• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Official {Unamed} Futuristic Roleplaying Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
OOC: Nebulas by their very nature scatter, and scramble scanning devices...atleast at this sort of range, due to all the interference. That is why ships always hide in nebulas on those startrek like shows. :D

Basically, I'm surrounding the whole battle in the fog of war.

Level 14
The scanners were disrupted and Zerentimon slammed his hand on the wall in anger. "Ready for...retreat. I'm not able to fight a battle in a nebula. This is madness."

Last edited:
Level 35
The nebula at last filled the whole of the battle field...encasing the combatants in a thick mist of sensory suffocating dust.

The void of space was silent, as the whisps of blue and purple drifted aimlessly on the solar winds.

All the warp rifts were sealed....save one...through which the long arm of doom stretched out to seize the prey.

From their bays on the other side, spinnerets had quickly gathered at the entrance of the rift, maneuvering their way through the dusty sea, braiding together as they flowed through the scrambling fog....silently....deadly...carefully...

It came atlast in range of its first victim, a small attack Zyomanarian attack craft...

And with a blazing fast snap, in the silence of space, like a leaping serpent sinking its fangs into the unsuspecting rodent, it struck the ship, wrapping its pulsing tentacle braids around the dark scarlet hull, dragging the trapped screaming crew back through the rift mere seconds after their poor barbaric souls were caught in his grip.

The doomed ship's bow sank through the hidden rift, barely a centimeter past the event horizon as the tear in space-time closed behind it! The ship, the crew, and their blood curdling screams....ceased...as the nebula fell quiet again.

Level 14
"King Odin, we have news that a nebula is covering the field. It causing our scanners to malfunction. Sir, .................... I just got reports of the fleet being ready." Odin walked over to the window. He knew the nebula was a little to perfect. "I call the battle, we march now but await until the non enemies are gone. The Holis are going to meet us there. Live free and die well." He walked over and sat on his throne. He had a paper up his sleeve. This was a statement that once signed, all Norththro'dir warriors will go to war. He pulled it out and signed it, this was the final step for war preparations. All now was in limbo.

Level 35
OOC: If...she sees its old foes. I have yet to even introduce Raven into the RP itself as a character. I'm not entirely sure how you've managed to sneak your way into a battle that....has nothing to do with you. I used deep space sensors to pick up the largest warfare-material exchange within the close proximity of my sector: To gather prizes (and to introduce some warfare bits) and to help thin out some of the power of Gath's attack. What is your purpose here?

You might not know about The Kraken...but I'd rather you not enter into the nebula. Seems a bit crowded as it is; even The Kraken himself isn't actually in the nebula itself, but is still on the other side of the sector.

Level 14
OOC: It a battle between, Norththro'dir vs gath's race, Holis vs the kracken. So its two battles instead of one.

Edit:Oh sorry, thought the raven was the Kraken. Norththro'dir do have a sense of honor that sometimes get in the way. They follow the rules of the lists. That means I can't enter until they need help, they ask for my help or leave the area. So you see my problem there.

Level 23
OOC: I fail to see how you can disect the battle and throw the Vultarans into the trash pile, Sol. They are currently battling the Zyomanrai, not you. I think we will all be rather adamant in you not joinging the battle. I'm not even touching it. 4 races is pushing the limit on proper battles. And the Vultarans only joined because they own the Koldir. :/

Level 35
OOC: I will battle you at my own pace and timing. I mean...I haven't even gotten to play with Gath yet for an age and a half...be patient. The Kraken is a god-mod counter, and a continuous plot device for the RP to keep it from going stagnant when it slows down (and personally just a fun thing for me to play with at times when I don't feel like running a whole fleet). It isn't a raid dungeon to just 'run' any time you please.

Not to mention I have a few very specific, and secret plans to carry out regarding this most crucial of encounters. An all out battle with the Holis interferes with this plan...

Level 10
OOC: Gath, do you remember that you can DELETE your posts? And Solmaster, I thought you said you were only going to WATCH the battle, not join it. I hope Elenai slaughters you. I guess it's a good thing my vultarans have adapted to anomalies and sensor interferance. My ship is its own giant gas miner. lol Oh, and Darknight, you need to remember ot put in IC when you RP. I saw a post on this page where that's missing.

