• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Official {Unamed} Futuristic Roleplaying Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
OOC: I think it's a Monasteriense of abyssus but that just me. Well then back to the battle.

IC: The Norththro'dir saw part of the kraken. "Charge." The the small fleet moved to attack the barbaric race of murderers. They're ship have been design to have close ranged weapons. Some had shredders, others rippers and the rest electro nets.

The holis saw a part of the Kraken. "What is that. It does not seem to be an old war being. Engage with maximum alert, we must see what it is." The Holis fleets moved around the system to give room to the others.

OOC: The holis are going to be defeated by the kraken, also the Norththro'dir will have heavy causalities. That war for ya. Haud maioribus veneratio tunc tutela alius.

Level 35
OOC: why are you running into a beam that just vapourised a few lingering Abominations? The Simonari (zyomanari) fled a while back. This battle is over, and the portal is quickly closing, leaving behind the remnants of his nebula while the kraken sinks to the deeper regions of his own.

Level 23
OOC: Everyone's pulling out to lick their wounds. :p Despite your appearance there, SolMaster, you don't have to be a part of every battle. Not even the major battles need you there all the time. Unless you have a good reason to join the chaos, it's best to stay out, like me! :D Patience can be your greatest ally, if you know when to act.

Level 14
OOC: Sorry I am bloodthirsty when there's battle. Well ignore my attack post. Haud maioribus veneratio tunc tutela alius. I have failed it. The more battles I not fight in, it seem I don't get war-hungry.

Level 35
OOC: Well at the moment The Kraken has re-secluded himself on the otherside, and the warp portals are closed. So basically, this is a down turn point in the RP where people can do their 'observations' on what just happened, and be all freaked out.

Level 23
OOC: Except for the Chozo of course. They aren't aware of the battle yet. :p

True. Both the Kraken's weapon, and the Vultaran's beam weapons fired. (the two massive beams, not the standard beam cannons :p)

IC: The Chozo schematics were well underway. Black Sun would send a drone in a week's time to contact the Vultaran ships for an update on the hopeful alliance. In the mean time, engineers would continue to design the new weapons to Chozo standards. Shape, hull materials, engines, and secret components to be revealed to the Vultarans. And, as a precaution, a special computer was being set up for the weapon specifically. This would hopefully keep intruders out, and safely permit allies through. A special station would be built to maintain the weapons, and keep them in control. All they would need afterwards is to compare it to Vultaran technologies to improve it's effectiveness.

Level 23
The speed at which the Alier-Inira were expanding was increadible, they had already created something that resembled a large city, and reached a population of 1 million, they now also had made personal 'wings' (rocked propelled mostly) and had already explored half of the planet, of which 1/10 in greater detail. Though they still kept on giving a lot of their resources to the Koldir, which in turn, were prepairing their first shipment of resources for the Vultarans, which they still didn't quite know how to deliver, since they didn't agree on a time, date or place...

Level 14
All the ships of the Norththro'dir left the system and warped back home. The holis stayed, the War-leader was over looking the data of the battle they had just watch. "Send a copy of this data to the counselor of war. Anyone here saw that thing in the gas? I went over records after records looking for something similar. My idea is that this is an old foe who has learned new tricks. We may be facing a monstrosity. You guys have not read though all the wars. The first space war and the second space war. They have stated that the Laminari, new name, had beings who are insane and powerful. The most feared of these beings, The Raven, the scourge of Holisa." They floated there, their minds going back and forth between RUN FOR YOUR LIVES and BUILD UP THE DEFENSES. "In the tongue of the old. There is no greater glory then protecting others. We will build a base on the ruins of Iegas. It will be heavily protected. Pilot, set course to Iegas. Set up cloaking fields and building morphs. We land in the mountains." The ships left to a planet where no life can be reborn. A planet where an old war took it's friends, which now over a galaxy which was once a Fortress of an old race, now split in two.

OOC: Elenai, I heading over to an old Fortress world of yours. How much this this going to cost me? My fleet will withstand firepower, but not any other power.

Level 14
Meanwhile away from the carnage in the Siltarion? system the Ugrentiens sent out a small convoy of ships the the Koldir trying to seal an alliance. They approached the wormholestation. "Greetings. Would you allow us to meet with your leader?"

Level 35
OOC: I am not even entirely sure what Iegas is....

Is this an old Monstrosity? (starfortress) or an abandoned colony of the Melodari empire?

