• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Win A Beta Key Game #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I have 10 beta keys in my hands here.

OK here are the rules:
- You may only make ONE post. Doing otherwise will get you disqualified.
- You have to tell us (and if possible link to it) which contributions you have made to the Warcraft III modding community.
- Begging, ass kissing or in other ways sucking up to Ralle will not get you anywhere.
- If you already have a beta key you should not enter.
- We don't want to hear how badly you want it in this thread.
- Stick to what you have contributed.
- It should not just be a list of links to your resources, some text explaining what you did would be good. Like your resumé.
- Don't post if you don't want one. You will get punished.
- It has to be for yourself and you have to be excited about it, but we don't need to be told about that ;).

The thread will stay open for 24 hours.

Level 12
Well, i havent really contributed much, save for a few ratings and a few tips (which arent really much) and helped some 'a bit bigger mappers and others' (which isn't worth really much either), but atleast thats something, right? :D

And i fear this will be alot of 'ass-kissing' again.

Even tho i got very small chances, I say that the winners will be happy for a small while...i think <.<

Level 13
Well...i helped many map-makers and icon-creaters with my reviews (mostly chat reviews though) , i made map which i used to teach others the basic triggers and object editor stuf...also i made laugh a lot of people on hive :p and gave some cool joke ideas :p
also i helped with testing and balancing many maps (and pointing out the bugs :p )

i Am excited about SC2 as everyone who played the first and enjoyed it :p

OT : ^ fear that thing you too? :p

Last edited:
Level 19
Well, I am really excited about playing I watched a friend play like once and i'd like to experiance it for myself. I moderated here at the hive for a year or so, and handled both the icon section and the request section, both at the time were short on help. I created one resource a model, not very good but approved nonetheless. I also made a monetary donation to the site along with a donation of alot of my time. Even if I don't get a key my time and money won't ever be in vain because this site has been a home for me for 3 years, and a download beacon when it was wc3sear.ch haha. Well thats my little speel tried to keep it short. Cheers.

Well, I made some models for wc3, maps (most of them unfinished), and I helped
the people here at the request/trigger/whatever section.
I also tried in icons, but that wasn't my thing. I never tried skins, too hard for a non-artistic
guy like me :3 . Main part were models. Many are unfinished, and some are uploaded here.
(http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?d=icon&r=200&u=Amigurumi)
I want it, because I loved sc1, and I really want to play sc2, and ofc, modding in sc2 :D with the awesome galaxy editor!
Forgot to add: I'm almost every day in chat, help people there if they have questions.
Also I made spells.

I made a big tutorial, to help those, who want to get better at modeling. (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/animated-textures-tutorial-158421/)
This tutorial should help the people to improve their models, so everybody can get an awesome modeler!
(This are my ressources I submitted at hive!: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resources.php?u=Amigurumi)

Last edited:
Level 9
Every other reply has started with "Well...", but not this one, hehe.

For THW I've done couple of icons and I've tried to help people as much I could. I've been responding to looking-for-requests and also tried teaching basics of JASS and GUI to people. + a hero consept submission for Hive Battlefield.
Outside THW, (which should still stand for WC3 Modding Community) I've been actively been testing new ways to use WE and telling other people about it. Also I've tried to encourage people to keep on modding and playing WC3.

I've also released couple of maps outside THW.
One farmers and hunters style map that expanded that idea a lot. (it seemed popular for a time, in its time.) It featured choises for the farmers and hunter heroes, each having their own specialities.
One team vs team, map that had resemblance to a melee game. It featured unique victory conditions and most of the action required naval involvment.
Then there's some others but they're mostly either more or less failed or not-finished.
I've also been planning to do some project in the summer.

Here's the Icons.

Last edited:
Level 1
Bond009 said:
Your map was the first game that inspired me to start learning triggers and coding lol was just a unit/ability/terrain noob until then lol
-- Creator of Custom Hero Footmen

MrMango said:
Also, PoLlama ended up being the major part in my life that has led me to shoot for a major in CS.. if that means anything
-- Reviver of Final Fantasy Epic RPG

Ultimate Footmen .66b - #6 most downloaded map on epicwar

Banned from every major warcraft site at least once. Etc.

