• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

===[NEW] Spell Workshop [NEW]===

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
The stun system exactly
Other than that, I can possibly think of a variable to use BUT no... Not the stun system..

Also, iAcce, you didn't tell me how much is the draining life of Soul Steal effects
50 HP/sec? 100 HP/sec? WHAT ???

Level 3
Ill check the Shift now :)

True words there skull, ill try to make some of them myselfe ^^

And the lifesteal should be [(Spell level * Target level) + (Spell level * (Caster level/15))]

Just tried shift: PERFECT!

Utah@
1. He revives
2. They got spells (You choose :D )
3. They are normal units

Level 11
hey, im done with it.
just make a code, convert it to jass,
and put this inside

JASS:
library StunSystem initializer OnInit
    struct stun
        private static thistype Count = 0
        private static thistype Count2 = 0
        private static thistype Count3 = 0
        private unit stunned = null
        private real duration = 0
        private effect eff = null
            static method Unit takes unit who, real duration returns nothing
                set Count = Count + 1
                set Count2 = Count2 + 1
                set Count.stunned = who
                call PauseUnit(who, true)
                call IssueImmediateOrder(who, "stop")
                set Count.duration = duration
                set Count.eff = AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\Thunderclap\\ThunderclapTarget.mdl", who, "overhead")
            endmethod

private static method OnLoop takes nothing returns nothing
                set Count3 = 0
                if Count > 0 then
                    loop
                    set Count3 = Count3 + 1
                        if Count3.duration > 0 then
                            set Count3.duration = Count3.duration - 0.032
                        else
                            call PauseUnit(Count3.stunned, false)
                            set Count3.stunned = null
                            set Count3.duration = 0
                            call DestroyEffect(Count3.eff)
                            set Count2 = Count2 - 1
                            if Count2 == 0 then
                                set Count  = 0
                                set Count2 = 0
                                set Count3 = 0
                            endif
                        endif
                    exitwhen Count3 >= Count
                    endloop
                endif
            endmethod
    endstruct

private function OnInit takes nothing returns nothing
        call TimerStart(CreateTimer(), 0.032, true, function s__stun_OnLoop)
    endfunction
endlibrary

example how to use:

• Test Trigger
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set u = Blood Mage 0001 <gen>
      • Set t = 5.00
      • Custom script: call stun.Unit(udg_u, udg_t)
so basicly, just do that, and it will stun the unit for X time.

Level 33
@iAcce

The SBM Spell called Soul Steal...
Is it a channeling spell ? Or we can walk while casting this spell ?
And, under effect of SS, (I assume that he's channeling), while he channels it, ANY units attacks him will suffer a loss of mana and HP correct ?
And that loss will be transfered to SBM himself, right ?

Just need a confirmation ;D

Level 6
so i have been thinking of how i would make LoD Battle System and i don't even know how too start....but i will still think of how to do it.

Level 12
Unfortunately, Utha, all I can do is tell you what comes to mind. I haven't the slightest clue how to go about doing it, though. Dardas says it's possible. I assumed most of it was possible, only thing I was skeptical about was the accuracy of timing, and the visual indicator.

I would say, a good start would be making the double attack feature work. The rest can fall into place after.

First off, a "Spell" for attack needs to be made. Based off the unit's Attack damage. (Basically, just a regular attack, but in spell form, since the regular attack is non-existant).

The timing is where I get stuck. I'd say, for the first one, 1 second after the first hit (So, "Unit Deals Damage"; exists? Perhaps "Unit Receives Damage", if not?) would be when the second hit would have to be. I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing this. My guess would be something along wait .9-ish seconds (.8 or .85 if .9 isn't long enough gap?) after that damage is done, then fire another trigger allowing the double attack to be run. Perhaps the need to utilize a Countdown Timer would be necessary, though, ofc., without a window. But I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Anyway, When the timer (Of second hit: 1s) expires, the trigger that's turned on just previously, will, upon expiration, turn on the "Double Hit" trigger, wait .2s, then turn it off. Why .2? Because .19s is the average reaction rate of a college-aged adult (Although mine is somewhere around 0.09-0.10 on average, which everyone is always amazed at).

So in this example, we have 3 Triggers:

Trigger 1: When the hero attacks, and the damage is received by the enemy, it fires off a 1s timer. Also, included in this trigger, is after .9-ish seconds, the second trigger will turn on. (I'm not certain this .9s is actually necessary, after thinking about it more. Leaving it for sake of completeness.)

