Grabiti's RPG Creator 1.08 PK

Reactions: Ardenaso and Fleck
This is a popular Korean map that contains many RPG systems so that users can easily and quickly create their own RPG map.

I translated this version and made it “working” in every possible way.
Nothing was cut unlike this version: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/grabitis-rpg-creator-1-08.298612/
Translated by Google

My opinion about this map: In general, this is a good thing if you can understand it at least at a minimum level, it will allow you to quickly make a Korean-like rpg without problems with finding a save system, etc.
However, from an optimization point of view, it was done very mediocrely, for example, when saving, players may experience a short lag.

Features :
  • Save-Load System with using multiple codes (if one is not enough)
  • Ban System (CustomDefeat on map initialize based on name filter)
  • DamagePrint (Shows your damage over the mob you hit)
  • Anti-AFK (Very poor insert of it if you ask me... but it works)
  • Anti-Self-Boosting (Defeats you if you have two accounts of the exact same name in a game)
  • Anti-Local-Save (Prevents you from saving your game using the F10 (Save Game) button)
  • Anti-Unit-Sharing (Prevents you from sharing control with other players to discourage going AFK even more)
  • Anti-Harm (Prevents you from damaging your friends by forcing the Hold Position command upon calling Attack) <-- Can be advanced upon easily
  • Anti-Patrol (Even more Anti-AFK measures)
  • Item Bind on Pickup (Pretty common feature to find in RPGs today)
Few common rpg commands
  • -cam [50-150] (Value is multiplied by 17 when it's bound)
  • -dice (Rolls a random value between 1 and 100)
  • -suicide (Kills your hero)
  • -clean (Removes all items on the ground after [60.00] seconds) <-- Customizable time
  • -cancel (Stops the cleaning from happening)
Contents

Grabiti's RPG Creator 1.08 PK 0.1 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Approved. Hope it'll get some updates now and then for further improvements and creativity points.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 72
Please provide permission from the author(s) for translating, editing and uploading here.

Is this supposed to be a playable map? It seems more like a system and might be more suitable in either Custom Warcraft 3 Spells & Systems GUI / JASS / Lua or Warcraft 3 Map Templates

Also make sure it's working with the latest patch.

Awaiting Update

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 9
Please provide permission from the author(s) for translating, editing and uploading here.

Is this supposed to be a playable map? It seems more like a system and might be more suitable in either Custom Warcraft 3 Spells & Systems GUI / JASS / Lua or Warcraft 3 Map Templates
I'm not sure which section is more appropriate.
But this is definitely not custom, there are just some GUI functions that are only available in YDWE, not counting the Korean editor.

Did this guy get permission? Grabiti's RPG Creator 1.08
What kind of permission are we talking about if this map is open and created with the aim of becoming the basis for anyone who wants to create their own Rpg and is freely available on Korean resources.

Also make sure it's working with the latest patch.
Did I declare support for reforged?
although I'm sure this works on all patches

Level 9
Fair point. However, is your version considerably different from the other linked one to need a separate thread or be considered for approval?
In another person’s thread, I saw that many people noticed the lack of a save/load system, without which this whole pack makes no sense because the save/load system is the main problem for the young RPG map creator.
In my version, save/load is present and working.
I also placed heroes and items on the map, and also gave a hint about how loading should work.
When I launched the map for the first time, it was just empty and I didn’t understand how to choose a hero, etc., for a beginner, all this is not very clear.
This version is pure original, but with correct localization, except for the translation quality.

I don't mind if you add this version to the old thread, because personally I can only write a new comment there, which probably few people will see.
but then you will have to replace both the file and the description, in addition, in this case, all questions and requests for edits will have to be processed by the author of the old thread.
that's why I created a separate thread.

Upd: Reuploaded, now can be opened in any WorldEditor

Last edited:
Level 3
Started using this. Systems are plug and play friendly. So far having a good easy time with this.

EDIT:

I am trying to see how I can plug in critical strike/evasion chance into the damage system.

Level 9
Approved.
Hope it'll get some updates now and then for further improvements and creativity points.
And who do you think will do this? For several years now, version 1.08 has been the latest.

Btw, you approve the Korean rpg template but any version of YDWE that has a lot more effort put into it from different people has not received approval for more than a year.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 72
And who do you think will do this? For several years now, version 1.08 has been the latest.
I was hoping that you would since you posted this.
Btw, you approve the Korean rpg template but any version of YDWE that has a lot more effort put into it from different people has not received approval for more than a year.
I don't know about that. I'm not a tool reviewer, sorry. Would be best to ask one of those people or start a thread either in Site Discussion or Staff Contact.

Level 9
I was hoping that you would since you posted this.
Probably, like any other person, I don’t want to dig into someone else’s code.
Looking at this map, I can say that I could do better and it’s not difficult at all, even the save/load system that I recently developed looks much more promising.
However, the question is, who needs it anyway?
A good template is one that is most efficient and convenient for most users, such convenience can only be provided by YDWE at the moment, but even if I do something, most likely almost no one will use it because most people prefer the reforged editor.
Even though I'm almost done adding all the reforged functions to gui and TESH.
Perhaps I will do something similar in the future, but I would like to see a list of people who want it, I still haven’t received a single request to add something, when I was a beginner I couldn’t even dream that someone would add what I needed functionality, but now people can’t even write wishes, it’s a pitiful sight.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 72
Well, if you think you can do better, you could have done your version instead. But if you also think that no one really needs this, why even bother to upload?
I understand your points though. It's important to not do something that has little utility. Of course if you're doing it for you first, then that would be more useful to you and if anyone would also use it fine, if not, still fine because you made it for you anyway.

Level 9
I posted this template because there was previously some demand for it, but the previous author of the post was unable to maintain full functionality after the translation. It was easy to do and, what’s important, everything was done on a regular GUI, which is suitable for any user.

I had the idea of making a powerful RPG template a long time ago, but it’s worth considering that I only make maps in YDWE, regardless of whether they are in gui or not.
But I don’t see any hype around YDWE, so there is a high probability that even a good template will be used by ~1-2% of people.
Besides, I don't know what exactly might be useful to people other than the save/load system, because there are no requests.
Why don't you then create a poll topic where people can say what functionality could help them create a good RPG.
This way we can find out how many people are interested in it.

If we talk about something useful, I'm just doing this, for me adding functions from Reforged is useful because there is a possibility that I will want to use these functions, but at the same time I am not going to switch to the reforged editor.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 72
You've misunderstood. The poll should be made first to see if there's interest. Of course you should be the one making the stuff (if others want to help, that's something else). Isn't that the point of this in the first place? We're talking about something you'd make. Otherwise, anyone can simply upload someone else's stuff. See how that goes if there would be n number of Grabiti's uploads.