Level 23
I started making a mod(check my sig) to give Warcraft an additional last breath before SCII gets most of people. Now I hope I can do something for warcraft and starcraft community in SCII.

Plus I have helped lots of people with their projects

I have made several cinematics, mostly reviving the cinematics section and have posted 100 comments saying that a map does not have an acceptable description and i have also reviewed a lot of maps. Plus, i have reported a few spammy threads and also some maps which would freeze the game/windows. In the forums, i have helped people with problems and have also helped them with their projects. I have greeted new users, telling them that people would not see their posts for the first days, so that they won't leave. I have made several other maps, including defense and castle defense maps, as well as a dawn of war 2 mod, but it's still in development. I am almost always available to help people if they have a problem. Lastly, i have also helped people advertise their maps a little and have helped other people in the chat, AND when there are some bad times, i always try to make it more funny and bring more hype into something. I have also been making cinematic intros/trailers for some people. And i am always advertising the hiveworkshop in other communities/websites. I am hoping to get the starcraft 2 beta, so i may learn how to work with the galaxy editor, so i may do the same things i did before and also new things. I am really excited to get my hands on starcraft 2 after waiting for it when it was first announced. I'm not really begging for a key, but i just want to get my hands on scII and see its details:)
Also a list of my maps, in hidden tags cuz you said we should rather not put a link here.

Best regards to you Ralle,

-Vengeancekael

Last edited:
Level 19
I contributed to the community in many different ways. Since the time I begun to give much more attention to the THW community, I'm helping out with what I can.

I was learning GUI in the moment, so I was constantly helping the most map-makers making their map good & nice.

I was giving alot of feedback for spells, maps, icons and other things which were discussed in the THW forums.

But considering now, I'm lately and mostly inactive due to real life (exams, finish off school, etc.) and I really hoped that I can get a key for the summer so I can enjoy the game.

Here's a quick list of the things I've completed:

-Icons (yes I know its just a pack, but it was successfull and I'm very proud of it)
-Spells (all approved so far)
-Hive Battlefield (made an incredible terrain for the project, which helped it to become hosted project for THW)

Best regards,
MortAr-.

Last edited:
Level 13
I am quiet good at GUI triggering and so whenever I see somebody who needs help with triggering I do my best to help him. Same goes for general problems like options of the World editor or questions about one of the editors.
I cannot model or design skins but I tell modelers my opinion about their models and what they have to improve.
In addition I try to be nice to new people e.g. by welcoming them in the introduction section.
Another fact is that I am really active checking for new posts several times a day.

I wish everybody who applies in this thread good luck :D

Level 1
Hi, i'm the second mapper of Battle Tanks. Paladon told me about the beta keys yesterday. Really nice, because nobody in our dev team has been lucky getting a key directly from blizzard.

I'm VERY excited about SC2, the edior and the new possibilities it will offer.
Starcraft has been a great game and i'm excited how the game will continue.
I want to learn all about the new editor (let's hope the beta editor will get released this week :)).
We want to start working on Battle Tanks for SC2 ASAP. Would be great to have most of the work already done with the release of the final game.

I started mapping last year when Paladon and me continued mapping on Battle Tanks. He's helping me a lot.
Currently we are working hard on finishing our Battle Tanks League and we want to port all the past work to a future SC2 BT.

So, if there are still enough keys i would be very interested in one :).

Well, what can I say really?

I am regularly in the chat, while there I take a few requests occasionally.

I also almost always help out noobs in the chat when they are looking for directions or want advice on improving work.

I occaisonally am asked to review maps by people which I always try to find time for, as well as give advice on how to improve and suchlike. I know my mapping skills arn't great but I can still try to help others. =)

Myself I am a spell maker, I havn't made anything recently (released) but those things generally have been successful imo. I sometimes make systems such as this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...5-a-150739/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=Tank-Commander
I generally aim to be origional in my work and don't like recreating something that has been done before as I find it counter-productive.

As a long time rts player I have been eager to get sc2 for a long time, but maybe not as much as some others.

I may have only been here for a year or so, but I think I've done quite a bit to help out even if I'm not that active in the forums.