IC: "Commander, i'm detecting a nebula forming." Asura said. "Where's it coming from?" "I'm finding small subspace holes around the battlefield. I think we should leave." Asura warned. "Very well. Start with the turrets. We don't want to lose those." The prototype fired through the enemy fleet, leaving a very large gap in the fleet, as it has disintegrated everything. The turrets then began to enter subspace, backwards. And the prototype did the same. reverana's fleet went last, as the other Commanders left to go back to their work. Before leaving, Reverana gave Asura one last command. "Launch a few drones. I want to see what's going on here." The drones were launched and the fleet left the battle. The drones then activated their cloaking technology and spread out, away from the nebula gases.

Level 14
OOC: I wouldn't enter the battle sol...

IC:

Zerentimon stared in horror as something grabbed one of his ships and then a beam cut a hole straight through several of his ships. "Full retreat!!"
His ships scattered flying off in different directions in panic. The Abominations turned to face whatever had entered.

"Father? Why have you come father?"

Level 35
The Kraken having assimilated the now shattered attack craft into his girdle, grinned widely.

More rifts opened as long tentacles shot through their openings, grabbing the ships, and dragging them bruised and screaming through the space-time gaps, like fish in the maw of some cruel beast. Each rift closing as the tentacle entangled ships slipped behind them...squeazed lifeless, and set afloat in his orbit.

Meanwhile:

Six large tentacles spewed out from a massive warp-portal, grappling around with one of the Fiendships.

Two of the six split their braids, and tied their writhing forms around the primitive flattery-formed tentacles of the Abomination to its very own bow, effectively arresting it, as the four remaining arms of The Kraken pulled it against all will power, and engine thrusts that quickly proved futile, as the doomed Abomination, like a squid caught in the grip of its gigantic ancestor was pulled into the warp.

As the large event horizon closed behind it, the Fiendship hovered face-to-face with The Kraken...

A loud, and maniacal laugh burst through the channels: As the tentacle entangled fiend was met by a seventh tentacle...

It bored itself deep into the hull of the ship, and with a mighty force tore it in half: deshelling it like a lobster as its inner chambers, crew, and the AI spewed out into the void...while the intense laser fire shot them through, as they helplessly floated...dead.

Now empty of its contents, The Kraken pulled the dead squid like ship into his gaping maw, straight to the forge where his mighty servants quickly scanned, dissected, and sent the data streaming through the mainframe.

Level 23
OOC: Everyone's fleeing >.>)

IC:"Sir" "I'm not a soldier anymore Mapai" "Oh, sorry, Kamica, our sensors are blocked by the nebula, though the pressure sensors on the outside of the hull can now be used to hear sound, since the nebula has a mass, and anything with a mass can conduct sound" "Okay, let us listen instead of watch then" then, a faint explosion could be heard "Why's the volume so low?" "Well, the density of the nebula just isn't high enough to let a lot of sound through, though I could throw up the volume, this will allow us to hear any sort of damage a ship might get, and it'll allow us to hear ships moving by, but only within a kilometer of distance" "Fair enough" The sound now got louder, and several sounds could be heard "What are those sounds?" "I don't know, it sounds like some sort of an engine, it shares very faint comparisons with our hyperspace engine" "So, someones joining the battle again?" "No, it sounds more like starting... oh... it's gone" "They fled?" "seems so" "Let's search for the remainder, send out a message on Vultaran wavelengths" "Okay"
Mapai then send a message "Vultaran fleet, we are experiencing a dense nebula forming around us, and sensors are off, though we've found an alternative, what's your status?"

OOCEdit: o_O I just figured... the Kraken doesn't have plasma blade technology yet >.> this might become suckish if he were to absorb the wormhole station(since it has people with plasma swords and fighters onboard)... or my ship <.<)

Level 14
"Why does father attack us?" "We are fools we must flee!!"

The Zyomanrai had now made more or less blind jumps into space now all remaining were the Abominations which now turned and began to flee. Several did not flee however.

"From his loins did we come to them we must return! Face oblivion!"

Level 35
The Kraken viewing through his deep space sensors penetrating through the warped space saw these brave Abominations standing forward in the nebula, as the rest of their kin fled like scarlet cowards.

Contenders...They say they are my children? Fools, I will show them their arrogance. I already have my prize.

He waved his hand, gesturing with control, and mastery as three large rips in space appeared before his looming shell....merging into one large portal.

He lugged his massive being forward, and flew forward at great speed, lifting his other arm up to command his vessel:

Outside the outer crust, the shell, of The Kraken opened, and began to fold back, something like a set of huge gaping maws, a series of vicious many toothed mouths, irised open at the front. Long spinnerets of biometal hung down and snapped together, forming a weaved network within its jaws, weaved together like the baleen teeth of a devilish whale. Sparks of blue energy began to crackle between the cavernous walls, and the tightly strung bio-steel threads, soon a long series of eldritch energies pulsed, and flickered amidst its teeth, long arcs of deadly blue rode across its surface.

