stupid. I don't know why people can't get past the idea of WoW being something they couldn't go past. I mean come on REALLY?

Level 4
I'd rather see the story expanded through WC4 than WoW anyways. From what i read about the WoW story line it sounded stupid. I don't know why people can't get past the idea of WoW being something they couldn't go past. I mean come on REALLY?

Thats what i was thinking they'd do, just kinda shove wow's storyline away like some bastard child.

Level 5
Yes they are making it. Rob Pardo said so. Hmm a pack?
8611warcraftivorigcn2.png

Level 5
Rob Pardo
The big news from BlizzCon yesterday was that Starcraft II would be released as three separate titles, but an interesting piece of information was let slip during a Starcraft panel.

According to several sources working from BlizzCon transcripts, during one of the development panels for Starcraft II one of the panelists made mention of Wacraft IV.

While discussing the unorthodox Starcraft II release plans, executive vice-president of game design for Blizzard, Rob Pardo let slip that the Warcraft IV campaigns would be released in the same episodic manner.

Level 13
I heard even more about this rumor, even to the point that blizzard might halt SC2's process to start WC4. The reason blizzard is even doing WC4 at all is because WoW is dieing, there is no more lore to put in there are no legendary characters/items etc..

So their proposal is to make WC4 in order to keep WoW running smooth.
How is WoW dying!?

Level 34
How is WoW dying!?

Kids grow up.

What I hugely disadvise to Blizzard, is to continue with the WoW story. Come on? That means all NPCs, heroes, important characters, Arthas, Kael, Thrall AND SO ON - has died. Seriously, do we want to see a fanatical German WoWplayer called _-xXAdolf-HilterXx-_ (no offense though) to be the Lich King? No. Do you want to see your favorite yellow dragon to be killed in the game? No..?

Continuing from the WoW story is like putting peanut butter in your shoes and have them on all week.

Level 4
Really dont believe that wc 4 is coming. Blizzard already gets a lot of money from wow and i think they are going to keep the story continuing in there. But it would be nice

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
WC4 will probably come eventually, but currently what you are saying is that will Sims 6 come out next year? Yes it is unrelated, but there is no dought there will be a sims 6, just it will not be out for a long time as they are only just releasing 3.

Only bother discussing a WC4 once SC2 + expansions are out and maybe D3, as then they lack projects and so have the heighest chance to be working on a WC4.

Level 30
I knew this before and I still find this an exciting thread :D
I can't wait for wc3 although i'll need to pira- i mean buy new 3d tools etc >.> I'm not really up for that. And i'll also have to have my new computer by then ... and i only managed to save about 650 euros >.> Although, if it's only in 2-3 years i'll have time enough :D ... I hope.

Level 34
wc 4 sounds like impossible to me too. but they should make a TOTAL history if they will make it..

or they may make a remake of WoW's storyline or something..

Warcraft 4; 20.000 years in the future, where humans in cool armoured suits fight against hordes of savage space orcs. The scourge is woke up again and got cool rayguns and stuff.

Wait, this reminds me of something..

Last edited:
Level 12
Warcraft 4; 20.000 years in the future, where humans in cool armoured suits fight against hordes of savage space orcs. The scourge is woke up again and got good rayguns and stuff.

Wait, this reminds me of something..

no, actually Warcraft's history isn't a thing like that :D
and it's already passed over 10.000 years from beginning of Warcraft, in Warcraft's current storyline.. so it's a bit different :D
but I really want to see the REAL defeat of Sargeras

Level 34
I don't see why they wouldn't already be working on it. If I remember correctly, they were working on WoW before wc3 even came out. Blizzard doesn't have 10 employees, they've got multiple teams, and there's a lot of work to do before even announcing. Blizzard almost always seems to announce well into production.

Status
Not open for further replies.