As a very self-conscious person I don't like to get things wrong as well as 'stand out' in a negative way. I'm alright with critism etc. so long as it isn't too much and when it does it just makes my angry and very negative about myself which I find may be responcible as to why I try to do my work to a high grade and become dedicated to getting it right so long as it's not too much work to do.

I'm (apperently) quick witted and fast thinking (maybe it's my typing speed?) althogh I anger rather quickly when people ask the same things over an over again. My best attribute I suppose is my intelligence and my ability to deceive people but I only deceive when it's absoulatly neccercary. I also tend to be logical in my actions (I don't try to fight a losing battle)

I guess theres not much to explain other than my work.

Well, I first came here like every other nublet does. and almost immediatly started work, it was pretty poor to start off but I eventually got my act together and produced my first 'real' spell work in a way as all the others had been pretty poor before it that I felt that it was neccercary to distregard them as properly done. That first real spell work was this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...5-a-152083/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=Tank-Commander
I spent three days working on it, it was a recreation of a spell in a game which I played at the age of like 4 origionally although this spell didn't appear in that particular game.
This one had a monsterous code which is almost impossible for me to navtigate therefore making it a nightmare to make proper documentation hence why I created a 'don't mess with this bit' system via the use of asterix's
After I made that one I had a temporary taste in 3d knockback and gravity (which this one used) as well as making big flashy spells which may generate lag when used too much but were still as efficiant as possible, which is then why I created my next spell oblivion, but more on that one later.

My first system which I considered 'real' was the terrain breaking system (linked higher up) which allowed terrain to break if a unit stood still onit for too long, the target of the system was for 2d escape maps and suchlike (also 3d escaped but it would have been used for a differant purpose) in a 2d map it could be used to create secret passages and suchlike, hence why I considered it quite a god acheivement. The code for it was a little inefficiant but I was already too busy working on my next system which I soon later released which was my Journal system:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...0-a-150819/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=Tank-Commander
This one was manly made because it was origional from what I had seen around the hive, not from primarily being useful. It was created so you could store a 'diary' ingame which could be used to remember notes for later use which through pushing a few buttons would display the previously entered strings. I got the idea from the fact that I kept on forgetting what homework I had and decided maybe some people have the same problem in long RPG's and Campaigns such as were the villager who gave them the quest was and suchlike.

As I meantioned before I created a spell called oblivion, following my pattern of simple but shiny It was really a simple spell wrapped in sfx which was meantioned in the comments at some point:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...1-a-152603/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=Tank-Commander
I got the ibnspiration off an ff game (think it was ff10) which is somewhat surprising cos it doesn't match the origional at all as there was no real way to recreate the affect, so I came up with this instead. I spent two days on this one and the code was much shorter than my seraphic star but I still think it went well.

My most recent work (even though serching my name doesn't say it's the most recent) is the EFB:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...5-a-154617/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=Tank-Commander
I made this one to be simple but still look rather cool and I think it acheived it, but this one has not been as origional as my others so there isn't really much to say about it, I got the inspiration from an icon by Boris_Spider and I havn't really found enough inspiration for any more so far. I'm mainly focusing on my new project since my computer lost most of it's files. This spell took me 1 1/2 days to complete and to this day my most complicated spell has been seraphic star.

Now I work mostly with multiboards and on screen menus for my new project which hopefully will be revealed soon, but I wont be letting on about that right now.

As a gui spell/system maker I maybe restricted to what I can do, but I try my hardest with what I have to work with (helps with rts games too).

Yea so I'm not great at dedicating to stuff but hey: atleast I try. =P

Level 11
Aeeeyyy, Ive done some terraining on hive, helped peaple, even got some new friend :D
And ive created some systems sadly no1 cares :D
My first big map was http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/frozen-souls-137366/ And some other map I don't have worked on so mutch(or lrft the map some where ells. But if there is a beta key left I will show some stuff from my new project!

Sorry for the bad english, It isent easy to spell when you got dyxlecsi, Hope you know what that is.

