• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #4 - Animalistic Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
As stated in the post it is a work in progress and all feedback is appreciated. Care to elaborate what you consider to be synergy and not synergy?
Actually Chizume has a concept of synergy, but it's more like a RPG synergy, where there are more properties defined. I understand this contest should use "standard melee synergy" and a good example of it is the Pandaren BrewMaster hero: he has Drunken Haze and Breath of Fire, each alone do some effect but combined achieve a greater effect, that's the kind of synergy this contest is looking for (I assume)

Level 11
Actually Chizume has a concept of synergy, but it's more like a RPG synergy, where there are more properties defined. I understand this contest should use "standard melee synergy" and a good example of it is the Pandaren BrewMaster hero: he has Drunken Haze and Breath of Fire, each alone do some effect but combined achieve a greater effect, that's the kind of synergy this contest is looking for (I assume)

The way I see it there are two main types of synergies:
  1. Being the spell you mentioned which is a great example of this. One ability does effect X, another ability does effect Y, together they do effect X, Y and Z.
  2. Being for instance Cho'Gall in the map CotH. Cho'Gall has one spell that slows and does aoe damage over time in a circle, and another spell that drags enemies to him. Both these abilities have great utility separately and has absolutely nothing to do with each other in terms of added effects. However, a good thing to do with these two spells is to put a circle between you and the target and drag the opponent over it. These two abilities still only do effect X and Y but in an enhanced way.

I think point two is what busterkomo is referring to but we will see in time if replies.

I dont mean to be boastful, but my hero shows a great example of synergy. If you dont see it i can explain =)

Please do explain.

Level 17
Please do explain.

Well my good sir, Soar, takes you up above all damage, so you can fly and chase down a running hero or a unit because of the doubled movement speed buff, then you screech increasing damage taken by units around you, a great spell for large fights, then you either dive bomb for the small aoe, or you swoop/dive bomb the runner. If you dive bomb, you can swoop if they somehow outrun you.

Also zeath, read the damn thread next time:
By the way, InfinateAnswers, it's highly risky to use five abilities. Some people have been banned in the past from the contest.

Level 18
Yea plus with everybody posting their WIP showcases it's not like a completely absurd submission is going to get past the frequent posters in this thread. It would be nice to have a little more clear description of the theme but it looks like everybody got the proper impression. Hopefully I can think of something to make but it's been awfully sunny in Manitoba.

Level 49
That model(Archdruid) is made by Garfield and Dmitry Rommel. You better credit them both. :/

Also... The Mountain King is a perfect example of spell synergy. He can stun people with his Storm Bolt, come into melee range with them, occasionally stun him for a short time with Bash and when the stun runs out, hit them with Thunder Clap so that they won't be able to escape.

Level 11
I may consider revising my spells and concept into something different. We will see.

@InfiniteAnswers What's the point of having the passive evasion doubled while soaring if you cannot take damage anyway? :p

Level 9
Meh, pokemon have no synergy. Here is my new concept's WIP!!!

~Tam, the Wolf Child~

In the great northern taiga, life is harsh. Few animals remain during the winter, and even fewer survive. But one species continues to thrive no matter the season, and those are the wolves. Among those wolves, there is Tam. It is not known how Tam came to be with the wolves, but however it happened, they nurtured and raised him as if he was their own cub. He quickly became as fierce and deadly as the rest of his pack. A master hunter, and a powerful warrior, Tam is a force to behold.

SKILLS:

#1: -under development-
STATUS: still being conceptualized, but I'm planning on basing it off of real wolf hunting tactics.

#2 Debilitating Strike (active)
When casted, the next attack made by Tam or his wolves will target the legs, dealing bonus damage and severely reducing the victim's movement speed. Duration and bonus damage increases with level.
Mana cost: 50/50/50
Cooldown: 35/35/35
Slow Duration: 5/10/15
Slow amount: 95%/95%/95%
Bonus Damage: 75/150/225

STATUS: Bug free, MUI, leakless. Visuals need much improvement however.

NOTE: debilitating strike is based off of real wolf tactics :D

#3 The hunt (passive)
Tam and his wolves go on the hunt, regaining health for each prey taken. Additionally, attacks made by the hero may be noticed by passing wolves, who then rush to Tam to join the hunt. Each level incresese the amount of health gained, the maximum number of wolves Tam may have in his pack, and the distance they may be from Tam.
Heal amount: 50/100/150
Max wolves: 2/3/4
"Loose" max distance: 300/400/500
Forced max distance: 1300/1300/1300

STATUS: same deal, coding's done, needs better visuals though.

Wolf stats:
Health: 300
Damage: 12-13 (normal)
armor: 0 (heavy)

#4 ULTIMATE: Call of the Wolf (active)
Tam utters a cry as ancient as the wolves themselves, giving Tam and his nearby allies increased damage for 15 seconds, and sending nearby enemies running from him in fear. The call brings forth 8 wolves from the wilderness to aid Tam. These wolves join his pack, however excess wolves leave after 30 seconds.
Mana cost:100
Cooldown: 120
Damage bonus: 25%
AoE: 1200

Level 3
Hero Contest Submission WIP

WIP - Alpha

Name: Adolph Woosely

Type: Werewolf

Author's Notes: Yes, I know, soooo uncreative. I wanted to do a gorrilla, but I can't find a model file close enough (*Sad Face*). So I went with the closest thing, A werewolf (Model file by Kuhegnetz).

