• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

===[NEW] Spell Workshop [NEW]===

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Whilst I don't have any graphic knowledge, I DO know how to implement a loading screen into the game.

In short: I can't MAKE the image, but I can INSTALL them into a map. ;)

Level 33
Vizel, regarding your Battle System, you want it to be like:

A. Player presses chains of combo to perform powerful combos
Example: Pressing Q-W-E in a fast way will produce a Triple Slash combo

OR

B. Player have to TIME the combo for a SUCCESSFUL combo to be dealt
Example:
||||| Player press = fail
||||| Player press = success -> on to the next combo
|||||| Player doesn't press / time out = fail and reset combo to 0

Level 12
B. Player have to TIME the combo for a SUCCESSFUL combo to be dealt
Example:
||||| Player press = success -> on to the next combo
|||||| Player doesn't press / time out = fail and reset combo to 0

This.

That's a perfect explanation of what I'm after. It has to be done at the correct time, or nothing happens. However, if you miss the time, it cancels the rest of the combos, and only the successful hit(s) hits.

HIT ONE
Wait....
HIT TWO TIME WINDOW
IF BUTTON HIT DURING TIME WINDOW
Then HIT TWO happens, and (for sake of simplicity, I'll end this at a 2-chain atm) damage is dealt accirdingly.

HIT ONE = 16 Damage.
HIT TWO = 14 Damage.

TOTAL DAMAGE = 30.

Like so:
HIT ONE (16 damage)
||||| Player press = success -> on to the next combo / End at max combo
HIT TWO (14 damage)

IF HIT:
Player does 14+16 = 30 damage and has a SFX :)P)

IF NOT HIT:
|||||| Player doesn't press / time out = fail.
Player does 14 Damage. No SFX. Just a basic melee attack.

Level 9
If he wants it a custom-made spell for now, he can request it
After all, this is request thread
Furthermore, he can ask and get answer directly in this thread, making his understanding quite more easy I'd guess..
Zpider, well, where is YOUR Boss-battle map ? ;D

Here it is: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/marshland-mystery-180862/ (just a quick preview)
In the upper left area of the map you can see the boss dungeon.
Seen on this picture:
155352-albums3786-picture36818.png

Just saying - its unnecessary to request spells that are already made.

Level 6
k i am having an issue with Wield Winterer and that is the spell on the item transforms the casting unit but when i click it another time it doesn't transform back.

i am using Night Elf>Unit>BearForm for the spell.

also i made a custom buff for the trigger to read and it doesn't place the buff on the hero when casted.

Level 33
@Vizel
Okay, will inform mckill2009 for the details

@Zpider
I'm saying that if we, the members, in this thread, create the spell and if it goes something wrong OR he wants to add something to spice the spell up, he can directly ask questions to the creator of it, in this very thread, making it easier for the requester to understand a bit of it

@utha
Did you check "Data - Alternate Form Unit" and the "Data - Normal Form Unit" ?

Level 33
Psykeeper's Spell Pack is done
I left out Pain, Death and Fear because I've to rush out other requests, sorry about that (and I'm out of ideas! don't worry, I'll re-invent it once I'm unload a bit of the requests..)
If you have any question regarding the map, please do so ;D
Will upload the map once my PC doesn't have a constant crash..

EDIT:
I'll just upload the current version of the map first
My PC is really in a deep trouble
If anything you find weird about the map, tell me~

EDIT 2:
Fire Dragon's Spell Pack is up~

EDIT 3:
Edited the version of the Psykeeper's Spell Pack

Last edited:
Level 6
Well i think i got the trigger for this part

The folowing event will occours if the hero dosen't transform back:
After 20 seconds, he turns to neutral hostile's for 1 second.
After another 15 seconds, he will turns to neutral hostile's for 3 seconds.
After another 10 seconds and he will turns to neutral hostile for 6 second. And after another 5 second, he will be turn to neutral hostile for 9 seconds.
And after 3 more seconds, he's Hp will be lowered to 25% and transform back.

but haven't been able to test since i can't get a buff to go on the hero when i use the item and i can't get him to transform back to normal.

Level 15
well sup all sorry i have been unactive so im going to do the fire titans spell back
Name: Fire Vortex
Levels: 10
Description: The Fire Titan creates a vortex out of fire around it dealing [(Spell level * Caster level) * (Spell level * 2)] to enemies in an AoE of 250 increasing by 25 each level. Also it the vortex shoots out balls of fire to enemies in an AoE of 350 increasing by 40 each level. The damage of the balls are [(Spell level * (Caster level + Target level)/100) * (Spell level * (Caster level / 100)] and the amount of balls it shoots out each [(((Spell level + Caster level)/200)/2)] seconds is equal to [(Spell level * Caster level)/100 – (Spell level * 2.5)

Name: Hotline
Description: The Fire Titan creates a long line of fires (about same length as the spell Impale) dealing [(Spell level * Target level) * (Caster level + Amount of units in line)/1000)] damage to each targeted unit in line. After this the Fire Titan sends a rather big ball of fire through the line dealing an additional [(Spell level * Amount of units in line) * (Caster level / 10)] to each target in that line.

