• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

===[NEW] Spell Workshop [NEW]===

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
hmm... mckill2009, mine is mui + 100% easier to edit + more comments + more understendable.
i think thats alot worthier.
basicly, stun goes like this:
add a effect, make a timer that increases a count, when count reaches duration, destroy effect.
the effect is having the stunned (pausesd) buff, of special.
after that, you make it pause, then unpause when removing effect, also you gotta check if effect is destroyed BEFORE they cast, (before switch, etc) so if it does, the effect wont get re-added, and it will bug and the effect will stay there like i did with my horror ;/

Level 3
Utah, i get the custom icons ^^
But thx for asking :)

mcKill, nice triggering but I already got the verision of horror that dardas wrote :)

Also, possible to combine Jass + GUI/MUI in same map? :) (Seems possible, just want a confirmation)

Level 12
You can have both JASS and GUI in same map, yes. MUI is just a concept, not a code.

Level 6
what about descriptions are you doing that as well?

and about the whole timer thing i have never used a timer so i don't understand it....

Level 5
Not to be rude, but... It'll be done when it's done. As outlined in the Request Forum Guidelines at the top of this forum:

They obviously have a lot that they are doing already. Also, if your request needs vJASS, UNDERSTAND that this team has only ONE person who can do it in vJASS. So, be patient. If it was in this thread, it's been seen.

im not demanding anything i was just one of the first to request... and the others is done..

Level 3
#1 Landmine
The Landmine is like the GOBLIN TECHIES (DOTA) spell , can anyone make for me? and make it to limited , so player can only put the BOMB max limit 30

#2 Score Win
The Scoreboard will show how many player kill other player and the player who already kill 30 Player will be win the game.

#3 Throw Bomb
This spell is the player throw the bomb to the any place and on the 300 AOE will be hit by the bom and damages by 100.

Thanks for anyone already help me :goblin_boom:

CREDIT TO HELPER :

Level 6
i know it replaces the wait but idk how too add an effect through the trigger and how to make the timer

Level 15
Level 6
pk so i got this

• Countdown Timer - Start ShiftTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in (Real(Shiftstun)) seconds
shiftTimer is variable but when i went to set it i could not find last created but i found last started.

and Shiftstun is the formula to determine how long the target will get stunned.

Level 29
Betrayal Spell...100% GUI...

Forgive me but I really dont like the spell, but I didnt even bother to do it
LOL, silly me...also as you have noticed, I use DUMMY as a timer rather than expiring timer coz I want to be different, lol!

EDIT:

@dardas & iAcce

its just a GUI version, besides, mine is working also...

Last edited:
Level 15
Hey, are you free for a little spell request for my Dead Space Map?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/warlock-spell-rush-knockback-181044/
GUI and MUI please.
Reward will be credits in my map and +8 reputation.

well here i think this is the spell your after.....the one where he slides at a point and if he hits the unit the unit is knocked back.

there is no damage because you gave no info for what damage is there + i didnt know if you wanted any or not.
also the spell isent level able(doesent matter what level the spell is it will still give the same out come)

any ways here if you want any changes just ask

iv put the map on your thread :)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/warlock-spell-rush-knockback-181044/

Level 11
Dominic, im sorry, but i got like 3 requests atm =[
and you'rs very very annoying to make,
cuz of all those effects,
each spell requires minimum 1 dummy spell, and i hate those.
if i got time, ill do them, otherwise, im sorry =[

Level 11
gah just finished a system implention request into a map, i got more time into the other 2 requests XD ill finish them first, then help dominic
thats alot of work, i got 3 more spells, and 1 more system.. (the system is quite simple, but takes time to make it amazing)
so i wont have much time.
btw iAcce, i kind of fail on mind, so ill do it last, unless you really need it.

Level 3
mcKill

the spell isn't working properly...
As the targeted unit doesn't take damage, and it doesn't either instantly attacks a friendly unit, and the time doesn't work either...

Time should be (spell level * 10)
So, fix this? :)

Level 29
mcKill

the spell isn't working properly...
As the targeted unit doesn't take damage,

Its because you didnt say that the targeted unit will take damage, but he will only take damage IF HE KILLS a friendly unit...