(Oh and i also heard that the galaxy editor will come this weak, or next)

Level 5
Hi
I'm only looking at THW.Unfortunately, i haven't contributed too much, only in small things, like giving feedbacks of new maps, i really like maps with lot of custom stuff like skins or spells so i inspire the creators to continue, and sometimes give ideas. I'm learning GUI and i test and help my friend with creating maps. So thats all. If i don't get one, then gratz for the ones who do. I tought i give it a try.

-Koloricsi

Level 13
Decent vJasser, I also am an AI scripter (I've been working on Kam's Beyond The Throne AI recently, though the version with my AI is in the works)

Model maker: The only model I submitted, the rest of my modelling activity is currently in my HD waiting to be used for my project.

Ah, right, my project... it's supposed to be an altered melee and is very close to an open beta, its SEMPQ currently replaces the Human race with a Blood Elven race in any melee map, also features some menu modding and other cool stuff. (Aside from fully triggered spells and an optimized AI, that is)

Also, I got the 2nd place in wc3c's 1st Race Building Contest (for 1 damn point, I must add) with a race called The "F" Factor. People said it was fun and original, but whatever, a lot of its trigger stuff was awful (working on fixing that these days) so I won't link to it. (at least not here)

I may not have contributed a lot to this community in particular, but I always tried to help if I could.

Nevermind, I got a beta key from another source. Good luck to everybody who entered this.

Last edited:
Well... I'm always around the Modelling/Animation forums helping people with their models and giving advices and uploading bug fixes to the hive modellers in the Models section.
I got most of my knowledge for models from Blinkboy and he deserves my compliments. Fortunately I'm always willing to pass them ahead and I say that have taught many things to a lot of people here about models.
My resource contribution is something that I'm proud of, too. I've always put a lot of effort on my models and I'm always updating them, and encouraging people to do the same with theirs.

I have some 2D art stuff, too, and a tutorial about it.

I've been always helping with the modeling contests success, also. I've took part in two of them, being the Runner Up and right now I'm judging the current one.

Overall, I look at the Hive as a kind of university, where people share different aspects of their knowledge and art, and that's what my role have been, lately.

Thanks in advance, if you think may have it. :)

Level 5
To tell you what I have contributed with in a nice way, I have to hope for that you know of the Game RuneScape. I have not done much on HIVE since I joined on a project for the game RuneScape. Every one has to have the same fai chance if your leader or a recruited person. I am recruited as the maker of the landscape of RuneScape. Just follow the link in my signature. Maybe someone thinks this project is stupid since it is about RuneScape, but I know deeply in your heart that it would be fun in WC3. We have all (almost all) seen that RuneScape Projects has been shut down. Every single one one HIVE, except one! I do beleive that the projects is being shut down because of the complicated stressed terrain of RuneScape. If you follow this link, you can see them via the link IF yu want to. Because I am not a quiter, I know I am a beginner, but we all got to start someplace. I am the terrainer of the RuneSCape Project on WC3 mod oon HIVE! And I do believe that this project with the accurate landscape that moitivates people to join and look. Have not you map-makers been unmotivated to continue on a map sometime, that would you probably do if making RuneScape. But now as people can see the work, they will get suprised how RuneScape looked it is and will get a new hope for a RuneScape Project. It is the only one left ALIVE! I know everyone else make outstanding maps with everything in it. But most of them are all based on fantasy, because they can not do the map of a actually game! But there are some few, I know, like WoW on WC3. But another has also been borned, it is the RuneSCape Project ALIVE probably with its current work shown to the public. And what can be showed to the public? It is the landscape (the terrain). And because of That it will live long! But now it is all up to you! Now it is your Move, then Make It!

(I do love the first SC1, it was the first modern strategy game I ever played, and here is my E-mail if needed: [email protected] no offense, but if getting one, please tell me by pm me on HIVE or the E-mail, would love a BETA key for SCII)

Last edited:
Level 10
I haven't really contributed with many resources to the site, just a cinematic and an old system(both are linked in my signature) Did want to make more, but i always fail at finishing my stuff and i always aim for too complex projects. I did also submit some very few spells, but they've been wiped out as far as i know. I also wrote some tutorial about spell books

I do feel that i have contributed a fair amount by other means in the past though. This mostly consisted of giving helpfull tips and reviewing spells. But it became too repetitive with time, which was one of the reasons why i ended up becoming inactive. (Another reason was that i kept believing that starcraft 2 would come out soon, so it seemed a little pointless to me to continue modding wc3)
I absolutely love starcraft and can't wait to play the normal gameplay, and now that i know that the editor is coming out this week i can't wait to become consumed by it aswell.

