• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Win a Beta Key now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Win a Sc2 Beta Key now! Blizzard announces Beta Key contest.

Win a Beta Key Now!

Hello recently the Dev's stated on the Starcraft 2 Forums that the Vespene Laughs comic compition will now award Starcraft 2 Beta keys!

Vespene Laughs! StarCraft II Comic Contest Update
StarCraft II Beta Keys are up for grabs to the funniest, wittiest, able to cause a fun chuckle in your fellow StarCraft fans!

As a FYI, we will be adding (2) StarCraft II Beta Keys to the Vespene Laughs 1st place winner's prize package each month for the StarCraft II Comic Contest. The rules will be updated accordingly for the February round of entries. Additionally, we will also reward previous 1st place winners of the contest as well with the beta keys as well.

This contest will be the first of various contests that will begin offering a chance to get into the StarCraft II Beta. If you know there isn't a funny bone anywhere in ya, don't worry, there will be plenty of other opportunities, just keep checking back with us.

Not only does this signify we are VERY close to beta, those who did not have a chance to get a beta key now do! So stop lazing around and go cook up a nice Starcraft comic and give it a go, if your lucky enough you could win :thumbs_up: I predict Beta in mid February to late March.

Also, in another thread someone said this:

There's been a bit of a lack of posts recently.. Anyone think Blizz is preparing for some sort of announcement or flood of posts?

This forum has really gotten boring lately. Come on, give us some news; it's a week before the public DoW2 beta is available.

Oh and with the Diablo 3 shirts now available, will the SC2 ones come too? With a female option?

This is what Cavez (AKA Dustin Browder) had to say, best reply ever from a Dev :grin:

Sorry, busy, must make game.

The wait for Starcraft 2 has definitely been a long one, but with this information it shows we are very close to Beta and Launch itself. Looking forward to it! :smile:

Beta Key Announcement Source: Battle.net

Vespene Laughs Source: Battle.net

Level 8
THW has this Vespene Laughs because it's rather for artists and there are some here, Im not an artist. But I demand that they give us other contests of winning a key. Hey like how about solo tournament in war3, duh. (going to offer it).

They have said multiple times they are doing other contests for beta keys. This is just the first one so far. Oh also, this is sc2, not wc4, they would never do a wc3 tourney for beta keys.

Level 22
Well if they do tourneys they won't be only in brood war. Also in war3, afterall SC2 is not wc4 but has features of war3. I'll be looking for those contests they annoounce. And how come top war3 players have also tested sc2 (not only BW players), so Blizzard are not discriminating warcrafters. ToD is going to play sc2 he said it a long time ago, I'm sure others will do that too, so there will be hu warcrafters to play SC2 wooho im with them, will learn from them when they get good.

Level 34
I remember being in the WoW beta. Man that was a while ago.

Meh, playing betas are cool, but the game is often much improved upon release. Besides, I've got DoW2 to beta test, who needs SC2?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.