• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 17 - Air Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Early WIP..
wonderwhatthisis.png

Level 11
OK, so this is what I got so far. Nothing much really. I think the end concept will be some kind of a goblin flier, idk. Also, don't pay attention to that sword background, its only a reference picture to know how large model is.

Attachments

• WIPscreen1.png
    WIPscreen1.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 279
Level 26
the mesh looks good, but please please remove the dragon texture and seach for another one.

I'm so sick to see that everyone uses the dragon texture on their dragon models. Cmon' there are mayn other textures available that would fit.

Level 31
Does the dragon texture look bad, or do you just not like it when people use the dragon texture?

I tried others. Heck, I even did a beautiful wrap using the forstmourne texture. This one just works better.

Don't worry though. There will be ice and stuff all over it when I'm done. You will barely be able to even see it.

Level 26
Update: I am sorry to hear that thrikodious is dropping out, he has been removed from the list of contestants.

Everyone's Wips are looking good so far. Mr. Bob, i like the black armor on the dragon, what texture is that? is it ingame or custom? It looks good.

I am sorry to hear that you will be gone GF. I hope that you have enough time when you get back to whip us up something fantastic as usual :D

Keep up the good work guys, And good luck to all contestants

Level 26
next WIP time for me.
Maybe not what you expected, because I promised you the jORCer, but I decided to create 2 meshes and pick the better one for the contest.

So my other concept is some demonic gargoyle. The Head is pretty much finished, only needs teeth, some horns and hair and maybe a texture change of that beak into something "nose looking"

Attachments

• Gargoyle.jpg
    Gargoyle.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Level 26
Ugh... im using the crayons a lot this time.

It should primarily fly, but it can still walk. it can swim it can dance i don't care. that's the point of "artistic license"

For example, if you make a bird or a dragon or something, the main animations should be flying, but you could give it walk animations too if you want.

EDIT: oh, pyramidhe@d beat me to it

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Or you could do something that more people will find useful. A Zerg Mutalisk doesn't deviate from a worm all that much when taking a look at its aspect, and it serves a lot of purposes, not just for those Warcraft 3-to-Starcraft conversions that never come out.

post-1225-1219223399.jpg

Level 18
Or you could do something that more people will find useful. A Zerg Mutalisk doesn't deviate from a worm all that much when taking a look at its aspect, and it serves a lot of purposes, not just for those Warcraft 3-to-Starcraft conversions that never come out.

post-1225-1219223399.jpg

I want to make Forgotten One-style worm, not Starcraft style. It can be used as a creep.
But if my worm will be not good enought, I'll try to make that monster on picture.

wip1.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.