Last edited:
During the three years that I've been in the community, you could say that I did at least something good for the community.

I'm skilled in 2D and 3D art, I've written a how-to on bug hunting that make Warcraft 3 crash while loading and a voice acting tutorial. I've participated in two contests, Phoenix Trial #2 (3rd place) and Texturing Competition #15 (1st place). I also try to help people whenever I can, usually in the modeling, texturing and general art departments.

I've made a number of models and skins, such as http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/lich-king-154837/ (which is currently the most downloaded model), http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/felstalker-blp-144998/, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/t-51b-power-armor-unit-non-tc-130460/ and http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/facelessone-blp-146661/.

During the Burning Crusade era, I also actively participated in the World of Warcraft forum, offering support and technical and lore info for the game.

Level 14
I haven't contributed very much.
I have reviewed some maps, rated icons, models, and helped people at the help zone.
I also made a melee map which i deleted due to its quality.

Not much :/

I would like to have a Starcraft II Beta key, because I love mapping as it is. (As I also love playing games, if the maps have a good point)
I sure can wait for Starcraft II to be released, which will take a while, because Blizzard is, lazy as known.
If you wonder will I stop Warcraft III Modding / Playing, my answer is: Never.

I have lots of stuff still to learn from Warcraft III, that's the main point I still play it. (You can never stop learning from it, because you allways find something new)
I'd also like to learn from Starcraft II, because it is another RTS game by Blizzard, and hell yeah there is lots to learn! It's more than a galaxy of information.

(This post will not be edited (Oh I just did!))

Level 2
I havent contributed anything but ratings and bnet tests.
My trigger and jASS abilities just dont qualify for the high quality maps here on hive, so I rather stayed away from mapmaking, trigger etc.

Im more a 2D artist in digital painting. Unfortunatly thats not too useful when it comes to the modding of a 3D RTS. (google my username for proof)

I plan to gain more knowledge about triggers, memory leak prevention and mapmaking with SC 2 and the planned battle.net revision because I like the sci fi setting of it and want to make sci fi maps. Warcraft 3 just wasnt ideal for that ,plus I lacked the time over the last years.

Well yea thats basicly what I plan to contribute. But its never too late to start I think.

Level 23
Hi Guys,

I contributed some things like unprotected maps with alot of custom spells and stuff, made Tutorials and helped some mappers with JASS.
But im not as active on hive as on the german site inwarcraft.de.
I helped out very many Mappers on there and made Models, Skins and Ideas for "Die Macht des Feuers" http://diemachtdesfeuers.wordpress.com/
So long.

Level 10
I have had helped many people who had problems with World Editor problems and triggering. Most of my rep comes from people who I had helped with World Editor problems. And the reason why I want SC2 Beta key is cause of GALAXY editor, from internet information about this GALAXY editor - how awesome it is makes me crazy xD

I also reported some bad resources quite some while a go. And again I've also suggested few good ideas regarding resource moderation.

Level 22
Well I have done average amount for the hive, at first I have/had just many rescources which weren't approved, then I began to review maps, and it seems the users seemed to like my reviews, so I was doing that for quite a while then, I began to work on a new map, which seems to be quite popular too: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/great-battles-middle-ages-v-5-5-a-162975/
I also helped very much in the forums, expecialy the World Editor Help zone and Requests.

Level 8
I em a very helpful Person and so i helped out this guys with requested Spell's some while ago,

LINK 1
This link brings you to a 2 side thread and shows how much effort i put in it.
(i even gained a color changing "helpful" from wolverabid, witch im proud of.)
Those spells were about a Omnislash-like Spell, a Bombarding AOE, a armor reducing Rot-like spell and a circular Impale.

Here is another Post where i could help out with making spells.
The spells are at the bottom of the post and the names explain them good.