The Psykeeper causes the targeted unit to attack a friendly unit while under the effect of Betrayal. The duration of betrayal is [Spell level * 10] seconds. If the targeted unit kills an allied unit while under the effect of Betrayal the targeted unit will deal [(Spell level * Target Level) + Ally Level * (Caster level/10)] damage to itself.

and it doesn't either instantly attacks a friendly unit, and the time doesn't work either...

it will attack random friendly unit like in the sample map, Ive tried using a variable for the attacked unit but once the unit is killed, then the target will stop attacking...(maybe I will remove the random next time)

it will take damage once the attacked unit is killed via trigger...

• Self Damage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Dying unit) Equal to AttackedUnit
      • ((Killing unit) has buff Betrayal ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set KillingUnit = (Killing unit)
      • Unit - Cause CasterUnit to damage KillingUnit, dealing AttackedUnitDamage damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Death
Time should be (spell level * 10)
So, fix this? :)

yes it is (spell level * 10)...didnt you see the trigger?

• Set BetrayalDuration = ((Real((Level of Betrayal [B] for CasterUnit))) x 10.00)

UPDATE:

Now the 'random' is fixed

Last edited:
Level 11
hmm, its allright, just 1 thing,
try to use the least amount of variables, also, use Triggering unit,
as the unit the trigger refers to.
if a unit dies and you want dying unit, use Triggering unit,
why? because everything exept triggering unit returns triggering unit,
so its just a waste, just use triggering unit and avoid all of that.

edit: it is not mui, and will 100% bug, AND will seriusly bug the game.
how?
if 2 people cast,
those 2 casters kill some 1
only one of the casters will deal the damage,
the other 1 wont, and it will bug heavly, so i reccomand making it mui using hashtables/indexing.

Level 9
millzy, say did you ever figure out a way for it to detect collision?
Because at the moment the spell is rather "lacking" simply because it doesn't do any damage nor mana loss.
But it looks very nice - almost exaktly as I had imagined it.

I got some requests about the spell -
If it is possible I would want them to play their "Death" animation when they collide.
Also - if possible I would very much want to be able to decide for myself the number of sludges that spawn.

Further note: I am not that fond of the "countdown"

As I said - I want it to be like a altered Stamped spell.

EDIT: I am pretty sure Dardas is talking about mckill2009's coding. I am very satisfied with your work so far millzy.

Level 11
EDIT: yeah, im talking about mckill2009.

wow, i took a look into your coding..
so.. bad ;o
soo many useless dummies, not mui, uses a timer? o.o
in timer trigger, it uses dying unit?!?!
if casted twice, and the target unit dies, it stops automaticly, no matter what. (from the perfect idea its not mui)

very bad made =[
its actually leaking every call of Choosing The Attacked trigger.
and also leaks when you start the code, both of the simple ideas that:
GROUPS LEAK!.
store them as a variable, then destroy them using custom script.
call DestroyGroup(udg_GroupName)

edit: just for your own knowledge, if you make a spell not mui,
you can just use a wait instead of w/e not.
since its just stupid to make 100 triggers if its not mui.

Last edited:
Level 6
ok so i got this and the way i have the formula is if Shift lvl=10 and target lvl=30 then then the math is this

----Given Formula----
(Spell level * 0.5) + (Target level / 40)
for 0.50 i use 1/2
----Plugged Amounts In----
(10*1/2))+(30/40)
----Time unit Should Be Stunned----
5.75 sec
----Time Unit Is Stunned----
0 sec

the way i have stun set up is here
  • -------- Stunning target of the spell --------
  • Unit - Create 1 DummyShiftStun for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Pause ShiftTarget
  • Unit - Add a (Real((((Level of [Q]Shift for Shiftcaster) x (1 / 2)) + ((Level of ShiftTarget) / 40)))) second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • If (Shiftstundummy Equal to (Dying unit)) then do (Unit - Unpause ShiftTarget) else do (-------- ...... --------)

Level 15
millzy, say did you ever figure out a way for it to detect collision?
Because at the moment the spell is rather "lacking" simply because it doesn't do any damage nor mana loss.
But it looks very nice - almost exaktly as I had imagined it.