Trigger 2: Simply a bridge. Event: Timer Expiration. Upon the expiration of that timer, turn on the third trigger, and after .2s turn off the third trigger (And this one, if the timer in the first one is necessary)

Trigger 3: Is the second attack trigger. Enabling that, upon the button press, the second attack will be run.

The ONLY issue I'm having with this idea, is where to put the "If Not Pressed, End Sequence" part. I'm guessing in the second trigger, after turning off the third trigger. There may be a check or something? I'm not actually sure.

I hope this was enough brainstorming to get you started. Cause I'm about all petered out here. If you know how to go about doing what I said, I really think that would be a good place to start. I have absolutely no idea how to do most of that, or if it's possible in GUI, or at all.

Good luck, hope to hear some positive feedback, :D

Level 6
well i have seen a thing where you have to time where you have to use the arrow keys to increase damage in the map bleach vs one piece the character that uses it is Brook i think but not sure

Level 12
never played it. I don't much play maps anymore since i like the old ones no one wants to play anymore :(

blue td, murder in the sleepy town, kodo tag... ah. good times.

Level 11
yeah.. those really were good times ;p
well, im not sure utha can make it soo good without vjass/jass.
since of the easy idea it will not be mui, unless he knows how to index/hashtable.
look, in vjass its possible to take unit id, and set stuff thru it,
making you need to write this lines:
JASS:
AttackSystem.create(unittype) returns a count
AttackSystem.setCombo(count, combo-amount-of-hits) returns combo-number
AttackSystem.setDamage(count, combo-number) = 10
and so on.
i might be able to make it when i finish my own system.. which wont be too soon ;/

edit: yeah, its possible in gui, but alot more lines probably, cuz of the index part.. in vjass i can use a struct, that can fill up 8900(or 8100.. cant remember) unit types.
and basicly, you can do w/e you want... you just have to put info on EVERY UNITTYPE and all their combo info.. (thats the sad part)

Level 33
Soul Blade Master's Spell Pack is done !
I can't do triggering on Blade Mastery because it's too complex I think
iAcce, keep the spell list coming, my spirit is blazed to do it ;D

@dardas
I've assigned you to different request: Fire Titan
I would be doing Psykeeper

Last edited:
Level 12
yeah.. those really were good times ;p
well, im not sure utha can make it soo good without vjass/jass.
since of the easy idea it will not be mui, unless he knows how to index/hashtable.

It doesn't need to be MUI. At all. The only possible reason for it to be MUI is if you were to submit it to Hive as a resource. Cause my game uses a turn-based system, AND is only single-player. It's a Campaign. There's no need for MUI. NOTHING happens simultaneously during battle. Also, there's going to be around 5 heroes, although only three will be usable at a time, like in the old RPGs where such systems were prevalent.

Level 12
Doesn't really matter to me how it's made.

Difference is, if it's done in vJASS, I'm going to need you to remake and/or balance it for me, unless I get a JASSer for my project... ><

Level 33
===SPELL UPDATE===
*Horror is done (I changed your formula, it seems that your formula would end up as fraction value, thus, pausing the unit forever) - The target then get's paused for [(Spell level * Target level) / 100 changed to 5] seconds*
*Mind is 50% done*
*Nightmare is done*
*Betrayal had some bugs*
*Pain, Death and Fear, needs idea*

Level 6
hey i need help with a hero system type thing idk how too do it that is why i am posting it.this is what the hero is.

so i was thinking of a hero with a default spell which is a spell book.
with in the book are 3 abilities witch are:

(also if possible change weather he is range or melee)

Strength Form:Turns main attribute to strength and set spells he can learn to 3 tank spells and stats.{Melee}

Spell One:name=Ancient Armour
passive that reduces all enemy's damage within 500 area of the hero by

5/10/13/18/23/25

and reduce damage to you by 5%

6 levels

Spell Two:name=Weaken Magic
passive reduce magic damage to hero by a %

% 5/7/9/12/15/18

6 levels

Spell Three:name=Absorb
passive when hero falls below 15% Hp he will absorb all damage to him for 10 sec then shoot all damage absorbed out in a 600 aoe that harms you your allies and your enemy but does not damage buildings.

1 level

Agility Form:Turns main attribute to agility and set spells he can learn to 3 offense spells and stats.{Melee}

Spell One:name=Rock Smash
aoe spell makes the casting unit fly up in the air when in air he turns into a meteor to crash down dealing dmg in an aoe and stunning.

