• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard leaks 5-year plan! No mention of WC4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Warcraft 4 obviously can't come in the coming years since many Warcraft fans are playing WoW and many RTS fans are playing Starcraft II, the audience is simply too small at the moment. There's no reason to blame Activision for everything that's bad.

Level 3
It's because Bobby Kotick thinks these games wont give him the ability to exploit them over and over and over again(i.e. WoW). Basically, games that have no chance for expansions or bonus packs - cancel. Now now now.

In his place you would have done the same really.

Level 20
Actually there are hundreds if not thousands of games that had a fanbase worthy of a sequel but they didn't get it due to corporate greed.

e.g. Neverwinter Nights (ok yeah... there was a sequel but it wasn't made by bioware and oh dear did it show >.<).

And no wciv? PREPOSTEROUS!

They finish WoW, wow nerds cry, they bring out wciv but go RPGify it (like even more than war3) and market it at Dota/WoW players.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Seriously it's about pre-sales (with RTS's, obviously not MMOs), if 2million wow nerds pre-order warcraft iv thinking it can substitute wow and then realise they don't like it, meh, blizz will make wciv. THEY WILL it just might be a while... hence our attempts at converting sc2.

The very word "Warcraft" is a cash cow, blizz ain't gonna let it run dry.

Level 24
If, if WC4 was to be announced, it would probably occur years from now, and after the announcement, release would be even more years away. I'd be be over 20 for sure and perhaps I would even have lost my love for Warcraft, so I don't care too much either way. WC4 or not, we still got WC3.

Level 21
A lot of people are saying that WoW is Warcraft IV from the start, but now its just messing up with the lore and storyline and nothing makes sense anymore.

Well anyway looking forward to the expansions and really excited for the new year.

Level 12
Warcraft is awesome whatever Blizzard does but we as the players should somehow (peacefully of course) force Blizzard to make Warcraft IV they're spending time on WoW but warcraft is what 10 years old and will be played unitill a new expansion comes out soo...

Level 3
The only time a Warcraft IV could appear is 1-2 years after the second Starcraft II expansion is released. This is because their RTS team will then be free to work on a new RTS which will eithor be something completly new and unrelated to previous work or it will be Warcraft IV.

Another SC2 expansion comming up.
(Protoss)

So WC4 has the SLIGHT chance of comming in 5 years from now.

Level 19
Hmm... But from the way Blizzard works, I can sense that they might surprise us with a Warcraft IV to continue the plot, then create another WoW Expansion after or just another genre of Warcraft Games (RTS, RPG, etc.).
Remember, almost all of Blizzard's games are awesome, so if they make Warcraft IV, there would be a way for them to promote their other games too, or even make a newer one.

PS: I stand corrected, all Blizzard games are awesome. (Including those not so well known ones)

PPS: Although to me, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne is already an awesome game, so if Blizzard found a way to connect Warcraft III (It's editor and games) to Warcraft IV (With a even better editor, and 2 other editors with it, the World Editor and Galaxy), I'd be crazy about it.

Level 15
I know that. Like I said the second SC2 expansion.... Honestly, we have SC2 so people should not want WC4 so soon.

Uh that's complete shit. I have SC2 and WC3 and yet I still find more enjoyability out of wC3.

I know you're a big fan of SC1, Diablo, etc. but you have to realize that a lot of people still prefer Warcraft over Starcraft. That's kind of why Battle.net is still so populated.

Level 8
Hmm... But from the way Blizzard works, I can sense that they might surprise us with a Warcraft IV to continue the plot, then create another WoW Expansion after or just another genre of Warcraft Games (RTS, RPG, etc.).
Remember, almost all of Blizzard's games are awesome, so if they make Warcraft IV, there would be a way for them to promote their other games too, or even make a newer one.

PS: I stand corrected, all Blizzard games are awesome. (Including those not so well known ones)

PPS: Although to me, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne is already an awesome game, so if Blizzard found a way to connect Warcraft III (It's editor and games) to Warcraft IV (With a even better editor, and 2 other editors with it, the World Editor and Galaxy), I'd be crazy about it.

I agree, Blizzard does like to surprise it's fan so I would not be surprised. They should definitely not put most of their employees on WoW. They should reduce the number of that team and take a good amount to put together a team for Wc4 if one isn't already secretly made. Warcraft 4 and SC2 can live side by side, and Blizzard will still make loads of money. It'll give players both sides of the franchises which they love. WoW has already been given a huge amount of attention and devotion, and understandably so. Diablo 3 is also coming out which will take more of Blizzards attention, but once it comes out they should really consider putting this team together imo.

after they release D3, I'm pretty sure that the team would remain for that for some more months to years since they would need to be ready for updates and fixes so I think the formation of a wc4 team after the release of D3 and SC2 expansions is highly unlkely...

as for me, I don't really want a wc4, if they can just continue to improve wc3 and bring more support to it, that's already so good...

Level 8
Yeah I mean if they can continue to support WC3 I'm all for it, no doubt. It doesn't appear like they're really taking that too seriously though. The recent patch was welcome though I have to say. I think everyone on here should send an email to blizz so they can get a massive amount and really see people are craving more attention to Wc3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.