Ievos would probably be the proper rendering in Melodari/Laminari. And if it is one of our worlds I would need to devise a history for it to see what it would have. And I will probably need to know what you are referencing. An old Melodari fortified planet in this region of space would have put the Koldir at a disadvantage, they have not come across it I deem.

Honestly, I don't see why you don't settle a moon, or a non-inhabited planet, instead of besieging an old Melodari stronghold...which is just as bad as taking on a Monstrosity really...if it is still functioning at any rate.

Level 14
OOC: Iegas, the world where the holis took a foothold. The Melodari/Holis War 1's first massive battle, one where the rest of the system was destroyed. The melodari took the planet as spoils of war, rearranging the cities of it. Iegas once had the ability to rebuild life but now, after years of war, it became a dead planet and the melodari left but placed a star fortress there, encase the Holis came back.
The ruins of Iegas vast cities and pieces missing from the planet. Mountains and vast waste lands litter the planet. It's riches plundered by the victors, it resources down to rare levels. The Asteroids still rich in metals and gems.

Last edited:
Level 35
OOC: I'm going to be honest, I don't think the Melodari would have taken a planet without a sun....since...it would quickly have stopped orbiting, and become really inhabitable, really fast. And the Melodari don't re-arrange planet surfaces, they might be brutes, but they are ecological ones. Seems like a planet they might have just thoroughly bombarded as the original 'time dilation field' protected world....but....we would not have built there afterwards.

Level 23
OOC: An old fortress world of the Melodari empire... sounds like fun. Oo Have to agree with Elenai though, planets without suns grow increasingly cold, and uninhabitable. I did have a similar planet in one of my scifi game concepts, a rogue planet, with a machinery-based base built upon it's surface. Being bathed in an eternal night, only the distant stars provided what little light was visible on the rogue planet. But, being a jungle planet, my excuse for the enviroment's existance was a strong network of geothermal vents. Other than the vents, the planet is rather cold. Luckily for the planet, the geothermal vents are well scattered across the surface, keeping life capable of bearing the drop in temperature. Perhaps a similar concept can be used? Occassional volcanic activity on the planet's surface provides the occassional insulator of ash for the otherwise cold plants. :p Just providing a way that a planet lacking a system could possibly sustain life. Please fix any innaccuracies you find. It'll help me refine the concept. (Due to it's location in my game concept, it becomes a secondary location for a deep space base, due to it's proximity to local systems in Earth-controlled space)

Level 14
OOC: Its going to become that soon. Here's the defenses. The orbiting rocks create scanner interference, "hittable" chance, hidden weapons. Drones to attack and activate hidden weapons. Ships for extra support.

Level 23
OOC: What kind of drones? :3 There are various methods of drone utilization. The Chozo use drone control for unit deployments. But, there are other types, such as modern day missiles, where the target is selected, and one hopes the missiles hit. An example of a scifi version would be the Ancient drones from Stargate, simply swarming out like locusts, and running through an enemy's hull before it can't take any more damage and dies. In this case, it'd be single hit missiles. But, I have to doubt the capabilities of a race not utilizing drones to develope efficient drone weapons and units. Races like the Chozo, whose military structure is deep in drone developement (Beam sentry, sentry turrets, the Combat and Pursuit drones, and the Asteroid Launchers, as well as my new weapon being developed) would have a better chance of developing it. So, I don't know if the Melodari ever delved into drone technologies, as well as the Luminari. I hear the Vultarans have maddled a bit in it, thought it hasn't appeared to be the extent of the Chozo deployments.

Level 14
OOC: One word, Replicators, my version. These have hive mind, set to convert enemy ships into more of them. Inside ships, they will try to grow in numbers. If over runned, they become Cultivator, the metal beasts. So, how scary does that place going to be.

Last edited:
Level 35
OOC: So basically, you are wanting to fight one of the Monstrosities? (the star fortresses, and monstrosities are the same thing, in essence a monstrosity like The Kraken, is a star fortress whose AI has become insane, or in Raven's case, gone rogue)

...In that case...you won't be settling that planet very soon....>_> since The Kraken was really a normal star fortress and a non-veteran...this one has seen battle, he will be ruthless, especially with the new technology that The Kraken has been sharing on the AI linkwork.