Damage in 350 aoe 125/150/175/200/225/250

stuns for 4 sec at all levels

{hero is invulnerable during spell}
levels 6

Spell Two:name=Deep Cleave
passive chance on hit to do a deep cleave damageing units by the hero for some damage and makeing them bleed for some damage after.

Chance % 5/8/10/13/15/18

Instant damage based on % of hero damage
25/35/45/55/65/75

Bleed damage done ever 1 sec for 5 sec
5/8/10/13/15/18

6 levels

Spell Three:name=Shock wave

Fly in the air swinging your weapon 3 times to create 3 shock waves at targeted area.

damage 75/85/95/105/115/125

Intelligence Form:Turns main attribute to int and set 1 damaging spell 1 damaging and healing spell and 2 healing spells and stats.{Range}

Spell One:name=Elemental Blast
target ground ~Shoot a random elemental ball to deal line damage~
~~Every Element Ball has a 25% chance to be choose to shoot~~

1st Element Ball=Ice
deals some dmg and slows units {level based on level of Elemental Blast}
dmg 50/75/100/125/150/150
slow % 5/8/10/13/16/18

2nd Element Ball=Fire
deals dmg and then does dmg over time {level based on level of Elemental Blast}
Instant dmg 75/100/125/150/175/200
dmg over time 5/7/10/12/15/17 (deals ever 2 sec for 20 sec)

3rd Element Ball=Earth
deals dmg and stuns {level based on level of Elemental Blast}
dmg 100/135/165/200/235/265
stun time 3/3/4/5/5/6

4th Element Ball=Wind
deals low dmg silences and knocks back
dmg 25/45/65/85/105/125
silence time 3/4/5/6/7/8
knock back for all levels 300

levels 6

Spell Two:name=Healing Ball

Place an orb on the ground that heals ally units in a 400 area every 2 sec

heal 5/8/10/13/15/18

orb lasts for 30sec

levels 6

Spell Three:name=Power of the Light

Beam of light from enemy and ally units dealing damage to enemy's and healing allies

Heal and damage base off % of casting hero's mana pool
% 10/15/20/25/30/35

levels 6

Spell Four:name=Angle

Place an angle on an ally hero or self that lasts for 15 sec if that target falls below 15% hp instantly heal the target to full hp and make him invulnerable for 5 sec.

levels 1

Level 3
Def, ideas on Pain, Death and Fear is up to you, do it however you want, as loong as it splits up :)

Otherwise great job :D

Soul Split caster doesn't revive :/
Any idea on how i can fix this quick? :)

Last edited:
Level 33
@iAcce
You didn't said that the Caster is revived at the end of the spell ?
Well, there is no duration of how long is he gonna be revived
Hmmm, I'll try to cook up something for you ;D

@utha
I'll add you the request list ;D
But please don't expect your request to be done in a short time
Because it looks like dardas is busy, well, he's our playmaker...
And millzy / mckill is not around so I have to sort things out by my own
I'll try to hasten the request, I'll try =)

EDIT:
I'm gonna need 1 more vJASS / JASS triggerer to join the workshop
Anyone who has the skill of JASS triggering can apply through my VM (Visitor's Message) or PM (Private Message), Thank You~

Level 10
Hey, I'd had a spell request , can you make it for me?It will be used in my map-- War fro the Lich King

Spell Name:Spell Info
Wield WintererAoE: N/A
Type: Transformation.
(like druid of the claw's which can be transform back at any time)

Description:
The user began to use winterer. As the user uses it, it transform the hero into another stronger hero and corrupts the hero.

The folowing event will occours if the hero dosen't transform back:
After 20 seconds, he turns to neutral hostile's for 1 second.
After another 15 seconds, he will turns to neutral hostile's for 3 seconds.
After another 10 seconds and he will turns to neutral hostile for 6 second. And after another 5 second, he will be turn to neutral hostile for 9 seconds.
And after 3 more seconds, he's Hp will be lowered to 25% and transform back.

