• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of Bugs & Issues for 1.30.1+

Really annoying bug in World Editor. If you place (Hjnd) Jennalla Deemspring in a map, save it, close WE and reopen, Jennalla will vanish from the map with an "Invalid object: Hjnd" error message upon loading. Fortunately this doesn't happen if you create a custom unit based on Jennalla.

Level 10
I found that Custom Games' AI often doesn't work properly. Even I set Insane to computer players, 2/3 of the times every Insane computers' AI is very stupid, more stupid than Easy AI. And If I have 4 Insane Computers, only 1 of them MIGHT be at real Insane difficulty, the rest just build 1 House, 1 Altar and stop there, plus no gold harvesting.

Level 29
I found that Custom Games' AI often doesn't work properly. Even I set Insane to computer players, 2/3 of the times every Insane computers' AI is very stupid, more stupid than Easy AI. And If I have 4 Insane Computers, only 1 of them MIGHT be at real Insane difficulty, the rest just build 1 House, 1 Altar and stop there, plus no gold harvesting.
Usually, this bug occurs when you played an Altered Melee map with modified AI and the race that computer uses was Night Elf (since Night Elf AI is known for build order problem, where Wisps only builds an Altar and harvests wood), although the possible reason is unknown.
I think this thread indeed maybe faced an outdated nowadays because that issue is probably linked to 1.33.0.19308, which as Vendro (Retera) said:
On August 17th, 2022 (almost two years after the Reforged team was let go) someone at the office at Blizzard released an update for Warcraft III Reforged that is called the Patch 1.33. So, this is not Reforged itself but the update from recent months.
The idea behind the recent update was to "say I did it" with making a Ranked Ladder and the guy who pushed out the update left shortly after it was released [allegedly]. One of the changes in this update is that a lot of stuff in the game was reformatted by the 2020 team in unfinished and experimental ways, such as an experimental caching system for all files loaded in the game that was trying to make the game faster. But the experimental cache isn't finished, so a ton of just totally random stuff crashes like the ingame campaign.

So, despite negative news that you might have heard in the last two years about Warcraft III Reforged, the situation is actively getting worse and is set to likely get even worse in the next few weeks or months. There were even more experimental changes that the 2020 team was not quite done building, and the new guys are going to push those out next week without really testing them much, because they can and they feel like it. It lets them check off the box to their managers to say they added features to the game that are not really there and do not really work, like the Ranked Play and stuff that has been missing the last two years.

Along with these experimental changes, one of the things that they broke is the map editor. A lot of buttons and UI in the map editor (after these recent changes) will just crash randomly, and we have pretty good leaks to suggest the changes were made by the 2020 laid off team who intentionally never released those changes because the changes were not finished.

Level 18
Issue with abilitydata.slk since 1.36 (or maybe earlier): there are two abilities which use the same key 'AIs2': 'StrengthBonus (+2)' and 'Attack Speed Increase(greater)'.

Level 6
Okay, I'm not sure where else to ask this... but 1.33's change to Sylvanas' behavior in the Campaigns had a problem... specifically that after her first escape on Undead Mission 3 & 4, she would never respawn, and the maps would just proceed completely without her presence. Did this bug ever get fixed, or are these two maps just forever made significantly easier for only having to deal with her... half of one time?