The Kraken standing in his throne, threw back his chest, taking a deep breath, almost as if he were drawing in the very air of a storm: The nebula that still surrounded him began to draw itself into the beast, past the electrified baleen threads of the Kraken's mouth, drawing in, deep and fast as it seemed to breathe, emptying a huge mass from the nebula; even the nebula that surrounded the abominations on the other side pulled itself through the gaping portal into him, leaving nothing but clear unabated line of vision in the void between The Kraken...and the Abominations who hovered on the other side of the massive portal, staring them down The Kraken held his nebulous breath, his baleen teeth continued to crackle, and seethe all the more as the gaseous contents were sealed behind its pulsing threads.

OOC: I'll leave a pause for my next action; for effect, I think the abominations should get a chance to do something or see The Kraken, before I destroy them in the epic fashion I've devised.

...its a secret though. :3

Level 14
"Commander Thor, the gas is decreasing." Thor was confused by this. "What! Have you been at Ol' Olaf's again." The solder stood there with a look of yes. "Commander, that besides the point, The reports are here and stating that the nebula is decreasing in mass." Thor took the paper and read. "Great, this galaxy is strange. Back on ours we didn't have this insanity." Thor sat on his chair over looking space.

"War leader, we made the fold and got report of the nebula. It looks like its being compressed." The current war leader for the holis was over looking the data. "Only a few types of thing we know can do this. We may want to keep back until the gas goes down. Bring up files on Monstrosities and other such beings. I have a idea on whats out there." He had been chosen to decide the course of action. If he was dealing with a surviving monstrosity, he would need details on it's design.

Level 14
OOC: It not going to be a text thing but a he is just looking at the data. So it keeps to the surprise. Besides I rebuilding a guardian, Holis version of a monstrosity. Not the size of a moon but half the size. Completely sane and powerful.

Level 14
OOC: Wait a second so... You amazingly know detailed files about a mysterious being and his "brand! new!" tactic in which you have never seen before and you can create a "Guardian" that is half the size of the monstrosity and I am assuming you mean half as powerful as well. Also it is completely sane where the very essence of controlling the amount of power should drive the welder insane. You someone with a brief knowledge of the creature where as my Zyomanrai which are descendants of the original creators of the thing and have amassed mostly every surviving document about the monstrosities can only dream of producing a creature with a mere fraction of a fraction of a fraction of its power and size.
My Abominations are already approaching the line of godmodding what you are describing would be a giant leap past that line as well as undeniably impossible and improbable.
BLASPHEMY!

IC: "Our father betrays our love?" A light whimper could be heard over the transmission full of static. Thousands of turrets on the Abominations began to fire of the Monstrosity. The bio metal began to bind and morph in thousands of places along the hull. Small ships burst forth numbering in the tens of thousands. They began to swarm The Kraken firing on it. The tentacles lashed out attacking the monstrosity as well. The Abominations had made one final assault even as seemingly pointless as it was.

Level 14
OOC: *Points at a near destroyed Unity* That the guardian's ancestor, they are weaker then the Monstrosities but a special weapon. The unity are the weapon that hold the line. This Unity will be rebuilt as a Guardian. Meet the Elladine, in whats left of her glory. She was lost until holis patrols found her and now are rebuilding her to a point where she can travel to a star forge.
Towards the tactic thing, Holis have a thought that its a Monstrosity. So gath, I can defeat the kraken when its done.

Level 23
OOC:
Outside the outer crust, the shell, of The Kraken opened, and began to fold back, something like a set of huge gaping maws, a series of vicious many toothed mouths, irised open at the front. Long spinnerets of biometal hung down and snapped together, forming a weaved network within its jaws, weaved together like the baleen teeth of a devilish whale.
... Pacman... :eek:

"Si... uuhm, Kamica, the density of the nebula is decreasing again" Mapai said "Strange" Kamica answered "Slowly move towards where the gas is going to."
Actually, that'd be increasing. It's all being drawn into one spot, and that means applying more pressure to force it all down. :p

BLASPHEMY!
Agreed.

So gath, I can defeat the kraken when its done.
Unfortunately, I see that as unlikely, as I managed to beat you, and I went toe-to-toe with it on three occassions, hardly doing a dent! D: You won't be able to destroy it so easily. Elenai has tricks up his sleeves, and fighting the Kraken or any other monstrosity isn't as straightforward as once may like. But, that's the joy of fighting it! It isn't predicatable! :D It pushes the limits of players! :D

Level 14
OOC: I was weakened for the last time. I could have won the war by the missles. SO be lucky that I didn't finish the war. Your ultimatum would NOT have work because the data would be in mental waves.

