• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

===[NEW] Spell Workshop [NEW]===

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
k then i will try my hand at

Mistress Rose- Fire Warden Warrior
Glaive of the Flame(900 range)
-10 mana
-20 second cooldown
-Sends a flaming glaive at a target dealing 1000 damage and leaves a 10 yard radius fire circle on the ground dealing 200 damage per second for 10 seconds

Flames of Might (Ultimate)
-70 mana
-60 second cooldown
-15 second channeled spell
-Makes Mistress Rose to levitate a few yards into the air spawning a 10 yard line of flames 90, 180, 270, and 0 degrees around her causing 900 damage per second and every 5 seconds it randomly grips a random enemy or hero unit 10 yards away from Mistress Rose into the falmes during the channel.

Level 6
so i got leak check so i can see if my triggers leak and i have leaks but idk how to make it not leak so could someone show me?

Spell Update: I got Glaive of the Flame done other then leaks........Well i think it is done other then leaks

Level 12
so i got leak check so i can see if my triggers leak and i have leaks but idk how to make it not leak so could someone show me?

Leak Check is pretty bad. Bookmark this page and refer to it when you need to until you memorize it.

Level 33
Sorry for the LOOOONG away from the thread
(Been having a busy day...)
Give me a minute to update this thread

EDIT:
In WoW, that effect is attached to the Overhead. Stays for 1 second, then goes away. This goes for all three of them. I'm not certain, since I didn't read the request, but that's OBVIOUSLY a DK from wow, so that's why I'm mentioning it, :D

Well, thank you for the suggestion~

Well, if this is still being done, I'd quite like a system where one can make something grow.

Example: Unit Stage A is replaced with Unit Stage B after a period of time, with as many Stage A units as possible as the limit. I know it can be done, as I've seen it done. Many thanks if you can do it.

A more explanation please... ???

@GhostThruster
I'm assigning you over Presences spell back

@mckill2009
Keep doing a good job !

Tasks has been re-assigned
New tasks is available
Be sure to check the first page
Keep up the good work !

Level 6
k i got it leak free but when i try to remove variables at the end of the trigger it give me an error.

Also on Flames of Might how would you levitate a few yards into the air?

Last edited:
Level 12
k i got it leak free but when i try to remove variables at the end of the trigger it give me an error.

Also on Flames of Might how would you levitate a few yards into the air?

Try Set Fly Height.

Do that temporarily for the duration that it's needed to levitate for.

That would be my guess. I'm no expert, though, :)

Level 6
that is what i thought but i can't find set fly height

nvm found it

oh and i can't use a channeling spell for it since for some reason it messes the trigger levitation up

spawning a 10 yard line of flames i got the off set for how far the last dummy unit will go but is there a easy way to make the lines of fire cuz the way i think i need to do it seams like alot of extra steps i don't need.

Last edited:
Level 11
btw, about the bounce into air,
i highly reccomand parabola formula.
or it will look really ugly,
thought it will require some high level knowledge,
took me a while to figure it out.. since i aint the best in math..

Div

Div

Level 4
I wanna request something:

I need two spells for a map:

1 - Bioshock

* Releases a ball of energy that bounces between units damaging and slowing them until it runs out of energy. Damage dealt is proportional to the amount of energy left in the ball. Affects units in a 350 AoE and bounces to units to a limit of 600 range.

Level 1 - Deals 100 damage and slows by 60% the affected unit and half the damage and slow to nearby enemy units at the first bounce. Consecutive bounces lose 30% of the damage and slow power.
Level 2 - Deals 150 damage and slows by 70% the affected unit and half the damage and slow to nearby emeny units at the first bounce. Consecutive bounces lose 30% of the damage and slow power.
Level 3 - Deals 200 damage and slows by 80% the affected unit and half the damage and slow to nearby enemy units at the first bounce. Consecutive bounces lose 30% of the damage and slow power.

How does this works: a dummy in shape of a ball is created with a medium size at first. The ball leaves the caster in an arc and bounces to the selected unit and bounces over the head of the unit, dealing the first wave of damage (like a thunder clap). Then, if the ball finds another enemy unit to target to, it bounces over the next target's head (like a basketball) and deals half the damage and slow OR the ball bounces AGAIN over the first targeted unit's head.

