• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 and Warcraft 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ok, I have a couple of questions for all of you people out there.

Number one: when Starcraft 2 comes out, will you stop playing Warcraft 3?

Number two: what do you think the odds are of Warcraft 4 ever coming out? (And don't tell me WoW is Warcraft 4, dammit.....)

Level 5
I won't stop playing warcraft 3 because of just it having a lot of DOTA in it, I'm going to stop playing it because when war3 came out, I stopped playing SC most of the time, so when SC2 comes out, I'll stop playing war3 most of the time. But since I loved sc so much, I went back once in a while. But I don't think I may do that with war3, since I think SC > Warcraft

Level 24
I won't stop playing warcraft 3 because of just it having a lot of DOTA in it, I'm going to stop playing it because when war3 came out, I stopped playing SC most of the time, so when SC2 comes out, I'll stop playing war3 most of the time. But since I loved sc so much, I went back once in a while. But I don't think I may do that with war3, since I think SC > Warcraft

I'm in a similar position, so "yes" seems appropriate. I'll come on, check custom games, if it's pretty much only DotA and I'm too lazy to host something for myself, I'll go back to SCII.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WC4 will probably start devlopment as soon as SC2 is complete. So expect it 2012-2016. And I will probably stop playing WC3 when SC2 comes, since SC2 needs exploration and custom mappers. Warcraft needs another RTS to devlop the plot enough for a WoW2 since shit all happened in WoW storyline wise.

Level 26
I want to believe i won't stop playing, like i wanted to believe i wouldn't stop playing starcraft when i got wc3, but that won't and didn't happen. i occasionally will play wc3 because i get tired of single genres sometimes (though future is my fave).

warcraft 4..probably. If WoW didn't kill wc3, it would only make it stronger... and then the wc3 will level up to become wc4, at least i hope.

Level 24
WC4 will probably start devlopment as soon as SC2 is complete. So expect it 2012-2016. And I will probably stop playing WC3 when SC2 comes, since SC2 needs exploration and custom mappers. Warcraft needs another RTS to devlop the plot enough for a WoW2 since shit all happened in WoW storyline wise.

Or they could pull an EverQuest and just release expansion upon expansion until WoW graphics have been outdated for 10 years.

Level 8
Or they could pull an EverQuest and just release expansion upon expansion until WoW graphics have been outdated for 10 years.
Na, Blizzard's not stupid. I would highly doubt that they would do that. They do have some sence of quality of their games.

Level 10
Ok, I have a couple of questions for all of you people out there.

Number one: when Starcraft 2 comes out, will you stop playing Warcraft 3?

Number two: what do you think the odds are of Warcraft 4 ever coming out? (And don't tell me WoW is Warcraft 4, dammit.....)

1. Probably not. I need my fantasy, damnit.
2. WoW is Warcraf- *gets beaten over the head and shot*

Level 26
1. Probably not. I need my fantasy, damnit.
I need my warcraft fantasies too... wait..
2. WoW is Warcraf- *gets beaten over the head and shot*
Are they that merciful? Seriously though, if you were beaten in the head and shot over warcraft, it would become the new DnD, as in it would be labeled as "occult" and the equivalent to "witches, ouija boards, crystal balls, and drinking animal blood" and will become famous among harry potter as deadly.... then Jack Chick will have something else to make a stupid preaching comic about...

Status
Not open for further replies.