Level 23
OOC: ... Replicators, evergrowing in numbers... over-run? Oo I really dunno about EMP mines (as that would kill them), hidden weapons, and missiles. Metallic beasts is going a bit too far though. A simple display of replicator-launching missiles (deploy a pair of replicators to begin replicating and infesting a ship) and sheer numbers would be best. A Hive mind is excellent as well. Metallic beasts, EMP mines, and explosives are a bit bad for their image. Especially if they are to be a defense system, then numbers themselves are the way to go. Still it's hard to take something and turn it into metal, if it has no metal components. But I think, what you mean to say is that they incorporate any metals they acquire, into the new units. So, the units will all have differing mineral counts from various metals. SHips tend to already be metal, and just need to be pulled apart peice by peice and chewed down to it's bases to build more. But that is essentially the limit to their abilities in any series or game. Can't have superreplicating machines programmed to build nukes on a whim, and subspace rupture technology. Just ot practical. (don't get any ideas. Your races don't know anything about subspace, SolMaster)

... people need to flee when they see the Kraken. He is too eager to share D:

Level 35
OOC: The Laminari (la-minari :p) haven't developed 'Drones' that know of yet. Though that might be something on the trading table if they would ever meet the chozo.

The Melodari Star Fortress have 'drones' in a way, but in the form of The Servants, like the cherubim. But they are more like miniature arboreal intelligence (AI) driven gundams rather than drones.

Level 23
OOC: Basic maintenance drones it sounds like. Not the hardest to develop, like all the advanced military weapons the Chozo keep creating. XD Even the Chozo have been trying to bring the maintenance and construction drones down to a single model instead of the 5-20 types that currently exist. It's the Drone HUBs that are their masterpeice though. :p The more important success than the beam cannons and subspace. The technology that brought them to where they are today. :D

Level 14
OOC:Edited the drones part. *Spoiler* The black hand will raise again, but I need help find someone who can play "additive evil". Meaning an evil who knows who to control other races though being "Kind and lovable race of cold calculating evil".*Spoiler*

Level 14
OOC: Why must the Black Hand rise?... Why can't we have peace? The Black Hand seems godmoddish in a way anyway.

The closest one to I'ron Kamica.

Level 14
OOC: Yet there easy easy to kill as the rest of the races. Peace in temporary as is war. There will be a peace that last forever, death. The war that shakes the foundations of the universe begins. Just after a pay word for the black hand. :,D

Level 23
OOC: So... you want the Black Hand to have an AI or intellgence that knows the details of each race? And how to control them, etc? I'm sorry, but the Admiral doesn't listen to outside sources too much, especcially foreign. So, despite your violent behaviour, the only thing you've managed to break so far, are my gates. :p And those were repaired. Besides, the Admiral anticipates your arrival. And, when that happens, you shall be the guest of honor...
mwahaha.gif

Edit: I'm not really seeing the changes in the drones section, Sol. But, of all the races, the Chozo could be dubbed the Drone race, technilogically, due to the levels of which drones play in their military. :p

Level 23
OOC: Oh I'm really amazed... (sarcasm) I can't wait to see how you try to secretly influence the Chozo, with the immediant leader close-minded to outside opinions. He only has a Council to manage the empire while he's gone. But even they are kept on a tight leash. :p So, good luck (actually, no. I don't wish you any luck) with trying to influence the Chozo government. :p

Level 14
OOC: We will see, We will see. Lets begin the battle in the system then the awaking of the black hand.

IC: Holis entered the system and creep closer to Iegas.

Level 23
OOC: Closest to the I'ron system is the Treean protected system, bunch of fleshy trees =D, harmless, but you're not allowed to even enter it's magnetic field, though the base is further from it, so no worries.)

IC: "Sorry, our leader is a busy person, I can, however, see in my data-base that you are a friendly race, and have been allowed to go to the secondary system, we will open the gate momentarily" A kind woman's voice said, then, a few moments later, the wormhole was open "Please make sure you are out of the wormhole in 20 minutes, you may enter now"

Level 14
OOC: Elenai I thought your caravan left? If they are still there the Shentarions need to speak with you. Now.

IC: "We have no wish to go into another system. We were just hoping you could share some of your maps to the neighboring star systems."

Meanwhile.
Marin'Moa's (I believe thats the name... i don't wanna look :( ) ship slowly flew over the icy plains straight towards the Laminari camp. The Chief was to his side in his own ship. "I don't know why you wish to speak with the Laminari, but very well you shall."

Level 35
OOC: They did leave, but they returned later to study I'ron's (Camad as they call it) ancient Melodari technology.