I also try to help in the world editor help zone when i can.
Link1
Link2

And here is a very detailed Tutorial-like Help::pal:
Link
He realy needed that help on Armor and so i took my time to be as detailed
as i could to show him how those things work.

Ok that should be egnouth links and text.

As Somthing additional i did was writing a real short story
to replace my last post, but as it was closed i didnt feeled like
changing it anymore. So here it is, i hope you enjoy it in a funny
way.
It could have alot gramatical misstakes but i tried to do my best.

------
...The zerg have taken the controll
of this planet, and i dont know how
long we will survive here. The last
transmission from our allied protoss
was 1 weak ago. We are 2 at this time
in this bunker here and Mylko is much
more depressed than i em. He cant sit
still for a moment, but that not as horrible
as the fact that the other 2 guys took
nearly all weapons on their exploration
tour... I dont want to imagine what happens
when the zerg come now and we dont have
any more ammo but our last bullets ...
I think about my family and my kids..
Damn, his walking around turns me crazy!

"Cant you stop? just for a minute ,MAN!"

"What's your problem, we gonna die anyway."

That made me think about this situation
even more. And to be honest he is right...
There is nothing we could really do against
an attack now, at least not much. Killing 5 zergs,
but they always come with 500... I think
that Insectoids was a much more fitting name for
them..

"Have you heard that?"

"No, nothing. But i have some good news.
I have found 2 Heavy Mashine-guns in here.."

`dum dum`

"Man this will save our ass.."

"Hm , mine is somhow bloc.."

`BEM!!`

The zerg just destroyed the door and jumping
in this bunker like locusts. We move back while
we shoot at them...
We managed to kill the first wave and could even
hide a bit deeper in the installation..
But our luck was not of long duration and 1
zerg found us. We could not kill it because our
rifle got no ammo anymore and that zerg alarmed
the others.

"Here, let us use the Heavy Gun's we have found"

The zergs are rushing toward us and we get rdy to fire
with no mercy, as...

"Fire man, FIRE!!"

"OH my God! It doesnt work, they are blocked!!"

The first zergs are now only a few meters away

"What the hell, the gun want somthing?!?"

"What is it??"

The zwergs are about to jump with their claws at us

"GunInfo: Pls insert a Beta-Key"

"Woooooot???"

greets equal

Level 13
All I've done is comment on some maps and rewritten the preview for some few - wasn't even used, mostly.

I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up. :p

Level 19
Mm i got no resources but ive helped a bit of ppl on the wc3 help forum (i got in a scrap with some admins about my rep..) and i helped Pharaoh- Or whatever his name is with a glitchy icon and me n a friend are making a map and plan on copying to sc2 and id like to get a first-hand look at the game itself and most of my friends have one including my partner, also i know C++ so id like to get my hands on the editor A S A P so i can start learning the Galaxy code. :( so i REALLY REALLY NEED ONE AND WANT ONE! Im also a melee freak, and i heard that sc2 is only 1v1s and 2v2s and thats all i need to do all of the above except mapping + it will give me a head start in ladder! Also, ive been with blizzard for a long time. I used to do open D2 in kindergarden. now im doing algebra. PLS GIVE ONE!! kkty and its ok if u dont. Also, theres 5 people in my family and 4 of them play starcraft so we'd really like to get our hands on one + share. Also, im a major XBOX player and my xbox got 3 red rings so im borrreeeeedddd as f*******. so is my brother.

P.S. from ur other post, u said u got 100 keys and ur giving 10 out? What u gonna do with the other 90?..

Level 8
lots of people..
anyway, i have not contributed much to hive, so i doubt i will get a Beta key, but i shall try anyway
I have made two maps of mine, Village Conversion and Farmers Life, both i enjoyed making ^_^
I am now making a multitude of attatchment models for medieval, farming tools, weapons, etc etc.
I have tried to help some people in a few ways in Hive, like giving a suggestion here, a suggestion there, a little nudge over that way, stuff like that

Level 4
Hey, I've been an avid fan of warcraft, starcraft, and diablo for a long time now. I haven't been registered on hiveworkshop for a long time, nor am I an active poster, Im more a lurker...
Although, I can't link my resoures and such,
I've helped numerous mappers with their projects,
in different aspects aswell, some I helped with a trigger or two,
others I created the terrian, and sometimes helped with the texture or model.
I'm not just asking for a key for me, my brother and my dad are both avid fans of the blizzard games, expect for WoW, and they are the ones who got me hooked. I would really apperciate it if I could recieve a beta key, so I could share it with them aswell. (on the same computers). Thanks for reading.

