• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modelling Contest #18 - Aberrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Rpgman509 falls under the "giving me crappy judging". its not that i dont like you, it is because your judging will most likely end up like "omg awesome model doooood. really cool. 5/5" for all of the models. which doesnt really help.
which just means i have to find another judge
which means more waiting and more people nagging me for results which i dont have
which in the end leaves everyone angry

the current concept art contest conundrum is a good example

And your calling me the non-mature? anyway I accually judge models quite accurately...If you don't belive me fine but, I would appreciate if you did not post to everyone what YOU think my capability is...

you have no known resource except for a footman something that has been rejected or deleted. and only 1 it would seem which leads me to believe that you tried rather a simple edit and then got rejected and never again posted another one because you were so dismayed. This has two effects, first it makes me doubt how much you know in terms of modelling. If geomerging is all you know, then i am afraid that pretty much amounts to nothing. secondly it tells me that you are rather a quitter. of course it boggles my mind why you didnt quit while you were ahead and not post the above post. did i hurt your ego? because getting the judging position is not about ego

out of your 136 posts. Almost all of the model related posts, you were requesting something. i have only found 1 post that resemble some sort of critique
Dude Great Idea!
This will make a awesome Villain body for my maps! :thumbs_up:
Oh yeah and 5/5
Your join date is Mar 2010, you have been here less than a year so it would seem that your idea of a "good critique" is clearly not yet fully developed.
calling the above critique "accurate" is like calling a shotgun a long range accuracy weapon because at least one of the pallets will be bound to hit the target. we need a judge that has the mental capacity to go beyond the obvious "this is good/bad" judging. you havent shown me anything to convince me, or in fact ANYONE, that you have what it takes to be a that sort of a judge.

lastly, yes i can and will say out loud what i think of your judging skills because that is why i am the host. i am here to keep an eye on the thread while making decisions that needs to be made so it doesnt bother the higher-ups like pyritie on petty things like looking for judge or dealing with angry contestants.

Last edited:
Somebody, PLEASE, make Cthulhu Mythos models! =D

They are perfect for this! Yog-Sothoth, Shoggots, Cthulhu himself, Elder things, Mi-go, they're all aberrations!

I might just do that. You can't spell Lovecraft without Love!

If i don't finish in time though, i can consider judging instead if you guys still have a problem with that.

I'm definitely in, if I get the time :D
Wanted to do something like this for long:
Marit_Lage_Token_640.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.