• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc4:Sc2 Community Contributions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Warcraft IV - Starcraft II
Community Contributions

Warcraft IV - Starcraft II has got off to a great start, the sheer amount of interest and application forms as dashed our expectations, to keep the community happy and our team effective, we have come up with the 'Community Contribution' system.

The aim of this system is to allow the 'community' to help bring Wc4:Sc2 to life alongside the development team. We have had so many applicants to the project who just can't meet our admittedly high requirements.
The main reasons being lack of activity and/or past commitment.

That's where the 'Community Contributions' system comes in. This will allow you, the community - to help with the production of Wc4:Sc2 as and when you feel like. You can post anything here, lore, concept art, models, skins, textures, loading screens - Absolutely anything, you think may be beneficial or useful to the main development team.
Don't worry, were not asking you to give us something for nothing, we will hand out 'contribution points' to particularly high quality examples. As these points accumulate you will receive certain rewards or privileges related to the project, not to mention seeing your work within the game.

This is our way of letting anyone have a chance to help make this conversion come to fruition. For those of you who don't have any notable skills, can't keep to a demanding schedule or just fancy helping us out now and again.
What we don't want to do however, is give you false hope. Posting time and again, will not get you points. They are intentionally very hard to come by and a good majority of your submissions will be overlooked, however the chance is here, there is no harm in trying.

The points will be recorded by the development team and will be kept private, though you will be notified if you receive points and of course can PM (Grey Nightmare) for an up-to-date summary of rewards or point levels.

POINT/REWARD CHART

1 = An oppurtunity to 'apply' for the team, we will no longer allow applications from anyone with less points, unless you are exceptionally skilled in highly required areas.

3= Acknowledgement of all your used contributions on this thread and/or our site (as and when we get one).

5 = ‘Special Thanks’ named accreditation in the modification's credits.

10 = Full descriptive, end-game credits, listing all your contributions.

13 = Entry to a BETA RAFFLE

15= Beta Invite + Extra credit acknowledgement as a beta tester.

20 = Defeat Quote

+1 point of rep from a team member will also be given at each stage.

Top Contributors will also be listed below, in a table below, a bit of competition/motivation to see who is the ultimate Wc4:Sc2 contributor ;)

-Tables don't seem to have a texture in the sc2 section yet, so I'll just list CCP for now.

TOP/RECENT CONTRIBUTIONS
  1. Kola, 1 point. (Brilliant Map/Splash screen, will be used as our website's index page)
    [*]Sasuhkun, 1 point. (Consistent (useful) feedback and evident support/interest)
    [*]Shiik, 1 point (Awarded for 2D art submissions of astonishing quality)
    [*]Dentothor, 5 points. (Awarded for a new logo design and forum UI)
    [*]Sir Mark/Sire, 1 Point (A brilliant, consistent input effort)

Please try and keep this thread open for discussion on the system or posts about/with contributions, thankyou!

All other Wc4:Sc2 discussion/Suggestions should be done in the main thread located here.

Last edited:
Level 13
So if I'm gonna try and create some lore, how do I go about it? Do I write as I would any other story, or do I write a simple synopsis? Both, perhaps?

Level 13
Elaborate a bit (any important characters involved, what exactly do you mean by "standoff" etc.) and I'll start it up after I'm done with my short story contest submission.

Level 20
Ok, to clarify.

WOWWARS this is the place, if you want to help as and when you feel like it, post your work here, if we like it we'll give you points towards getting credited etc...

As for everyone else, post anything YOU think we'll be useful, don't ask us, it's totally up to you and we'll decide if it's useful or not. Perhaps if it's extremely good but unuseful you will still get one point and offered a place.

Bottom line: This is up to you, we don't monitor this section, just judge the content submitted here, we won't tell you want to contribute, that defeats the whole point =)

Level 8
Alright, I suppose I'll give you guys what I think should be in WC4. Now as you mentioned I'm pretty sure you guys already have the idea.

I'm expecting to be the same four races from WC3, but I think a few races should have an added storyline, such as the Naga (They do have the models after all) and maybe the Angels story (I'm sure some buildings and models can be thought up).

I am still expecting the same units, and of course some to be added.

Here are some ideas for a whole new set of creatures:

Basing off WoW:
-Elementals (Air, Fire, Earth)
-Sea Creatures (Crocodiles, Pirahnas, Sharks) -- Would especially be useful for the Naga storyline.

Angels:
-Archangels
-Immortals
-Fairies

Of course these new races can bring a whole new set of items such as a conch, seashell, Amulet of the Gods, Liquid of Immortality.

That's what I got for now, Ill add some more if I find some more ideas.

Level 12
It is AWFUL. Just awful. Well, if someone can teach me how to take the echo out of it, it would help a bit more. The only edit I did was smooth (my pathetic attempt to low the echo). I hope you like, though I'm sure you won't.

Attachments

• Darius Jornay Entry 1.rar
    3.1 MB · Views: 63
Level 13
still may need a little more detail to get going.. you need a base to start with.. then you can get creative at least imo

Point. The "Story so far" thing doesn't tell me much. If you guys have come up with anything at all and I start at a completely random place, I might bork your lore completely. If you've got nothing, though, I'll go with Illidan/Outland and base it all off the WoW outland - gronn and suchlike.

Level 10
Point. The "Story so far" thing doesn't tell me much. If you guys have come up with anything at all and I start at a completely random place, I might bork your lore completely. If you've got nothing, though, I'll go with Illidan/Outland and base it all off the WoW outland - gronn and suchlike.

We're trying to follow the WC3 Lore, thus we don't want to pursue WoW lore.

Level 13
I'm not using WoW lore, I'm basing it off what blizzard created. I'm not gonna send a bunch of ragtag adventurers to kill Illidan once a week, but I will probably use Gruul and his servants and suchlike.

Level 12
Ah. Yay. (I can make some more of you guys like it. And if someone teaches me how to fix the stupid echo and the shrill sounds. And with some training I'll be able to regulate my voice better. And I know, the "seeds" part got strange.)

Level 12
I did not yay because the point. Actually, I don't REALLY care about winning the points, showed in the credits or anything. (Though it WOULD be nice.) I'm just happy that my 1st/2nd voice act showed up to be that good. (Though I did sang in school and all...)

Level 7
For th human campaign( since Stormwind is destroyed,) maybe some of the missions could be them fighting against the undead, trying to take back the city from the Stockades, the Keeps secret passageways and several other secluded/underground locations.

Level 10
For th human campaign( since Stormwind is destroyed,) maybe some of the missions could be them fighting against the undead, trying to take back the city from the Stockades, the Keeps secret passageways and several other secluded/underground locations.

That would be a good campaign to use SC2's new underground tool.

Level 20
I love how I got no feedback whatsoever for my ideas XD. I might as well have never posted.

That means I have been moderating the submissions, I won't go through each one individually.

I will give CCP or won't I can't/don't have time to give detailed feedback on everyone, as TWIF has pointed out, I am the sole CCP giver among many other duties, IRL to.

Level 12
I want to apply to join the team as Voice Actor.

(And if the team agrees, I could also be Promotional Agent or anything that you guys can teach me [like sound design or phBB]. I'm the chieftain of a STRATEGY clan on wc3... got it? promotional agent? :B)

(Providing more entries soon.)

Status
Not open for further replies.