Level 12
Hi Ralle,

I joined up the Hive fairly early back in 2005 and have always remained active over the years. Contributed where I could with tutorials, maps and of course entering the various contests held, often getting pwned but enjoying it none the less :)

Basic Jass Spell Intro
This was the first tutorial I made which hopefully helped introduce some people to Jass and general 'advanced' spell making, motivating people more to advance their abilities.

Hero Selection Tutorial
Then I made a introduction to Hero Selection, this was to show alot of people how to improve their maps, going beyond the basic tavern, adding advanced features and a polished feel with more interaction.

Paired Mapping Contest #3
Out of all the contests I entered, I was actually fortunate enough to win atleast one, having worked pretty hard with Raging to produce a map for this one. Has some really nice maps and contestants, was a good experience entering this one.

Had alot of fun in the first Melee Tournament which you even played yourself, it was held quite a while back, I came 2nd overall.

Have also started a project, Minigames Mania!, I'll be working on for SC2, hopefully being teaming up with some of the fanatstic people around on this site. Have enjoyed workeing on a few war3 ones over the years such as Ninja vs Samurai Legends, ET 2, Age of Myths and continuing this would be awesome.

Getting the SC2 key would be wonderful and also incredibly helpful in letting me examine the editor, ofcourse with some heavy SC2 playing inbetween!! I would really like to start planning the above project and a few others.

Lastly I fully intend to write some tutorials to help newcomers get to grips with SC2 mapping and I will be submitting them here ofcourse.

Thanks for reading,
Fulla

Level 12
I would like to receive the SCII beta key.
As a user in THW I have been active in the World Editor Help Zone and the Trigger Help Forum and have posted in many threads to try and help other users with problems they had. What supports the solutions I attempt to give is my knowledge of the World Editor, mostly of the Object Editor and the Trigger Editor. In fact, nearly all my reputation points were from users that thanked me for solutions I gave them.
I have submitted two spellmap packs but I am afraid they did not stand up to the Hive's standards.
I have also competed in the Short Story Contest #3, but did not achieve a place worth mentioning.

Level 12
I haven't uploaded that many resources to The Hiveworkshop, but I have helped alot of people with their coding and what was wrong. I think nearly all my rep is due to helping. And I don't help people for rep, but for a better community with more smart peoples that can find new solutions for Warcraft 3. The only thing I uploaded is a spell. I'm also a very active person (on nearly every day). I help as much people as my knowledge about Warcraft 3 reach.

I have contributed much art towards the warcraft 3 modding community.
Overall i have posted 12 skins and 32 Icons. Here is a full list :p

I have also done many favours towards many people such as my Pumpkin emotes and my custom chat icons.

I have also judged in the texturing competition #16 and am hosting and judging the hives first UI Contest

Level 3
My name is Dangime and it’s one that should carry at least some weight in the world of Warcraft III map making. I was the original author of Civilization Wars and Civilization Wars 2 up to version 2.17. At its height Civilization Wars was the 2nd most played map short of DOTA, had a community built around clan EAT that had its own league and volunteer staff. Since then I had to enter the professional world and hand the map off to another map maker in the community. It’s still around just not as popular.

Its forum is located at http://forums.claneat.com/

I’m sure you can find the map on this site too although its probably an old version.

Thanks for your consideration.

Level 3
Hey!

In the course of my Wc3 experience, if I can qualify it as an experience, I've made, like most of us, tons of maps. Although most of them were never really released, my greatest achievement and contribution lays in only 1 thing.

In the early years of Wc3:TFT, I managed to get a clan together called clan MMU. This clan (Map Makers United) was so popular at it's time we almost reached the maximum number of guildmates. It was a succesfull clan, we helped eachoter, played together, hosted "Mapping Competitions" of all sort (including speed mapping which is really awesome).