Level 23
OOC: Every computer has a hard-drive. Still, we got eachother's data. But you didn't get major intel, like weapon placements, fleet distribution, and technology reviews and schematics. Just like I didn't get much more than where your ships have been, their names, maybe a log of comms, and possibly a map indicating Holis space. But trust me when I say this... my ultimatum has been well thought out. It would be foolhardy to suffer great losses without a care. But somehow, I sense the losses I would create, wouldn't be too important to you... I know it'd be really important to me if I suffered the specific losses of the Ultimatum I designed. :p

Level 14
OOC: I've seen some specs on The Kraken from Elenai and trust me. If one you don't cross godmodding which by what your describing will then good freaking luck. Its rather impossible.

Level 35
OOC: Actually Gath, I haven't started firing just yet :p and my tentacles aren't being used for this endeavor. Remember, this is a surprise device... :3 I wanted to give you an epic send off.

If I may have your permission, I would like to just attack your swarm if that is okay (without using turrets/tentacles)

As for the Holis taking on The Kraken...rest assured if they did indeed god-mod in order to try and take the monster down: That would only infuriate the whole purpose of The Kraken and his kind anyway....that being a God-mod counter.

Elenai has tricks up his sleeves, and fighting the Kraken or any other monstrosity isn't as straightforward as once may like. But, that's the joy of fighting it! It isn't predicatable! :D It pushes the limits of players! :D

Pushes the limits of my imagination too! :D I really enjoy seeing how powerful, and exotic I can make the beast. ^^ And always wondering if someone will find little kinks in the armour and finally defeat The Kraken. :p

Level 35
OOC: OH!...okay. Sorry...can't believe I missed that. Thank you very much for pointing that out.

IC:

Come, come. Closer indeed dear pretenders, closer...

The Kraken thought to himself, as he held his breath.

The abominations flung themselves forward, their tentacles writhing, gun batteries blasting: Their ammunition pitting his hull, like gnats stinging a tree...futile...useless...

His baleen maw began to flicker, pulsing from bright azure light, to dim, deep purple: The Kraken in his throne jerked back, and then lunged forward!

Raaaargh!

Letting loose a great roar, as he released his held breath! Forcing it out of him like a dragon spewing his fill.

The baleen teeth flared up with a great light, eldritch energies arced, and cracked violently as the whole void seemed to fill with static!

The highly compressed nebulous gas, and particles of dust held behind the massive jaws that covered the whole hemisphere of the beast sieved through the energized bio-metal threads, and shot out of The Kraken in the form of a huge, voracious, highly charged, highly dense, particle beam of super hot plasma; consuming everything in its path, melting rock into solid glass, and burrowing deep into the nebula that remained behind, still floating aimlessly where The Kraken had left it; Where ever the beam touched the spacial fog, the particles of gas and dust erupted, then fused together into a glossy tunnel of molten, highly charged semi-solid plasma.

The abominations who dared to stand before The Kraken, those poor wretched fools, how doomed they were; so small compared to his spherous girth, caught between his mouth and the nebula behind. Were vapourised...as Kraken generously filled the channels with his haughty, victorious laugh.

____

The dragon's breath...Oh how terrible was the assault of this foul serpent...The Kraken...The Kraken...The Kraken...

-Log I; anonymous

Last edited:
Level 35
OOC: Melodari, but yes, Laminari is a direct dialectual descendant, and not too different, since the Laminari maintained much of the knowledge of the Melodari, only enhanced it. The Zyomanari went through a dark age, so their language went a very different route, assumedly (based on what I've seen of Gath's language-character name style.

Level 14
The Zyomanrai ships fled back into the void of space. They would rebuild and continue their conquest of the universe. Now however they knew what they were up against. Woe to the poor fools who meet the Zyomanrai in the distant future. Woe to them.

Level 23
OOC: Though the aspect of portal warfare has arisen in another (dead) scifi RP, due to sacrid's designs for it, I find it rather annoying to face, though I hadn't had the chance before the RP died. Ultimately, it is another level of warfare tactics, but is aggitating to fight back, as you only have a small window to shoot through, and the user of the portal warfare has a small area to protect, never fearing of being surrounded or flanked. So, in a way, it is a cheap method of pwning enemies, but highly effective and origional in scifi means. I think I have used an example of that once... but I don't recall. It was something minor though. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.