• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modelling Contest #18 - Aberrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all the same to me.

Anyway, I've decided to recolor the skin.

lolz.jpg

Level 48
Holy shit, Illidan! With 3DS Max, you can just get the whole shape unwrapped(remapped) perfectly with a single click? Without the need to manually remap like every single side of the object? That's so much better than Milkshape!

Although, it does seem a lot more complicated.

And yeah, Taylor_Mouse, please use
tags, your image is stretching the page.

Holy shit, Illidan! With 3DS Max, you can just get the whole shape unwrapped(remapped) perfectly with a single click? Without the need to manually remap like every single side of the object? That's so much better than Milkshape!

Yep, you can even get plugins where all you do is place seams, hit a button, and everything is completely unwrapped :D

I dunno why people even still use milkshape, it's so primitive in comparison :D

Level 31
Having not read any of Lovecraft's work, I am pretty sure that Cthulhu is actually fairly minor compared to some of the older Elder Things (or however they're called).

Yep. Yog-Sothoth, Azathoth, and Nyarlathotep are all significantly more powerful. Infact, if I remember correctly, Cthulhu is Azathoth's grand nephew or something.

But for those that still want ideas, Shub-Niggurath's children are also a good idea.

Please stay on topic in regards to the models. Discussing lore will prolly help give people better isnpiration but it seems like we are going off topic

PS: Someone reported this thread because it was going off topic. If you have a problem with the thread, just say so on the thread instead of reporting it. seriously. The problem will be solved quicker and by itself.
Mods dont have to clean up everything.

I've downloaded your model, shryke, and it all looks cool.. however.. there are a number of skinning flaws, such as the lower part of the shoulder?-thingies? and his tail-crotch area. tested it in WE to confirm and it still shows deformations in these places

it would be cool if you could re-attach vertices there in a better fashion, and.. he could use claws on legs :>

overall, pretty cool

EDIT: vermilion@ You should "comment" every bone in milkshape with a word

Linear

Status
Not open for further replies.