Time went by, the clan shortly died... but it didn't end there! My chiefmate (YouAlreadyLost) and I decided that we could do more than let the clan die, that's when we founded MMRu (Map Makers Reunited) which also died... But it still doesn't end there!

Again, time went by and we decided to re-recreate this once so awesome clan. That's when MTPe (Make, Test, Play, etc.) was created, this clan was, infact, the real remake of the old.

But what really struck me is that, even though we "officialy" switched to MTPe, old followers decided to recreate MMRu! (or MMU, can't remember which one). We had fans that liked the clan so much they remade it when we left it!

Of course, this is a short resumé and it all happened in a time lapse of 4 years. But what I remember the most was when new mappers came by and asked questions about their maps and finally joined our ranks.

I can say that it's my best contribution to the Wc3 community.

Last edited:
Level 20
I contribute 2 maps of which I am not anymore proud of. I also contributed an AI editor tutorial since nobody made one http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/ai-editor-162687/.

I am creating also new altered melee with races from 3rd custom race contest with AI (you can see the beta AI for sea legion race as example of AI in tutorial). I started also making campaign but duo to problems there are little chases of it being finished. Finished some cinematic that need to be polished before release.

Level 12
Level 13
Though I have a meager 5 accepted resources, I've tried to help people when I could, especially around the request forum. Example.
My soon-to-be biggest contribution to the Hive is still in progress, sadly enough. An AoS-style map where over 2/3rds of the heroes* weren't made by me, but were created by my fellow Hive members.
*Hero concepts. Not the actual triggering.

Uhhh... not much else to say.
*cough*

Level 11
I have made a few icons, terrained map requests and reviewed and helped others on the hive. I even made some of my own maps, its just that they are not done yet since i only joined in 2009, but i hope that doesn't limit my chances to have a taste of Starcraft 2 before it comes out.

Level 35
Woa I hate to make threads to advertise for myself or whatever I done to help others because I myself found it fun. But for a beta key I might as well give it a shot, before I go out and pre-order it on Gamestop to get the key :smile: And maybe I feel that I owe real138 to write something, since he mentioned me already.

So well I have made a bunch of models for this community, but mostly stuff I would have made at any rate since I feel like I owed Hive to do something for it as well, considering just how much it have given to me. It started with wcsear.ch, but Hive what was got me going.

Anyway then I have also helped out when I could; sometimes I have helped out a lot, other times I been more limited in my possibilities to help.

As I don't really want to point to models, icons, skins, random threads I helped out in. I rather say that my biggest help to the site properly is the loading screen thread which have given me several fun events and some good friends here on hive. Its also the place I look out to see what have happen at when I enter here, so that will be my main thing. I could also mention that I have made the Christmas emotions for hive.

Now since this should be a resume I properly have to write this? Even though I dislike doing so - so read it if you want.

I participated in several contests and won one.
I donated to the site (Now this I don't want to count, I donated solely because I love this site and to get a chat color :wink:).
I hope that I have always been friendly.
I consider myself a fairly active member of Hive :xxd:

Lets this be enough and hope whomever gets it will enjoy them :) I myself will look forward to playing it with all the people on Hive when its finally released.

(Good luck judging Ralle, properly going to be a tough choice :grin:).

Level 12
I guess this is worth a shot.

I suppose my greatest contribution to wc3 modding on the whole was my discovery of the reflection technique. In this technique, alpha tiles are used to make the ground transparent (usually with a water model placed over it), and then, using negative pitch/roll values, upside-down versions of the doodads above ground are placed directly underneath them, creating the illusion of reflections. This terrain was the the first one in which I used this technique, but this was the one that made it popular. While both the use of alpha tiles and the use of negative pitch/roll values already existed at that time, I was the first to combine the two to create reflections. This technique has now been used by several advanced terrainers, and I’ve also seen it used in a few maps.

Other than that, my résumé is fairly short. I’ve made quite a few terrains in my time, many of which have received high praise. Here’s a link to my showcase.

I know that “artistic terrains” don’t have as much use as models or skins do (except, possibly, as loading screens,) but I do think that wc3 terraining is a fine art which I would love to carry over into sc2.

Status
Not open for further replies.