And so on it goes, until the ball runs out of power (damage < 10)

The animation, as said before, is a ball that loses size as it bounces between enemies.
it BOUNCES over a unit's head, meaning it goes down and up once it hits the target.

2 - Plague

Curses a target enemy unit with a plague that increases damage taken and decreases movement and attack speed. The plague can be passed to another enemy unit that comes close to the affected unit. The plague gets stronger and stronger as it passes to other units, but can only affected a target a certain number of times. Lasts 7 seconds if not passed on and affects units in a 300 AoE.

Level 1 - Initially causes the affected unit to take 10% increased damage and have a 10% ms and as reduction. As it passes forward it gains 5% of power on each factor. A unit may only be affected by Plague 3 times and receive a max of 100% increased damage taken.
Level 2 - Initially causes the affected unit to take 15% increased damage and have a 20% ms and as reduction. As it passes forward it gains 7% of power on each factor. A unit may only be affected by Plague 3 times and receive a max of 100% increased damage taken.
Level 3 - Initially causes the affected unit to take 20% increased damage and have a 30% ms and as reduction. As it passes forward it gains 10% of power on each factor. A unit may only be affected by Plague 3 times and receive a max of 100% increased damage taken.
Level 4 - Initially causes the affected unit to take 25% increased damage and have a 40% ms and as reduction. As it passes forward it gains 10% of power on each factor. A unit may only be affected by Plague 3 times and receive a max of 100% increased damage taken.

Level 6
well i got Glaive of the Flame done just need you to make it leak free really since i am having problems and i don't know if i can do Flames of Might

Level 6
here is what it shows

Attachments

• 555.png
    555.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 59
Level 33
Try not to space out between the script
It should be like this
  • Custom script: call RemoveUnit(udg_GlaiveDummy2)
Hmmm, judging by your trigger, you want to clean the unit leak, correct ?
Why don't you just use this:

• Unit - Add X seconds (Generic Timer) to (Last created unit)

Level 33
So utha, how's it going ?
Did it worked ?

@mckill2009
How's the progress dude ?
LoD - % ?
DA - % ?
Lady Emily - % ?
Fire Titan's Spell Pack - % ?

I kinda felt pity for you to take overload of work, but, there is only you I can hope lol >.<
I wish somehow, I can lessen your burden dude

Level 6
k that fix it
k it is done 100% will send it to you in a pm
but before i do that want me too add notes?

Level 29
@mckill2009
How's the progress dude ?
LoD - % ?
DA - % ?
Lady Emily - % ?
Fire Titan's Spell Pack - % ?

LoD - 90% will be finished tonight, only the crush dance is not finished...
DA - 65% coz of other things Im busy at...
Fire Titan - 40% Hotline & Fire Vortex finished right?
Lady Emily - 0% I have to finish the LoD & Fire Titan First...

in all, its no problem, In LoD, it uses combos which cannot be cast if not in perfect timing...this uses arrow keys so its quite hard to make...

The Crush Dance will be a very different combo, just wait and see :)

Level 33
Aqua Snake Sara is done
Check first page for download
If you have any question regarding the map, just ask ;D

Updates:
Removed xGlikE for being inactive for too long
millzy, you be careful too dude, don't go too long, we need all the help we can get
Removed Art Request

EDIT:
If you guys had any problem, we can always switch current tasks

Last edited:
Level 29
LoD Battle System Update: DONE

Double Slash (DONE) - Press this button after sellecting which unit you want
to cast Double Slash. It must have perfect timing and within range.
Volcano (DONE) - After casting, press the UP arrow keys very fast, if done
properly, it will hit 4 times and deal a great amount of damage,
if not, then it will only hit 3 times with a small damage.
Burning Rush (DONE) - After casting, press the DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT arrow keys many times in PERFECT
timing will trigger the combo, with FIRE effects and can sustain heavy
fire damage!
Crush Dance (DONE) - The caster will go around the target, attacks it, then crushed by rocks,
but you must trigger this by, Casting the Ability, Release the Down arrow Key
then press the Up arrow key 7 times or more, otherwise, this wont work...