IC:

My lord, a ship is approaching.

Asame's soft, semi-sarcastic voice rang over the chamber's com system.

MMMgh!fggh...

Crumbs spewed out of Elui's mouth as he jerked back from his studies.

I'm not even. *gulp* dressed yet.

Here are your clothes my lord...Do be sure to put on your undergarments this time.

Hey, that was one time! Now if you will be so kind as to stop your incessant giggling...

Elui donned his robes, and began to make his way to the door: Touching it, as it folded back like a fan.

My lord....you still forgot your undergarments...

Level 14
OOC: Elui's gone commando, LOL.

IC: The fleet has gone deeper and deeper into the rocky system. They saw some thing in the distance and stopped. It figure distort and it seemed familiar.

Level 10
The black hand will raise again, but I need help find someone who can play "additive evil". Meaning an evil who knows who to control other races though being "Kind and lovable race of cold calculating evil".
hah. I'd love to see you try influencing my Vultarans. But there are two problems with that. 1. Nobody knows where they are, as all data is in encrypted Vultaran or the screeching that my AI has. XD
2. No matter who you are, the Vultarans would kill you. The Chozo began allies because they had something that intrigued the Vultarans. Not to mention that they had similiar technology.

I don't approve of a race that knows about all of the other races, since there are some races that keep to themselves. And besides, the galaxy is very, very large. At the best, you'd have maybe 20 races minimum.

Level 23
OOC: I do not allow you to know more about my protected races than the Koldir know! By the way, you CAN'T know anything about the Alier-Inira, since they only just were created, and you haven't posted anything about drones or other scanning devices >.>)

IC: The gate collapsed again "Now, that was an energy costly mistake..." The woman said "Anyway, we are not allowed to interchange tactical information, so I can only give you a civilian map, which is purely occular, and shows connections of the wormholegates... sending them through" a moment later some interactive maps with sound files got send "Since the translation devices can't translate written language, I have included a vocal file, if you touch any part on the map, it will zoom in, and detailed, non-military information will be given to you through speech, anything else we can help you with?"

Level 35
OOC: The Laminari can't be controlled....free will is one of the very beautiful gifts given by Laminad, not to mention they are fiercely independent of other races. Their Melodari ancestry also gives them that 'cultural edge' of "Hey! We were once rulers of what may have been the single most powerful empire in the galaxy, holding a full arm of its spiraling mass in our elder ages....we shall not be bent". And if Elui's character has shown anything...they are highly resistive to such control, they are far too free, and happy.

On the note of 'knowing about all the races', I reserve the right to knowing and controlling the knowledge concerning the Melodari, and Laminari. The Melodari kept many, many secrets, and the vast majority of their worlds were deep in controlled, highly defended space in their Empire-held arm of the galaxy. Especially their tactical knowledge, and logistics. Their culture may have some background in public eye, but only so far. And most of that would have been gathered from the Trade worlds, or Military shows of might on the fringes of their galactic arm. The Melodari civilisation is also mostly in ruins, or buried deep beneath the jungles of their planets, blown to bits during the civil wars after The Revelation, or in the case of some...turned into deserts, or extreme places, as their floating cities crashed down into the surface to be consumed by the whim of nature.

They are very well hidden, as a result.

The Laminari are even more secretive, dwelling in safe nebulae, as nomads in space, holding only camps on various worlds, and then disappearing without a trace.

Level 23
OOC: lol I see everyone has found a way to say "screw you" XD We all have our race's ways of security from external influences.

DarkKnight@ Who was the drone/scanning device comment for? I recall sacrid sending drones when he warped out, as Vultaran aren't blinded by nebulas, having adapted their technology for it. If it's about SolMaster though, then I would have to agree with you. He has been able to spirit charges onto my jump gates, and have them strong enough to shatter them (before I discovered that the complete version was already in peices. lol) SolMaster likes to leave out crucial details like planting charges across things in the blink of an eye. :/ But intruding on my territory will be much more painful now. :p

Level 35
OOC: If he insists on going to this..."Iegas" where apparently a veteran starfortress (monstrosity) is in orbit.....he'll soon find himself a rather bit displeased at the loss of what ever arms he is carrying.

Infact, I am actually so surprised at the mere thought that he is going to take a Monstrosity head on, that I don't believe it and will have to ask him "What 'are' you doing?"

Status
Not open for further replies.