Name: Fire Up
Description: The Fire Titan gains an additional [Current damage * 2 + ((Spell level * 10) + (Caster level * 20))] damage. The Fire Titan’s attack also becomes ranged when it cannot reach the target by melee. Each attack reduces the target’s armor by [(Spell level * 5) * (Target armor/200)]

Name: Flame Ball
Description: Casts a huge ball made of pure fire to damage the enemy as much as possible. Damage = [(Spell level + (Target level * 2)) + (Caster level * (str+agi+int * 2))]

Name: Hellfire [ULTIMATE]
Levels: 5
Description: Puts the ground on fire in an AoE of 800 around the Fire Titan, also stunning all enemies in that area for [Spell level * 3] seconds. Then the Fire Titan casts multiple fire strikes all over that area dealing [(Spell level * 100) * (Caster level/10)] each. While doing this multiple meteors will crash down from the sky in that area dealing [(Spell level * 15) * (Caster level + (str+agi+int * 10))] The amount of meteors is [(Spell level * 20) + (Caster level/10)] During this the Fire Titan’s armor is boosted to [(Spell level * 200) * (Caster level * 20)]

if any one has already done any of these spells please tell me so its less work i havent realy been able to follow whats been done and what hasent

MILLZY IS BACK IN BUSINESS :ogre_haosis:

Level 12
Thanks, right now Im workin on 'Volcano' Combo which can cause a great amount of damage when cast in perfect time...I may use loops or timer for this...

however you decide to do it, remember it doesn't need to be MUI for me.

Also, if the formula is flexible that would be great. Especially since i'm changing up the stats in my map, :p

I ate bad lasagna... :(

Also, I don't necessarily want a remake of those abilities, you are free to think of some of your own if you so wish.

Anyway I'm going to bed, I look forward to the progress!

Level 33
@millzy
Hey, you can start triggering ALL those spells except Flame Ball (me) and Hotline (mckill2009) spell
I'll send you the test map of Flame Ball through PM and you can get Hotline spell in first page
So, you can start on Fire Vortex / Fire Up / Hellfire

@mckill2009
Well, you're gonna use the Wait for 0.03 seconds ?
I don't know if it bugs...
Just waiting for a complain haha

Level 6
@defskull
i think the lowest you can go is .2 at least that is what i think it is before it bugs so .03 i think will bug

Level 33
@mckill2009
Well, it's up to you ;D

@millzy
Well, THAT'S what you supposed to do !
Collect the spells in one single test map and release it
Don't forget to release it through my PM so I can easily manage first post ;D

@both of you
Teach me indexing T_T
Btw, it's indeXING not indexTING ;D

UPDATE: Hotline has been removed due to millzy is currently working on full spell pack

Level 6
so i have been trying too get this transformation too work and haven't found a way too fix it.

Level 11
defskull.. i actually almost quit wc..
i only play wc with my friend in local,
or learn visual basic... i guess i cant help you much ;/
but i do look in hive to see if more people come back..
since its quite boring when not much people are playing.

Level 11
well, i stay in hive..
i just start coding in visual basic,
since it probably help me more in life..
actually, i've allready finished a ping pong game :D
(well.. its more like the games that you got a square, that moves around using left/right keys only and a ball that bounces untill it hits a square, or falls down,
or hits the square that you move, and goes back up.. etc)

Level 29
LoD Battle System Update:

Double Slash (DONE) - Press this button after sellecting which unit you want
to cast Double Slash. It must have perfect timing and within range.
Volcano (DONE) - After casting, press the UP arrow keys very fast, if done
properly, it will hit 4 times and deal a great amount of damage,
if not, then it will only hit 3 times with a small damage.
Burning Rush (NOT DONE) - Oviously, the target will get fire burn/damage when casts properly

Level 6
since i can't get it to transform back would i have too make a trigger to make it transform?

Level 29
yea i can't get the bear transformation to work on an item

OK, is this what you're talking about?...

AoE: N/A
Type: Transformation.
(like druid of the claw's which can be transform back at any time)
Description:
The user began to use winterer. As the user uses it, it transform the hero into another stronger hero and corrupts the hero.

The folowing event will occours if the hero dosen't transform back:
After 20 seconds, he turns to neutral hostile's for 1 second.
After another 15 seconds, he will turns to neutral hostile's for 3 seconds.
After another 10 seconds and he will turns to neutral hostile for 6 second. And after another 5 second, he will be turn to neutral hostile for 9 seconds.
And after 3 more seconds, he's Hp will be lowered to 25% and transform back.

Level 6
yea that is what i am working on and the item will transform but then it won't transform back so i can't see if the trigger i have works also i can't get a buff to go on when i transform ether

Level 6
i just need help with the base spell like an item working like druid of the claw's spell that is the thing that is not working

Level 6
well i haven't been able to test the code yet since i can't get a buff on the hero when he transforms for the trigger too read to see if he is transformed or not.

is there a way to make a trigger that puts a buff on a target?

this is what i use for neutral hostile
  • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Neutral Hostile and Retain color

Last edited:
Level 29
its quite difficult coz it uses just ONE spell (bear form), so after casting, the trigger should be turned off & the other one turn on if you want to turn off the 'off' one, hehe, quite messy...

BTW I use mountain king for the time being, progress is OK but neutral hostile will use the spell so i used a NONE player for it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.