Skills: Mostly under development, all decided are all coded, but need more visual graphics.

#1: N/A

#2 Charge
-Ability Description: Charges at the enemy with great speed and knocks them back. Attack also knocks the air out of the target causing them to be unable to cast spells.
Damage: 60 damage + 35 each level.
Mana Cost: 75 mana.
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Cast Range: 600 + 400 each level.
Target: Ground or Target

#3 Crushing Blow
-Ability Description: Hits the target with a crushing blow. Crushing Blow causes the target flying back and crippling it.
Danage: 50 damage + 30 each level.
Mana Cost: 50 mana
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Casting Time: .5 seconds
Cast Range: Melee
Movement Speed Factor: 50%

#4 N/A

Level 16
Spencenator, one of your abilities is really close to mine:

#2 Debilitating Strike (active)
When casted, the next attack made by Tam or his wolves will target the legs, dealing bonus damage and severely reducing the victim's movement speed. Duration and bonus damage increases with level.
Mana cost: 50/50/50
Cooldown: 35/35/35
Slow Duration: 5/10/15
Slow amount: 95%/95%/95%
Bonus Damage: 75/150/225

My ability:
The Beast Kin Berserker mimicks the movement of a wolf and dashes behind an enemy at speeds too fast for the human eye to catch, and tears out the hamstring of his victim. Deals 25/50/75 bonus damage and slows for 15%/25%/35% for 4/6/8 seconds. (Active)

Derp. What now?

Level 14
your hero is way too powerful now. Summon 9 treants, heal all your men and kill all the enemies. it needs to be nerfed like crazy

Well power of abilities aint gonna add your score,you can easily input So MUch in abilities like damage to 9999999

Level 16
Graystuff is right, hero is imba. Also the spell that makes treants should destroy all trees in the targetted area, not just the ones being converted to treants. This is because I had treants spawn behind trees that were still alive, and it pissed me off. Also, I don't think this hero is very animalistic. He turns into a bear, the rest is hippy magic

EDIT: Xian I don't understand what you just said but it sounded wrong. Balancing is part of the score

Level 14
Graystuff is right, hero is imba. Also the spell that makes treants should destroy all trees in the targetted area, not just the ones being converted to treants. This is because I had treants spawn behind trees that were still alive, and it pissed me off. Also, I don't think this hero is very animalistic. He turns into a bear, the rest is hippy magic

EDIT: Xian I don't understand what you just said but it sounded wrong. Balancing is part of the score

I said making it so powerful is bad
and making it balanced would be good

Infinate, i love it! also, number tweeking is something i have yet to do, want me to summon animals from the forests and have them trample the trees in the radius?

Nice suggestion on killing all trees, but in a normal game your forests are not made up of canopy and normal trees like mine, i did that as a filler, also i don't want it killing the bridge in the middle.

9 trents, it is high, and kill all unit? deals less damage than flame strike of blizzard.

Need to make it not target buildings either, case anyone noticed that.

PS: WIP

Attachments

• FatherNature.w3x
    88.1 KB · Views: 25
Level 17
In my opinion, either quantity the treants, that do really low damage, or quality the treants with low numbers, however, in a melee game, when someone spawns a mass of units, it feels imbalanced, even though it may not be. So i suggest cutting the number down greatly, and instead of having a mass army from 1 spell.

My WIP for my Hero.

MODEL
Model : Villager (male) by blizzard entertainment
Hero
Hero Name : Wildroon Beastrage (Wild Bear)
History
Coming Soon
SKILLS
Skills:
skill 1 - Mutation : Wildroon is not an ordinary villager. Everytime he kills enemies, his anger is focused on his inner persona that makes him transform into a wild bear permanently.
Level 1 - Wildroon transforms into a 500 hp, 50 damage wild bear.
Level 2 - Wildroon transforms into a 800 hp, 75 damage wild bear.
Level 3 - Wildroon transforms into a 1000 hp, 100 damage wild bear.
skill 2 - call of the wild : With his inner energy and with the help of the wild his strength increases.
Level 1 - strength x1.5. Enemies within 300 AOE takes 150 damage.
Level 2 - strength x2. Enemies within 400 AOE takes 200 damage.
Level 3 - strength x2.5. Enemies within 500 AOE takes 250 damage.
skill 3 - solidify : In a single strike, Wildroon's enemy becomes immobile, unable to move in any ways.
Level 1 - stops movement in 1.5 seconds.
Level 2 - stops movement in 2 seconds.
Level 3 - stops movement in 2.5 seconds.
ultimate - Cry of the Wild : The wilderness' power unleashes and all of it are purely poured to the greatness of Wildroon therefore making him powerful. He is a killing beast with his damaged twice as that of his life.
NOTE: I may change some of the skills here. Maybe skill name, damage or any of the attributes...
All are yet to be done.

You'll score higher rating in that, so I'd advise you should.

Edit: You are not allowed 5 abilities, but a sub-ability (one that will be added when a hero learns a skill or when the hero is under some special condition) can be accepted. Beware though, the sub-ability must not be more or equally powerful with the rest abilities, otherwise it will be considered as a 5th ability. The effect of this ability must definitely synergize with the parent ability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.