• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modeling Contest #15 - Colossus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, nice, but it would be cooler to see a massive kohpesh... or a sythe... and it the forward bit the handle or a hand guard, if itsa handle thats bad. i swordfight IRL, and that would be impossible to use, its too imbalanced.
My colossus is so awesome that it can still use it.

Doesn't looks so Egyptian... Tried making an ankh kinda thing?
Erm...did I say it's a...weapon?
Ankh would suck as weapon, I already have the cane to spell anims

rofl. so the 4 armed anubis is holding a candy cane and a banana... he must be VERY hungey... which is silly, because he has no teeth

:D lol
jk cockroach, i still luv you ;)
maek me rofl once more and I PUNCH YOU :ugly:

Level 3
uglug head texture start

HappyCockroach i dont know why all are harrasing your weapon i think it look great!
I started texturing on the head, its going slow! long time since i textured but im getting the hang of it again.

headph.jpg

Best luck to all some great stuff here!

Love your dinosaur Pyramidhe@d!

Greets/jojo

Level 31
Mr.Bob, it doesn't matter. You can still make a bone that will be the parent of all other bones, if you know what that means. Just create a new bone in Magos and move all of the other bones to the right.

Oh yeah..lol I forgot about that.

Whats funny is, in the time spent before I checked this, I reanimated it in about 30 minutes. It's alot better than the original even now. ;D Thanks though!

I'll submit it tonight.

Level 31
"Little Bobby"

K, here it is. My fourth model for this bloody compo. -.-

I think the main reason I scored here more than the others, is because I payed more attention to texture, animation, and general node work. I didn't overdo the mesh this time.

It's a transforming robot.....thing...

BTW, archy, I did the particles especially for you. :3

EDIT: The official name for the model is "Little Bobby" btw.

UPDATE: Added some fire to the death.

Attachments

• pic10.jpg
    pic10.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 552
  • Pic9.jpg
    Pic9.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 436
  • pic11.jpg
    pic11.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 552
  • pic12.jpg
    pic12.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 411
  • pic13.jpg
    pic13.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 406
  • pic14.jpg
    pic14.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 364
  • pic18.jpg
    pic18.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 376
  • pic17.jpg
    pic17.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 377
  • pic16.jpg
    pic16.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 422
  • pic15.jpg
    pic15.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 305
  • BallTank2.mdx
    395.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
HappyCockroach i dont know why all are harrasing your weapon i think it look great!
I started texturing on the head, its going slow! long time since i textured but im getting the hang of it again.

Looks good so far although I dunno how well your model will fit into WC3. Your texturing style is quite different.

Level 31
Mr. Bob, Stand and Walk animations are awfully static. You could at least make it hover, and perhaps animate the Team Colored energy things, so they would scale up\down or something. Maybe even make an animated texture. The morph animations, the Spell Throw and the mesh is really awesome, however. :)

Trouble is, the thing is so large, when I do stuff like that, it makes it look stupid. D: I may add some ribbons and exhaust effects though. : )

But yeah, your right, it looks kinda bland atm.

Level 3
Uglug texture

Texturing took alot longer then i anticipated, What one doesent do often he forgets. Anyhow i guess i have about 2 hours left on texturing. Whats bad is that my uws are fucked up:cry: So the placment is not as i anticipated, soo will have to unwrap again.

texturenew2.jpg

Level 3
Nice

The same goes to you! Loving the weapons even though i liked the sword before it looks better now, I still have to figure out what kind of weapon my character will have. Soo far ive only come up with the mighty fart attack wich is more of a spell then a weapon :p

greets/jojo

The same goes to you! Loving the weapons even though i liked the sword before it looks better now, I still have to figure out what kind of weapon my character will have. Soo far ive only come up with the mighty fart attack wich is more of a spell then a weapon :p

greets/jojo
Thanks! Your colossus is more likely to wield a massive club or maybe unarmed... An axe could look good too, other than that, whether something exotic and original or unarmed...

Level 26
Yeah, if you don't model very often you tend to do it much slower than people who do it all the time. That's normal :p

god, dont i know it :/ i havent made a model in forever and it is taking me a lifetime to work on this damn thing

Get the concept in your head BEFORE you start. For instance, I think of a concept gradually at work all day, then come home and spend an hour making it. :D

D: shit you concept fast. Ive been trying to make a concept for weeks now, and i only have a partial. its easy to think of "general" concepts (like weapons or armor pieces) but its a TOTAL bitch to get everything to fit together snug and proportionate .....

anywho... HOPEFULLY i will have a WIP of the UVed and textured mesh by this weekend

Level 11
You have to release Egyptian scimitar as attachment, just have to!!

And I think him having 4 of thos scimis would be best.

Level 3
Uglug quick turnaround

Almost fininshed with the base texture wee.

http://www.vimeo.com/7992508

weexoc.jpg

thx for the tip Pyramidhe@d stupid of me too not think of that :p
But i had too do alot of extrawork to get the texture the way i whanted with the new uw, Anyhow
I found an excellent way too fix seam issues so it was all worth it!

Greets/jojo

Last edited:
Holy shit! Talents like you come out of nowhere, jojo. That's a very impressive unwrap you're working on.
It's a shame it's too detailed for Warcraft III though.

Anyway, finished texturing the mouth and teeth and included a pic of the furglewurg with and without his teeth. Please bear with the white borders on the teeth. It will be alphaed out when the model will be exported.
wpfurgle4.jpg
And yes, he has a huge uvula.

Next is rigging and animating it.
I'll try to learn from BlinkBoy's in-deph animation tutorial instead of using bipeds first.

Level 35
Anyway, finished texturing the mouth and teeth and included a pic of the furglewurg with and without his teeth. Please bear with the white borders on the teeth. It will be alphaed out when the model will be exported.
View attachment 70796
And yes, he has a huge uvula.

Awesome smile that dude have - I really wouldn't want to be pounded by a guy smiling like that.. Actually I just don't want to get pounded by a rock club or two :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.