• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 23 - 3 Tier Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I have updated the contestant list with current wips and entries.

Recently I have enforced a deadline system that locks and closes when 2 options are met.
the deadline date is passed and we have at least 3 finished entries
So usually this contest would end when the next person submits a model, given that we have... 2 "entries"... already

However, given that PROXY, RED BARON, HappyCockroach, MassiveMaster, Deolrin, and eubz are all in favor of a 1 week extension. We will have a 1 week extension.

Please.... dont waste this extra time as well.
And remember....

MAY THE DEADLINE
The-Hunger-Games-wallpaper-4.jpg

BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR

MassiveMaster, just put a simple plane with replacableid2 texture, add geoset animation and you are fine :)

First, I use Gmax for meshing, uvwrapping and animation. After exporting to mdl format I do the rest (effects, geosetanims, etc.) with notepad.

Ok, I have a simple plane that just shows up in the portrait animation through a geosetanim. I did as you said, but the plane still leaves black. How do I get the glow on it? Btw, the plane was not uvwrapped. I just transformed the plane to editable mesh, added a skin with a static bone on it and exporteted it. Did I something wrong or have to do something else.

attachment.php

This is the texture and material I use for the plane.

@anarchianbedlam: Thx, for granting the extension. Now I have enough time to add effects and some more stuff I wouldn't had have time for otherwise. :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
:thumbs_up: Still not anyone with a masterplan for converting? Might lower my animations quite a bit then :wink:

Sry, can't help you with that. I just use Gmax...

I've another question. I've the problem that my death animations ingame don't play until the end but near the end suddenly skip to the decay animation. Does the death anims have to be of a defined lenght or what could be the problem? My death anims have currently a length of 4000 by a custom FPS of 960 in Gmax.

EDIT: Figured it out. I use the editor for that long and still didn't know there is a field in the editor for the the death anim duration.^^

Last edited:
Level 23
Could we extend the contest a bit further?

No, seriously, Revilo and I have worked our ass's of, mostly Revilo to get up the model this week, but due to my very tight university schedule I was not able to finalize it yet. And it seems like Saturday is just a bit too close for Revilo and me to finish the model of. I need to finish the texture and animations, and Revilo will need to finish of the particles.
Long story short, considering our work, we ask for an extension to be able to finish our building or this contest.
I would totally understand if you are not willing to extend this any longer, but still, I guess, I can at the very least try and ask.

Here's a WiP anyways:
ProtossObelisk.jpg

Medieval Castle

This is my entry for this contest. It's a medieval castle with keep, bailey, fortifications and some economy buildings.
For more informations see the description at the following screenshots. The model file and a test map are attached to the post.

PS: I wouldn't mind another extension as there aren't that much finished entries till now. I'd really like to see some more of the entries to be finished. :thumbs_up:

Medieval Castle Tier 1:

attachment.php

Medieval Castle Tier 2:

attachment.php

Medieval Castle Tier 3:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tier1.png
    Tier1.png
    822.5 KB · Views: 19,241
  • Tier2.png
    Tier2.png
    739.4 KB · Views: 18,927
  • Tier3.png
    Tier3.png
    848.8 KB · Views: 19,066
  • Castle.mdx
    308.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Medieval Castle Test-Map.w3x
    4.5 MB · Views: 262
Level 23
Revilo and I made some progress, while we hoped to finish till the deadline, the amount of work that remained was a bit too much, so we stand here at 3AM after 6 hours nonstop work with a close to finished model, but we are simply to tired to finish it today.
So, if you are fine with it, we would like to have the sunday-extension in order to be able to finish it.

Here is the current state:
BossTossPylon.jpg

Level 51
Can I post my entry tomorrow also, or is it to late then? Sorry for lots of asking, but I worked my ass of today and just wasn't able to finish it.
I only need to add particles, sprites and omni-lights, but there is no more time for it today.

Meh, I have no problem in not being able to submitting it tomorrow anymore, but if so I would be glad.

Level 23
Thanks a lot for your patience everybody, especially anarchy.

It became more than necessary because the model bugged more than everything I ever experienced. Basically nothing worked as planned and once one bug was fixed a new appeared. So this model is totally fucked up but now works properly ingame.

And here it is: Download link
184486-albums3456-picture57703.png

Download link

Attachments

• ProtossObeliskTexture256.blp
    75.8 KB · Views: 175
  • ProtossObelisk.mdx
    80.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Level 51
Here's my model too!

Thanks for the patience too :)

Aswell as Wandering_Soul I really learnt lot of this model, animating wise and other shit ^^

Anyway, it still has some flaws but meh, it will work :D

The path of the texture is "TempleofStorms.blp".
Just remove the War3imported.

Attachments

• PandarenTempleVS3.mdx
    299.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Screen1.JPG
    Screen1.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 684
  • Screen3.JPG
    Screen3.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 523
  • Screen4.JPG
    Screen4.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 546
  • Templeofstorms.blp
    68.6 KB · Views: 149
Level 35
Nice submissions and to clarify: I won't be posting mine.. converting between maya 2012 and milkshape before the real version of current milkshape beta is released is a hazzle and I can see that things fail to often for me to have time to fix it.

But I'll just be posting it on Hive when I get it converted.

For those curious I can reveal the following keywords:

Maggots, Head, Dead.

Here is a test map, I think it won't be useless for my model. I also edited the .tga path (edited my other post as well).

I didn't try to re-texture it because I got a exams week too. But seriously, I found you hard on me. I know that's about pointing what I can improve, but you just can't hope from a random guy to come try a contest and make a superflawlessperfectlywellmade model the first time (plus I don't find the obisidian texture that much ugly but I conced that's surely because I spent hours to see it while making the model :goblin_boom:).

On a lighter note, I was quiet impressed by MassiveMaster's entry. I thought he would do something a bit classic but it ends up with a big model full of details. You should also try his test map ^^.

Attachments

• ObisidianTowerTestMap.w3x
    153.6 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.