I know this is a little bit hard but hopes you can make it for me:)

Level 33
Your request is accepted !
Just need some confirmation:
After transformation, WHAT will he get ?
A stronger damage ? A +HP ? A +Mana ?
Turns to Neutral Hostile, meaning, we lose control of the unit for X seconds ?
Then regain back and another second, lose control back, repeat and repeat ?
This condition occurs ONLY when the Caster doesn't transform back in time, correct ?
The last stage when his HP is 25%, the spell will force the unit to transform back to its original form, correct ?
Answer this and I'll start triggering right away ;D
Oh and 1 more thing, this spell is to be fitted in Single-player map or Multi-player ?
If it's Single, I'd be glad to use Wait action lol~

Level 11
hmm, if its mui, and he wants it vjass, ill do it.
since im kind of stuck on abilities atm..
i need more ideas in my signatures ;p
btw defskull,
if some 1 requests a vjass/jass spell potentially,
tell me and ill do it for him, but if its gui, i prefer not to. (make it vjass, even if he wants gui, etc)

Level 33
So you're specialize in vJASS and NOT GUI ?
I thought that ALL JASS-er knows GUI very much
I guess you're not that type of person eh ?
Btw, I've assigned you over Dominic's and utha's 3-form Hero
Make it in vJASS, especially for Dominic guy, he's waiting for his request long time ago =(

EDIT:
@iAcce
Your Soul Split will now properly revives Hero
Download it at request list, the same place, has been edited ;D

Last edited:
Level 6
@utha
I'll add you the request list ;D
But please don't expect your request to be done in a short time
Because it looks like dardas is busy, well, he's our playmaker...
And millzy / mckill is not around so I have to sort things out by my own
I'll try to hasten the request, I'll try =)
No rush at all

Level 12
According to what I'm seeing, I've been bumped off the list, pretty much. If no one knows how to do it that is fine...

EDIT: Def, the first post you link to the pages that the requests are on. You know you can use the permalink at the top right of the post to do that directly.

Level 33
I think the combo system is HARD to do in GUI as stated by dardas himself
For vJASS/JASS, it's pretty easier
But our dardas guy has another work to do at the moment so progress going slow...
However, I found something useful for this Combo System
Try download and play this Campaign: Heroes of Genesia
That game pretty much use Combo System to achieve a certain signature move

Level 3
Name: Crossfire
Levels: 10
Description: The Fire Dragon creates a cross of fire on the ground beneath the target dealing [(Spell level * Target level) + (Caster level * (Target level / 20)] per second in 300 AoE and also stunning it for [Spell level * 2] seconds.

Name: Hot Game
Description: The Fire Dragon creates 4 Illusions of itself that deal 0 damage and have the same amount of hit points that the FD got. If the enemy attacks any of the illusions it instantly explodes and deals [(Spell level * 2000) + (Caster level * 100)] and stunning all units in 250 AoE for [Spell level * 3] seconds.

Name: Lockdown
Description: The Fire Dragon creates a cage around the target made of pure fire. Then he throws in fire balls from all different directions that deals [(Spell level * Target level) + (Str level * 2)] damage each. The amount of balls that comes from each direction is [Spell level * 2]. The amount of directions is 9. The targeted unit can’t escape the cage.

Name: Wildfire
Description: Puts the targeted unit on fire dealing [(Spell level * 100) + (Caster level * 10) damage per second for [Spell level * 3] seconds. If any other enemy unit is in an AoE of 200 then they ignite and take the same amount of damage per second. This effect loops. ||| Char X casts WF at Char A. Char A runs away and passes a creep. The creep ignites and then ignites all other creeps around it. Then Char B goes to kill those creeps and gets ignited. This continues until the timer of [Spell level * 3] ends or the charter/creep that is burning dies. Or basically until the wildfire can’t ignite more units.|||

Name: Meteor
Levels: 5
Description: Calls down a meteor from the sky dealing [(Spell level * Caster level) * (Caster level * (Str + agi + int))] damage to all targets inside an AoE of 800. ||| Yes, I do know that the maximum possible damage is insane… did like this [(10*700) * (700 * (2500 + 2100 + 1900)) = 15 925 000 000, and it will probably be more, so make it that game won’t crash from it… |||

There's another part :)
If u only make it up to level 5 i just change it to 10 anyways, but 5 levels is a good base :) the part between ||| and ||| is just some info to clearify things... But yeah, its kinda madness...

Also, thx for trying to fix the revive thing ^^
As the spell is rather overpowerd anyways as I changed the damage to 70k and attackspeed to 0... :p
If you add 0 cooldown on that and unlimited amount of Good/Bad souls then its somewhat unfair :p

Level 10
Your request is accepted !
Just need some confirmation:
After transformation, WHAT will he get ?
A stronger damage ? A +HP ? A +Mana ?
Turns to Neutral Hostile, meaning, we lose control of the unit for X seconds ?
Then regain back and another second, lose control back, repeat and repeat ?
This condition occurs ONLY when the Caster doesn't transform back in time, correct ?
The last stage when his HP is 25%, the spell will force the unit to transform back to its original form, correct ?
Answer this and I'll start triggering right away ;D
Oh and 1 more thing, this spell is to be fitted in Single-player map or Multi-player ?
If it's Single, I'd be glad to use Wait action lol~

Okey, here's the answer:
1) You can just let him transform to any unit.I'ill change it when I used it in my mpa :)
2)Ya, this is to make like the hero become mad, than return back. And each time he retains non-mad state for shorter and shorter time if he's at the transformed form.
3) The last stage is: after 3 seconds from the last 2nd turn, his hp will be lowered to 25% and forced to transform back.
4) this map is an multi-player map.

