• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #13 - Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I really wish people would stop geo-merging...

if you don´t have the tools for it then it is the best way to make anything at all.

And now stop downrating geo-merging D:

And as a side note: As this is a WCIII site and we make ressources, it does not matter the way you do anything because people just care about the result. And this has a lot to do with the idea itself......

Last edited:
Level 30
if you don´t have the tools for it then it is the best way to make anything at all.

And now stop downrating geo-merging -.-

And as a side note: As this is a WCIII site and we make ressources, it does not matter the way you do anything because people just care about the result. And this has a lot to do with the idea itself......

You don't geomerge ...
I respect the way you make models.
Some geomerges are just idiotic like changing a sword to another one ...
but you make complete new models out of those geosets and give em completely diffirent blizz-animation.

dramas are fun. its a relief point for emotional buildup from real life :p

anyway, heres my bloody building

a demon summoning portal that resembles a fish.

screenie.jpg

you could say "WTF is this?"
well its a building and thats that.

you say "this aint no bouilding"?
well say that to my RSIed fingers.

View attachment Demon fish.rar

might make it useable as a unit. i dont know.

dont complain its facing straight forward. i like it like that.

edit: will fix colour tommorow when i get back from school

dramas are fun. its a relief point for emotional buildup from real life :p

anyway, heres my bloody building

a demon summoning portal that resembles a fish.

View attachment 51010

you could say "WTF is this?"
well its a building and thats that.

you say "this aint no bouilding"?
well say that to my RSIed fingers.

View attachment 51009

might make it useable as a unit. i dont know.

dont complain its facing straight forward. i like it like that.

edit: will fix colour tommorow when i get back from school

Really nice !

Level 31
Pyramidhe@d, omg... wow... Now I have to go revise my building...

The textures are awesome! Crap that was fast too! D:

/me gets to work quickly...

@ everyone else. Lol No drama war intended. And no, I will never stop degrading using other peoples meshes for your own purpose and calling it your own model. But, my opinion makes no difference. So, geomerge away!

Update

The basic mesh is done IMO. I just have to build the "building meshes" and the whole mesh will be Ok.

Some pieces of information:

The purple plans are going to be guardrails
The pink thingy on the right is some sort of underground storage access for the tanks.
The light blue "box" will be the main doors (of the main building)
the green cylinder is a settling tank.

I'll add some details like campfire near flammable tanks. If i've enough room to do so.

Attachments

• WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 142
Level 31
DONE! Anyway, if this one goes well, I will use it. If people don't seem to like it, I will make another.

DESCRIPTION: This is a multipurpose building. It's original intended use is as a fort, but it can be used as a town hall, a barracks, a archery, smith, etc. The wide space you see in one corner is littered with boxes and barrels.

FEATURES:

1. Full animation set, plus a spell animation that can be used for something to do with a bell.

2. Small details. Things like arrows in the targets, windows, a catapult on the top of the tower, and an actual bell inside of the other tower.

3. SPRITES! Yes, sprites. Now, when the building is almost dead, the windows and such go up in flames.

4. Realistic look. I know some people like "wc3ish looks" but I am a fan of realistic effect.

5. 3 peace birth animation.

6. Birth meshes! And decay meshes!

7. Walls! lol

8. 3 different buildings.

9. Camera and attachment points are accounted for.

DETAILS:

Polys: 1636 (Not much for a building)

Geosets: 131 (Makes no real difference lol)

Animation Time: 79 seconds.

Filesize: 190kb (Again, not much for a building)

SO! If you like this one, tell me so I won't have to make another. lol

PS: Can I upload it in the model section before the compo is over, and still use it for the compo? D:

Attachments

• TownHallV3.mdx
    199.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Fort01.PNG
    Fort01.PNG
    409.9 KB · Views: 211
Level 26
I would like to join, I only hope that I can stop being so damn Lazy :p. And I have a kickass Idea for a building.