UPDATE: Fire Titan Spell Pack
Fire Vortex (DONE by millzy)
Hotline (DONE by Mckill2009)
Flame Ball (DONE by Mckill2009)
Fire Up (in progress-10%)
Hellfire (inprogress-0%)

Last edited:
Level 6
can some help explain how i would make the fire effect for

Flames of Might (Ultimate)
-70 mana
-60 second cooldown
-15 second channeled spell
-Makes Mistress Rose to levitate a few yards into the air spawning a 10 yard line of flames 90, 180, 270, and 0 degrees around her causing 900 damage per second and every 5 seconds it randomly grips a random enemy or hero unit 10 yards away from Mistress Rose into the falmes during the channel.

i know you use a dummy unit but how to make a line in those angles going that fat out is what i don't understand

Level 11
1. use 1 dummy that you create 4 times to shoot a impale.
2. use 1 dummy that you create ALOT of times, which isnt reccomanded at all.
3. make a speical effect instead of all this bother which is insanely hard for gui.
since i never tried ;p
4. ehh.. never sayd there is 4 ;p

edit: just took a look at description again,
your best choice is 2/3.

Level 6
1. use 1 dummy that you create 4 times to shoot a impale.
2. use 1 dummy that you create ALOT of times, which isnt reccomanded at all.
3. make a speical effect instead of all this bother which is insanely hard for gui.
since i never tried ;p
4. ehh.. never sayd there is 4 ;p

edit: just took a look at description again,
your best choice is 2/3.

1 won't work
2 seams like a long waste of time
3 idk how to do that exactly

Level 6
oh idk i would say in the hero description on the very bottom put created by are name or with in the description put like he was trained/taught by are name or like deciple of or puipl of are name but i am not really sure

Level 6
xP its the original hero selection where u use a wisp and run into the hero u want but ill change it to tavern and give it an epic description ;)

yea i suggest you make it a tavern just because if it is the wisp way they only really pick off of looks.

Unless you make it were a description pops up after you get so close to the hero or what not

Level 12
yea i suggest you make it a tavern just because if it is the wisp way they only really pick off of looks.

Unless you make it were a description pops up after you get so close to the hero or what not

Or when clicking the hero unit display. I did one like that once.

Level 29
@defskull
@utha
@mckill2009
really quick, how u guys want me to name the heroes? i wasnt kidding on putting in names for people who helped me with my spells xP

dude there's no need, besides if you put a my name for the death knight type hero, well, the name mckill doesnt match, does it?

when you name a hero it should match 99.9% of the hero type...

Level 12
Making one of the Hero NAMES, not the Name of the Hero Class the name of you guys?

I've seen that done before, I actually like the concept.

Level 6
what i think he means though is like a way to give credit by putting are name with in a hero via name description or something to show we made it or help make it

Level 6
so like this?

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Divine Shield
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Integer((Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (200.00, 0.00))))), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (200.00, 0.00)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl

Level 33
@mckill2009
If it's done, send through my PM dude ;D

@Trydene
I'd suggest you make a Hero Tavern Hero Selection System
As if you create a Wisp Selection System, players will bound to just pick the Hero without reading descriptions or even index of that Hero
Make it like DotA, a 15~20 seconds of cooldown stock of the Heroes would be nice
This, is to make players to read the description while waiting for cooldown
For naming the Heroes, I'd suggest you put our name (creator of the spell hero) under "Hero - Proper Name" (or something like that (WE is off at the moment, I can't remember))
Hey, my name suits any Hero ?
Haha, defskull (but make it like Defskull, Capital !)
mckill2009 eh? hahahahaha

@Vizel
Well, there are many Hero Selection System Ideas have been going on from time to time
The original (I think) is the Wisp selection system in Warchaser Map, created by Blizzard himself
When you move your Wisp in front of the Heroes, there actually pops out an In-game Message saying the Hero's Spell / Name / Short Description / etc
But I like Tavern Selection System better ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.