Note:I'm going to create an item which uses this spell. So can you make it an item spell? The Item is only can be wield by one type of unit at the whole game.

Anyway, thanks!:goblin_yeah:

Level 33
@mckill2009
You should work on LoD Battle System (Combo) and work among you and 2 more members; millzy and utha

@yeohxin
Okay, thank you for the clarification

@x3GlikE
Awww apparently I'm looking for vJASS / JASS triggerer
It seems that JASS language seems to be more efficient...
Don't mind about that, you'll accepted to the team x3GlikE
For a start, please work on Fire Titan's Spell Pack

@utha
LoD Battle System must be in either GUI or JASS, it doesn't matter
BUT, preferably more on to GUI because you'll give Vizel an easy job to read and understands the trigger as they said that GUI is much more user-friendly

Tasks has been re-assigned
Check your own field and start your work, now
OH and we now features a new types of request, Art Request
Be it from Loading Screen, to Signatures, we take on ~

Level 9
Name: Crossfire
Description: The Fire Dragon creates a cross of fire on the ground beneath the target dealing [(Spell level * Target level) + (Caster level * (Target level / 20)] per second in 300 AoE and also stunning it for [Spell level * 2] seconds.

This spell already exists in the spell section, I suggest you look for it.
Also when are you going to show us your map? :)

Level 33
If he wants it a custom-made spell for now, he can request it
After all, this is request thread
Furthermore, he can ask and get answer directly in this thread, making his understanding quite more easy I'd guess..
Zpider, well, where is YOUR Boss-battle map ? ;D

Btw,

===SPELL UPDATE===
*Psykeeper's Spell Pack is estimated to be released in the next 24 hours, had to fix some bugs though and changed a bit of your formula, some of it, just doesn't make sense lol, a double boolean cannot be accepted in Trigger, please make your formula resulting in ONLY integer/whole number value*

Level 6
Hey, I'd had a spell request , can you make it for me?It will be used in my map-- War fro the Lich King

Spell Name:Spell Info
Wield WintererAoE: N/A
Type: Transformation.
(like druid of the claw's which can be transform back at any time)

Description:
The user began to use winterer. As the user uses it, it transform the hero into another stronger hero and corrupts the hero.

The folowing event will occours if the hero dosen't transform back:
After 20 seconds, he turns to neutral hostile's for 1 second.
After another 15 seconds, he will turns to neutral hostile's for 3 seconds.
After another 10 seconds and he will turns to neutral hostile for 6 second. And after another 5 second, he will be turn to neutral hostile for 9 seconds.
And after 3 more seconds, he's Hp will be lowered to 25% and transform back.

I know this is a little bit hard but hopes you can make it for me:)
so is it a spell?or item and does it need to be mui or is it for a single player map?
and what do you mean when you say neutral hostile's?

Level 11
1 question,
when he sayd neutral hostile,
what did you think?.
seriusly, ofc he means give the unit to neutral hostile, and allow the player to have vision of it!

another thing, its not needed to be mui,
since he sayd its 1 player can use it all game.. (since only 1 item of that type)
so no need for multi units to be able to cast it.

Level 29
@mckill2009
You should work on LoD Battle System (Combo) and work among you and 2 more members; millzy and utha

Yeah I already sent you the sample map for it, and thanks for giving me the Fire Dragon spells, kinda fun to make really...:)

Fire Dragon Spell Update: All Spells are done!

Crossfire (DONE)
Hot Game (DONE)
Lockdown (DONE)
Wildfire (DONE)
Meteor (DONE)

Last edited:
Level 3
Def, as I reed that you do signatures to, would you mind if i asked for a position as a Signature Creator? :)

Level 33
Hmmm, we currently exceeded too much on our crew members
I'm sorry to say but, I'm gonna have to reject it for awhile
However, I'll take your application into my consideration, don't be sad okay ?
Psykeeper's Spell Pack is almost done ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.