• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is the update of Warcraft III closer than we think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Blizzard_Large_transparency.png

So, Blizzard has made an interesting job opening regarding a position that would be directly related to improving some of their classic games including Warcraft III!

Could we actually get more information on the project, this BlizzCon, which happens to be tomorrow? There have been official talks about an Engineering Panel this year, so who knows? What does everyone think about this?

Last edited:
Probably just bugfixes for modern operating systems.

True, but that wouldn't be a bad thing! If they invest so much in getting it on modern platforms and on BattleNet2, then I doubt they would let the current bot-filled bnet stay--and imo, that is the main crux in wc3. You have a disjoint community and a ton of bots simply because of an outdated BNet.

I would love to see an HD update, but any update is welcome.

Level 19
what would this new update bring? I'm interested but, what more could they add that fans haven't already created her on the hive? I would like a better world editor, that would be awesome.

Level 2
I would love an HD remake, but if its just regular updates, I am fine with that too,
right now there's to many hackers online and you can't play a single melee game without
someone using maphack...

Status
Not open for further replies.