• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc4:Sc2 Community Contributions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok well forget my last idea. (yeah i did sounds disorganized and stupid)

Ill resubmit my first conecpt of race build and tech tree.
Basically tech 1 unit are very weak (Need to mass them up low food)
As they tech up upgrades are available to "adapt" lower tech units to higher tiers.
Upgrades for those units gets expensive farther the tier.
Upper tier units are expensive and their upgrades are also expensive (but very useful)
Works for swarm like race.
(I.E. Goblins: They blow themselves up (easy to die) but upgrade in technology as they move forward.)
(example of the gobline race: Unit is melee. but gains anti air late game after upgrade)

Level 1
Suggestion:
I read the demon tech tree and the heroes you guys made, well done.
I saw that the Juggernaut (its 2 g's btw) and said it could hold the fyrsprite for transport?
Well my suggestion is what if the juggernaut shot the fypsrites out and lands on the targetted place like an infernal or a drop pod. (like red alert 3 those of you who may know). That could be a devestating harrassment tactic.

Level 5
I had nothing to do so made a little concept art thingy.
It's no good but use it if you want ^^
658xfa.png

Level 3
A voice sample for a unit, aiming toward an shattered Alliance spellcaster. (Remnant)
Note that I am a bit sick at the time of recording, I'll send other samples in an attempt to improve the quality if it passes.
Also note that I am by no means a professional, so don't listen to it expecting great voice acting or quality.

File is attached below, as well as a first sample when I was mostly messing around.
Main script follows, mostly meets the War 3 Editor's unit voice standard.

Script said:
Ready - "I have arrived."
Warcry - "They shall be eradicated!" (Can be improved)
What 1 - "You require something?"
What 2 - "What is it."
What 3 - "Orders, sir?"
Yes 1 - "It shall be done."
Yes 2 - "Yes, milord."
Yes 3 - "On route."
Yes 4 - "Onward!"
Attack 1 - "Nothing shall remain!"
Attack 2 - "They shall not live to see another day."
Attack 3 - "Ashes to ashes..."
Attack 4 - "Engaging" (Can be improved)
Death - *Dies* (Can be greatly improved)
Pissed 1 - "Can you stop doing that?"
Pissed 2 - "Stop poking me. I command you."
Pissed 3 - "By the Light, can you not see I am busy?!"
Pissed 4 - "I'll delete this game from your system..."
Pissed 5 - "I give up, go bother someone else. Reverting to normal lines..."

Attachments

• Sir_Mark's Voice Test.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Wow, good.

Your accent is very, forgive me if i am wrong, 'french?' - I like it, it could work very well into our plans. you might want to work on defining words a bit. your sentences currently slur a bit atm. Otherwise, very, VERY good. for some sounds, you can use default blizzard ones, i'm sure. the knight or the footman would work. (thinking of 'dies')

I love them. you'll see soon, your awarded CCP.

Level 20
I'm not sure legally we can use wc3 sounds, we should look into that.

EDIT: Ok listened to the file, it's ok - the actual lines/script are/is very good - the voice acting itself could do with some polishing, you have some mic interference and as TWIF said it's not always clear what your saying.

Good overall though =) keep it up!

Triceron

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 11
Legally, the worst that can happen is cease and decist for using their IP. This is not very likely to happen, but possible (They crushed the SC -> War2 mod, but allowed Project Revolution to exist). If you're planning to make any money off this at all, it would be ill advised.

Level 3
Submitting an updated Remnant Spellcaster voice, and tries to improve on the previous script as well as making it much more crisp and clear. Contained within the attachment are two samples. If these also pass, I'll consider making a final one (or however many are required) available for your use.

Note that interference may still be in effect for both samples, and I do not know how to remove it. My mic is sensitive to picking up surrounding sounds as I am using the default laptop mic. I may try a headset for the next recording should it be required.

Updated Script said:
Ready - "I have arrived."
Warcry - "They shall be eradicated!"
What 1 - "You require something?"
What 2 - "What is it."
What 3 - "Orders, sir?"
Yes 1 - "It shall be done."
Yes 2 - "Yes, milord."
Yes 3 - "On route."
Yes 4 - "Of course"
Attack 1 - "Nothing shall remain!"
Attack 2 - "They shall not live to see another day."
Attack 3 - "Ashes to ashes..." (Room for improvement)
Attack 4 - "Worthless fools..." (Room for improvement)
Pissed 1 - "Can you stop doing that?"
Pissed 2 - "Stop poking me. I command you."
Pissed 3 - "By the Light, can you not see I am busy?!"
Pissed 4 - "I'll delete this game from your system..."
Pissed 5 - "I give up, go bother someone else. Reverting to normal lines..."
Death - *Dies* (Still room for improvement, I'm not good at death sounds. Note that the two samples are different when it pertains to this.)

Attachments

• Sir_Mark's Remenant Spellcaster.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.