HOWEVER: I have a quick technical question for this.
It says that you can not use previous work. My idea was to make a machine shop building (for its Stand Work) a tank (like a factory). Could I use a tank that I made recently (not uploaded) assuming that the building is completely new and original? (since the tank is not the main part of the building)

Pyramidhe@d puts his anti-crash protective gear on and slowly unzips the zip file. he lifts the cover and....

what the? silly S4nji :p
no wonder it crashes. the animation name is "unnamed". the WE only allows a model only if it has an animation called "Stand"
what the hell is "open by text behind it"?

wait a sec. i added stand but it is still fucked up. it is like super buggy. did you put animations on it?

and mr Bob. i gotta say the details on that thing is a killer. with the little flags and the crates and etc.
it will be better if it had an attack animation with its catapult but meh. it is awesome as it is

edit: my com crashed after exiting WE. you better not have gave me a virus or something (-_-*)

Last edited:
Ok, so Mr.Bob doesn't get angry:
Nice use of ingame textures, good detail, it has really a medieval look. I like those ropes However some things bug me:
-the building is too small (that matters, because of rally point flag), it seems too low, some scaling along Z axis could be nice
-stand work is barely noticeable
-death animation has no sound, splat events, also the building seems to be destroyed a bit late
-colision box would remove that selection issue, which happens in area with less geometry
-if you already created a crane, wouldn't be logical if it would move a little? xd also some more build meshes would be nice

Ok, enough of this, maybe I will join too. Here's the early render. I know it's crappy, but it will probably look much different with a texture applied. Also need to add some doors and windows, maybe also other tiny stuff.

Attachments

• earlyrender.jpg
    earlyrender.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 149
I would like to join, I only hope that I can stop being so damn Lazy :p. And I have a kickass Idea for a building.

HOWEVER: I have a quick technical question for this.
It says that you can not use previous work. My idea was to make a machine shop building (for its Stand Work) a tank (like a factory). Could I use a tank that I made recently (not uploaded) assuming that the building is completely new and original? (since the tank is not the main part of the building)

Mm, depends. Which tank are we talking about? :p

Level 31
Tis finished. This is now the model I will be using for the compo.

DESCRIPTION:

This is a rather large temple, with 5 separate parts.

Part1: The base structure. (1st floor)

Part2: Top floor.

Part3: Tower.

Part4: Deck.

Part5. Back courtyard.

FEATURES:

1. Full animation set, with different moving parts.

2. Decay, and construction meshes.

3. Sounds! YAY! :D

4. All of the particles blah blah blah...

5. SPRITES! So, different parts of the building burn down before death.

6. Interior! Boxes and floors can be seen through the windows and doors.

7. Small details such as ladders, ropes, chains etc.

8. Real design plans for standard Chinese roof tops.

9. All ingame textures! So no extra filesize used up!

10. All animations, and meshes are custom.

ENJOY!

(This will also be in the model section.)

Attachments

• ChinaTownV2.mdx
    149.7 KB · Views: 131
  • ChineseTemple2.PNG
    ChineseTemple2.PNG
    788.2 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
Level 31
according to the ground texture, that is reallly small and the textures on it would stretch if someone resized it to a normal building size.

EDIT: nevermind it looks fine.

The animations arent too fancy.

stand - no animation happening.
Stand work - All that i see is the fire burning
Birth - Its Rising!
death - Its sinking!
decay - rubble

Correction:

stand - it's stand.....remember this is not a merry-go-round.....
stand work - of course. It's not like the whole building will morph into a giant beast etc...
birth - hense the word birth. Anyway, that is realistic. Building from the ground up.
death - well yeah. Look up demolition videos.
deacy - will it is a dead building...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
It's the Murloc equivalent of a Supply Depot. o wait, starcraft. Um. It's the food providing structure for the Murloc race i.e. the Murguls are caged up like ... livestock to be eaten etc. Alternatively, you can upgrade them to Enslaved Lumberers or Miners, who provide a steady income of wood/gold

So basically, it's not meant for repairing or building, it's just a static structure. With a nifty animated fellow inside :3
Hmm... Well, = supply depots makes sense. But how could they 'provide a steady income of wood/gold' from inside that cage??

Status
Not open for further replies.