I got some requests about the spell -
If it is possible I would want them to play their "Death" animation when they collide.
Also - if possible I would very much want to be able to decide for myself the number of sludges that spawn.

Further note: I am not that fond of the "countdown"

As I said - I want it to be like a altered Stamped spell.

EDIT: I am pretty sure Dardas is talking about mckill2009's coding. I am very satisfied with your work so far millzy.

yer well im still unsure of how im going to work out the collision i thought of a way but i think it will cause lag but i havent tested it yet

so you want the unit that is moving arcross the map to die when it hits another unit?

you can set the number of sludges that are spawned in the trigger
  • For each (Integer loop) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set spawn_point = (Random point in Region 001 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Sludge Flinger for Player 2 (Blue) at spawn_point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (spawn_point offset by (0.00, -2000.00))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_spawn_point)
      • Set spawn_point = (Random point in Region 001 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dalaran Reject for Player 2 (Blue) at spawn_point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (spawn_point offset by (0.00, -2000.00))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_spawn_point)
where it says from 1 to 3 change the number 3 to how many you want to be spawned per second

Level 6
millzy you seam to know alot about this can you help with a stun trigger
for
Name: Shift
Levels: 10
Description: Changes place with the targeted unit (must be an enemy) and deals [(Spell level * 5) * (Target level + Caster level)] damage and stunning the target for [(Spell level * 0.5) + (Target level / 40)

Level 6
any of you free to finish the spell i am working on got every thing but stun and making it leak free

it is iAcce's
Name: Shift
Levels: 10
Description: Changes place with the targeted unit (must be an enemy) and deals [(Spell level * 5) * (Target level + Caster level)] damage and stunning the target for [(Spell level * 0.5) + (Target level / 40)

Attachments

• Shift.w3x
    15.8 KB · Views: 62
Level 6
the only problem i am having is the stun i can get it leak free i think but the stun is what i don't get how too do

for this
1.does he revive when they are killed or run out of time.
2.do they have spells.
3.are they like heroes or are they just like normal units.

Name: Soul Split [ULTIMATE]
Levels: 5
Description: The SBM kills itself and instantly revives in the form of its evil soul and its good soul. The look of the souls are the same as the SBM but transparent. And the evil one is transparent black and the good one is transparent yellow. Duration of the souls is [(Spell level * 10) + (Caster level / 10)

Level 33
=====SPELL UPDATE=====
*Soul Slash is done (90% of it EXCEPT THE STUN MECHANICS @#$%^&) haha*
*Having a hard time to make the Spell level * 1.5 seconds stun mechanics*
*Shift spell is done*

I will release the map once the spell pack is done okay ?

Last edited:
Level 33
Just a word of advice

@iAcce
Sometimes EXPERIENCE is the best teacher
It means that what we face or feel right now might actually help us in the future, making our problems easier
I'm sure some of the spells are easy for you to do it
Don't rely too much on people, sometimes we fall, but that doesn't mean we fall forever, we can always stand up and face it bravely
Imagine 100++ spells that needs to be done by us
You kept us busy (well, TOO BUSY)
It's not that I'm complaining or asking you to leave BUT I'm just giving my point of view
If you said that 4~5 spells you request, we can understand that you indeed need of a help
But 100++ spells ?????
Come on, think about it, you can do lots of other own-spell with your creativity in your mind
All you need to do is EXPERIENCE IT YOURSELF !
Just Do It. -Nike
Do not be offended as this is not flaming or whatsoever, it's just an opinion by defskull. -out-

Note: I'm not saying we're gonna stop producing your request ;D so don't be sad okay ? we love customers haha Cheers~

Level 29
You didn't tell me that spell exists ?

dude its in the map development, see it there...

edit1

"Giant Fireball - The Mage creates a giant fireball that damages enemies in it's path."

edit2

I have noticed that the damage system of iAcce's spell ideas is based on formulas which makes it hard to make...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.