• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 17 - Air Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
OK time for another WIP. Its only 1 sided until i wrap it. Also don't pay to much attention to the texture. I'm just trying them out, since I got no idea which one to use...

Attachments

• WIPscreen2.png
    WIPscreen2.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 210
Level 11
You can already see who is gona be amongst best. Pyramidhe@d, GF (if he enters), jigreal, anarchian. Chilla_killa, Forgotten Warlord, HappyCocroachk, Mr.Bob, DonDustin, Filgolfin could also produce some cool stuff.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
@Fan: thnks : )
@chilla_killa: you r right, I never noticed it resembled so much those gargoyles...damm, anyway I have it unwrapped already, guess I know where to get the anims then :D
Heh Ill try to texture it diferently, or make different animations, something like that to make it special.
The gargoyle is a model not very commonly used, but I still think Warcraft III models' animations are overused. I'd be very content to see new animations, though I understand most modelers find this to be hard.

Level 15
A new whip. Hmm, I'm getting the impression that it doesn't look all that much like a flying unit but more of a sea unit. It might break me soon... either way i'll have a fairly decent model to add to my collection. The mesh is done as far as i can fathom for now, i'd like to do more tentacles and kinky shit like that, but yeah unnecessary for warcraft.

Comp WIP2.JPG

i'm gonna use blademaster anims.

I hope to see more wips from other people soon, i'm feeling the game coming on...

Level 28
A new whip. Hmm, I'm getting the impression that it doesn't look all that much like a flying unit but more of a sea unit. It might break me soon... either way i'll have a fairly decent model to add to my collection. The mesh is done as far as i can fathom for now, i'd like to do more tentacles and kinky shit like that, but yeah unnecessary for warcraft.

View attachment 84799

i'm gonna use blademaster anims.

I hope to see more wips from other people soon, i'm feeling the game coming on...

Would be awfully nice as a flying/highly hovering unit actually with all those tentacles hanging down and swinging in the breeze.

Level 31
K, so it turns out, I won't be able to get the anims from my dragon into WC3. I rigged it using the good way, and neodex doesn't recognize that way. It recognizes the crap way. Grr...it was such a good rig too...

Anyway, I'll have to make something mechanical instead. So, here is my WIP for the Vought F4U Corsair. The model is anatomically perfect btw.

And yes, I shall be making a custom texture. Oh and no, the wings are NOT flat planes.

Attachments

• Tada5.png
    Tada5.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 229
Level 26
Idk I just feel that me and few others newbie modelers are here just for the heck of it :p

But that is what makes this contest great. It's only fun when a lot of people join! :D and its good for beginners to practice. Joining a contest ensures that the beginner modelers get back constructive criticism. I remember my first contest i joined, i had never imagined making something as big as the "ODIN" castle thing until then. ;D

... btw this next model is going to be superfucking complex D:

K, so it turns out, I won't be able to get the anims from my dragon into WC3. I rigged it using the good way, and neodex doesn't recognize that way. It recognizes the crap way. Grr...it was such a good rig too...

Anyway, I'll have to make something mechanical instead. So, here is my WIP for the Vought F4U Corsair. The model is anatomically perfect btw.

And yes, I shall be making a custom texture. Oh and no, the wings are NOT flat planes.
don't give up on that Dragon bob!!! it's awesome!
NeoDex uses the skin modifier to rig, afaik. it's pretty efficient, it isn't shitty at all. just make your bones and add them to the list, select the vertices and set the weight to them relating to each bone....

Level 31
don't give up on that Dragon bob!!! it's awesome!
NeoDex uses the skin modifier to rig, afaik. it's pretty efficient, it isn't shitty at all. just make your bones and add them to the list, select the vertices and set the weight to them relating to each bone....

That's what I did... I thought Neodex used face manipulations.

Hmm. I dunno. My plane is looking pretty good. Once I make a texture for the plane, I'll decide.

cool

not super original,
but it's nicely made

Level 11
Yeah, but I'd like to finish this first, since there is a good chance I could mess stuff up.

Also, is teamcolor needed? And will it be important in judging?

Level 30
Yeah, but I'd like to finish this first, since there is a good chance I could mess stuff up.

Also, is teamcolor needed? And will it be important in judging?

Judging criteria said:
10 points for skin (or how well Blizzard skins have been used)
5 points for mechanics (how well does this model work ingame)

I'd probably take it into account in one of these judging criteria but it wouldn't make a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.